You can only have ONE island?

• You can only have ONE island?

Just bought an island in Martlock, my guild is in bridgewatch, I just ran over to Lymhurst and the island guy won't sell me property? Says no islands are available at this time.

What am I missing? I wanted to build another in Fort Sterling but it might be a wasted run. Do I need to level everything on my first island up, or have a certain level of fame to buy a second island?

And, if I can't have 2 islands, may I start my own guild and base that island out of a city other than my player island? Everything I read said things like "your *first* player island, etc, as if you could have a network of them.
      1.23.40b patch UO Feluccian from Minoc, Pacifica.
    • Yes, you can only buy one personal island per character. You can have a max of 3 characters per account and each one can purchase a personal island in a different city. Guild Islands on the other hand, have no such restrictions.

Have an alt build a Guild island and give access to your main. Then it's easier for you to switch in between alts and the city they're located in.
    • Evas_Flarelight wrote:

Yes, you can only buy one personal island per character. You can have a max of 3 characters per account and each one can purchase a personal island in a different city. Guild Islands on the other hand, have no such restrictions.

Have an alt build a Guild island and give access to your main. Then it's easier for you to switch in between alts and the city they're located in.
      damn you fast!
    • Thanks. After I thought about it, I figured that would be the logical way that it works in this game.

No way you can just buy 3 months of premium and have them all belong to your main? Probably not. :-/

But actually, grinding up a couple alts to ~T4 might not be such a bad idea...

Just to make sure I understand what you meant by the following quoted text; my main can be in a real guild but my first alt can have a personal island in, say, Lymhurst, and a "fake" guild island in Thetford, while a third alt owns and Island in Fort Sterling? Then I can use the bank box on the guild island (which theoretically my 2 alts are members of, and my main is friended to) for transfer of items?

I only have to pay for the one month of premium for each of the alts once, right? And what's a reasonable projection for the acquisition cost of such an endeavor?

Evas_Flarelight wrote:

Have an alt build a Guild island and give access to your main. Then it's easier for you to switch in between alts and the city they're located in

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheArimatheus ().

• TheArimatheus wrote:

Just to make sure I understand what you meant by the following quoted text; my main can be in a real guild but my first alt can have a personal island in, say, Lymhurst, and a "fake" guild island in Thetford, while a third alt owns and Island in Fort Sterling? Then I can use the bank box on the guild island (which theoretically my 2 alts are members of, and my main is friended to) for transfer of items?
      Yes, just give your main and alts the appropriate access rights to each of the islands and you can freely travel between them (naked) for free. Or you can haul the items to each location via the Blue and Yellow zones which may take longer but it's relatively low risk.
    • Yeah, the whole idea of having multiple islands is to get laborers working in specific regions to capitalize on bonuses.

In theory, I'd like to have my main mastered up in gathering and be able to travel freely and quickly from region to region, put on gear for that region's resource, and save it, move it to another region, or sell it locally.
    • One thing to keep in mind is that islands in multiple regions isn't a way around to have quick travel... yes you can travel between islands on alts with the proper permissions but you have to be nakid to do it for free or you'll pay according to your weight..

I started with an alt in Bridgewatch and one in Martlock and it was a pain in the arse trying to share resources between them... ended up putting them both in Martlock and life is much easier... I do keep gear in a couple other zones so I can port there nakid gather and than move everything home when I'm done..
    • Yeah, I have a plan. The multiple islands thing isn't for "fast travel" purposes, that's a bonus under certain circumstances but that's one minor piece of the overall agenda.

One last question: can my main still do all the farming and whatnot on the alts' islands if he's friended?
    • TheArimatheus wrote:

Yeah, I have a plan. The multiple islands thing isn't for "fast travel" purposes, that's a bonus under certain circumstances but that's one minor piece of the overall agenda.

One last question: can my main still do all the farming and whatnot on the alts' islands if he's friended?
      Yes, just have your alts give access permission to your main and you're set to go.
    • You have complete control over your island's access.

You can define several levels of access being the highest co-owner, which has access to everything, from being able to claim for itself a building, destroy and the like, as well as giving access to other characters. This is the ideal for the islands of your alts,
      Give Co-owner to your main to have total control over the islands.

Then each building also has the same level of control, which is good because you can very well give visitors access to other players and then limit their access to buildings and farms.
      And chests, they also have individual access control.
      Everything is useful to give access to whoever you want and choose how far each character can go.

I control 12 islands with my main, (I have 7 islands in Thetford and 5 in Caerleon, they are not all mine but of friends who don't care about islands and gave me control) plus 2 guild islands, I have co-owner in all of them and all my alts are Builders with different access levels for each of their functions (some deal with farms, others with herbalism, others with animals etc ....)