Make all equipment unique by adding substats based on Quality and Tier.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Make all equipment unique by adding substats based on Quality and Tier.

New

SITUATION:

Crafting has become quite boring nowadays. And most people tend to NOT use higher tiers due to price and not being all that worth it the risky of losing them.

SUGGESTION:

Every equipment would have 1 to 4 extra substats attached to them. The substats would be RANDOM from a list of predetermined ones, without repeating the same substat more than once.
      The extra value would be related to the TIER and the ORIGINAL QUALITY of the item. (boosting the quality in the repairman would add value)
      The number of substats would be based on the ORIGINAL enchantment (raising the enchantment with runes/souls/relics wouldn't change the ammount of substats)

Example:

?.0 = 1 substat
      ?.1 = 2 substats
      ?.2 = 3 substats
      ?.3 = 4 substats

2 Handed Weapons substats:

Attack%:
      T4: Normal: 0.5% Good: 1.0% Outstanding: 1.5% Excelent: 2.0% Masterpiece 2.5%
      T5: Normal: 1.0% Good: 1.5% Outstanding: 2.0% Excelent: 2.5% Masterpiece 3.0%
      T6: Normal: 1.5% Good: 2.0% Outstanding: 2.5% Excelent: 3.0% Masterpiece 3.5%
      T7: Normal: 2.0% Good: 2.5% Outstanding: 3.0% Excelent: 3.5% Masterpiece 4.0%
      T8: Normal: 2.5% Good: 3.0% Outstanding: 3.5% Excelent: 4.0% Masterpiece 4.5%

Defense ignore
      + Heal %
      Chance to poison on Auto attack
      Chance to slow on Auto Attack
      Life steal
      Chance to bleed (reduce healing + damage) on Auto attack
      Chance to stun on auto attack
      CC duration +
      cast speed %

Head substats:

Cooldown - %
      stun reduction
      CC resist
      Energy cost reduction %
      defense %
      CC duration %
      Magic resist %
      Cast speed %

Armor substats:

Defense %
      Magic resist %
      Damage reduction % (similar to zerg buff)
      attack %
      CC resist
      Bleed reduction
      Poison reduction
      Reflect %
      Chance to apply on being attacked:
      Slow (cloth)
      Bleed (plate)
      Poison (Leather)

Feet substats:

Defense %
      Movespeed %
      Slow reduction
      attack %
      Cooldown %
      energy cost %
      Knockback reduction %
      Airborne reduction %

Offhands and 1h weapons:

Same substatsas 2H weapons, but half value.

CONCLUSION:

Adding more diversity and uniqueness to each equipment would make things more interesting, add market value for each item and add value to Quality and Higher tier itens.

These substats and values i added as example are MERELY AN IDEA, don't get attached to them the way i made them.

And thanks to those that read until the very end. :)

• New

owensssss wrote:

i don’t think comparing random dungeons to random stats is quite equivalent. Random dungeons spawn in preset locations anyways.
      imadoki, do You see "owensssss royal chest"? Do You thing "royal chest" are OP? xD
      No I dont like Random Dung, It could be be fixed like other dungs with same reward, i dont care about envirement unless there is millons of useless vectors like in undead dungs... Whatever.
      Display Spoiler
      Random effect of editing post on my phone, so useful

Btw @owensssss, which royal chest u preffer, plate, leather or cloth?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Qolkkalom ().

• New

As much as I think rng is kind of a scary thing when it comes to crafting stats it can also be pretty cool. I mean we already have something like this with there being a quality system but i won't lie it's pretty underwhelming.

An addition would definitely make crafting way more interesting.

Having a chance to make a monster of a weapon sounds sick but sadly it'd be a nightmare to balance alongside the enchanting and supercharge system. I know there was some talk about them wanting to try a socketing system about a

year or two ago so who knows we could see something similar to like, diablo or something. But at the same time diablo isnt an open world full loot pvp game haha, so i could understand if they scratched it. I do hope that they give some

more power to the crafters in the future in terms of how strong a weapon can be. The fact that someone that doesnt craft any weapons or armor can supercharge is kind of awkward too.
    • New

ImaDoki wrote:

SITUATION:

Crafting has become quite boring nowadays. And most people tend to NOT use higher tiers due to price and not being all that worth it the risky of losing them.

SUGGESTION:

Every equipment would have 1 to 4 extra substats attached to them. The substats would be RANDOM from a list of predetermined ones, without repeating the same substat more than once.
      The extra value would be related to the TIER and the ORIGINAL QUALITY of the item. (boosting the quality in the repairman would add value)
      The number of substats would be based on the ORIGINAL enchantment (raising the enchantment with runes/souls/relics wouldn't change the ammount of substats)

Example:

?.0 = 1 substat
      ?.1 = 2 substats
      ?.2 = 3 substats
      ?.3 = 4 substats

2 Handed Weapons substats:

Attack%:
      T4: Normal: 0.5% Good: 1.0% Outstanding: 1.5% Excelent: 2.0% Masterpiece 2.5%
      T5: Normal: 1.0% Good: 1.5% Outstanding: 2.0% Excelent: 2.5% Masterpiece 3.0%
      T6: Normal: 1.5% Good: 2.0% Outstanding: 2.5% Excelent: 3.0% Masterpiece 3.5%
      T7: Normal: 2.0% Good: 2.5% Outstanding: 3.0% Excelent: 3.5% Masterpiece 4.0%
      T8: Normal: 2.5% Good: 3.0% Outstanding: 3.5% Excelent: 4.0% Masterpiece 4.5%

Defense ignore
      + Heal %
      Chance to poison on Auto attack
      Chance to slow on Auto Attack
      Life steal
      Chance to bleed (reduce healing + damage) on Auto attack
      Chance to stun on auto attack
      CC duration +
      cast speed %

Head substats:

Cooldown - %
      stun reduction
      CC resist
      Energy cost reduction %
      defense %
      CC duration %
      Magic resist %
      Cast speed %

Armor substats:

Defense %
      Magic resist %
      Damage reduction % (similar to zerg buff)
      attack %
      CC resist
      Bleed reduction
      Poison reduction
      Reflect %
      Chance to apply on being attacked:
      Slow (cloth)
      Bleed (plate)
      Poison (Leather)

Feet substats:

Defense %
      Movespeed %
      Slow reduction
      attack %
      Cooldown %
      energy cost %
      Knockback reduction %
      Airborne reduction %

Offhands and 1h weapons:

Same substatsas 2H weapons, but half value.

CONCLUSION:

Adding more diversity and uniqueness to each equipment would make things more interesting, add market value for each item and add value to Quality and Higher tier itens.

These substats and values i added as example are MERELY AN IDEA, don't get attached to them the way i made them.

And thanks to those that read until the very end. :)

I'd go a different route. I would diversify your resource tiers to give those bonuses when used in crafting. It allows for customization, but pushes the RNG to a different area (like enchantments already do)
    • New

I like the idea, but I don't like the extra layer of rng on the top of the rng that already determines what quality will be the item. (Also makes it damn hard to implement because of the already existing items)
      But giving the item another selection of passives which would be more powerful as the quality goes up (Or just boosting the passives that are already there based on the quality) would be absolutely cool with me.
      If you think that's too cheap, maybe use a rune or some other small item of the same tier to activate the effect on the item (Only one per item of course)