Remove party size penalty RD, replace with buff

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Remove party size penalty RD, replace with buff

New

So currently if you run an RD with too many people the mobs get tougher, and the fame stays the same, this is really tough when trying to run an enhanced map for example in a dangerous zone, to get the best benefit from the RD you need to run in a 6 man, this makes you really vulnerable to the standard 10-15 man dive groups running around, I propose you allow us to run these maps in larger groups if we want, keep the zerg buff, but let the fame scale with the buff so we are not penalised for the party size, maybe cap it at 10 man or something? This would give us a better chance at survival and make dive groups have to rely on more than just bring double the amount of players that an RD group uses.
    • New

Throatcutter wrote:

You totally misread the post meatcup, I don't struggle with the dungeons I'm 400/400 my spec I'm talking about dive groups being double the size
      I understand now. My bad.

That aside, I do not agree with your suggestion. I think the opportunity to dive/be dove is in a fair spot.

It is my opinion that dive groups will always adjust to guarantee a numbers advantage and your suggestion would just add 5 heads to both party sizes.
    • New

Dungeon diving is a huge time investment. I think with the amount of random dungeons that exist in every map this is more than fairly balanced. Running groups can also do some simple tips like leave the first 3 pulls or so up and many dive groups will just A out and move to the next. These dungeons are now the 2nd best fame in the game besides gates so you need to have some risk.

People are just getting to comfortable with unnecessary party sizes in these dungeons. Instead of running T7s with 8 just split the party and run T5/6s etc. In most cases you will get the same if not better fame per hour plus higher levels dungeons have much higher dive chances.
    • New

I'd rather have the developers look into capping how many players can enter a random dungeon. If you set it to 20 players, then you have a key piece of information to work from when you enter one. If you want to fame in a party of 6, you now know the most amount of players you can get dove by is 14 others. If you choose to fame in a party of 10, you now know the most amount of players you can get dove by is 10 others. It promotes choice, and the risk vs. reward structure, without punishing newer players wanting that juicy fame.

Dive Groups already have an inherit advantage. You're in fame gear. They're in zvz gear. You're likely on mobs, they're not. You're a small party, they double your numbers. It's fun to dive, but to get dove and have no real opportunity to even fight back is sure to leave a sour taste in new players's mouths. If random dungeons were locked at 20 players, you're at least given a set amount of info on how many can dive you, and can plan accordingly. The choice is yours how much risk vs. reward you're after.

The trouble with capping random dungeons is that if people wanted to game the system they could just have 15 friends go in with them, and sit inside at the entrance. But that's boring for those people, and people can do that right now and don't. But since it's a possibility, and a cap would make it incredibly more profitable to do that, I'm not sure what sort of way there would be to combat it.
    • New

Throatcutter wrote:

You totally misread the post meatcup, I don't struggle with the dungeons I'm 400/400 my spec I'm talking about dive groups being double the size
      between you and me only.... and this is not a fix just a possible little thing to do here and there.. do you guys really mind if you skip the first floor?..... then start on floor II [this would be horrible if the first floor was already the last floor]..

we did some t8 mercia [i should of recorded it]... we skip first floor havent gotten dived to..but now that i say this im possitive these guys are going to check every floor......... we heard on discord by other allience [ i have couple of friends in diverse alliance including squad and oops] that they have a style of diving... this include that if the mob is full they dont dive.. cause they looking for clear dungeon [first floor] to dive... if they see no mob, they already know someone inside and they rush in [some of them use royal chest with stack speed, reducing their shoes ability to run extremely long inside a dungeon] once they reach you ... (>^(>O.o)>.. however when we skip first floor we havent got dived yet, and we can only guess that they musta though it was a full dungeon which is not what they looking for.....

could be wrong but the discord tips with what happening to me seem to be legit........

anyway,, i wonder if they going to cap entrance of dungeon... if this is done like 20 player per dungeon, it would be easy to have 5 running and 15 waiting inside XD [no productive but hey lol]
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Kombat: https://bit.ly/2H3BZns
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      hellgate https://bit.ly/2H8Gqi3
    • New

Gaheris wrote:

I'd rather have the developers look into capping how many players can enter a random dungeon. If you set it to 20 players, then you have a key piece of information to work from when you enter one. If you want to fame in a party of 6, you now know the most amount of players you can get dove by is 14 others. If you choose to fame in a party of 10, you now know the most amount of players you can get dove by is 10 others. It promotes choice, and the risk vs. reward structure, without punishing newer players wanting that juicy fame.

Dive Groups already have an inherit advantage. You're in fame gear. They're in zvz gear. You're likely on mobs, they're not. You're a small party, they double your numbers. It's fun to dive, but to get dove and have no real opportunity to even fight back is sure to leave a sour taste in new players's mouths. If random dungeons were locked at 20 players, you're at least given a set amount of info on how many can dive you, and can plan accordingly. The choice is yours how much risk vs. reward you're after.

The trouble with capping random dungeons is that if people wanted to game the system they could just have 15 friends go in with them, and sit inside at the entrance. But that's boring for those people, and people can do that right now and don't. But since it's a possibility, and a cap would make it incredibly more profitable to do that, I'm not sure what sort of way there would be to combat it.
      I like this idea. It goes well with the risk vs reward.

If they want the best fame and loot, they will need to risk being attacked by a dive group too big. If they want to even the odds, they get average fame and average loot, but they have the chance to fight back. If they want to go safe, they go in great numbers but they get little fame and bad loot.

Thats exactly how risk vs reward should work.
    • New

Keep a scout volunteer in real cheap gear at the inside of the dungeon entrance floor that you're on, you'll never be surprised by a dive again. You should have ample time to finish off your current mobs, switch gear, leash bosses or whatever else. To compensate for the loss in fame you can pay for his time with silver or fame tomes.
    • New

Ghosthawk wrote:

This whole concept of Risk vs Reward people are using is absolute crap; where is the risk in bringing 10-20 players into a dungeon to dive the 5-6 player group trying to progress? Oh wait there isn’t any risk and they get all of the reward. Please get off your high horses and just admit you want easy ganks because you are cowards.
      You're taking a general concept and applying it to a unique situation, which isn't a fair way to argue.

The risk/reward general concept has to be applied generally, because it's a generalized concept.

The risk involved in 10-20 players is a time sink - there is no guarantee you will find people in an RD, and there is no guarantee you will beat them. There is no guarantee you will even make it there because you might get zerg'd down by a competent 5 man OW team. There is no guarantee that one slow guy Bob will even make it out of the portal zone because he dropped his tactical sandwich to the claws boys.

The less people you have in a risky zone, the more likely you will be outnumbered.
      More people in a RD event will reduce the risk (odds) of losing to divers, and reduce the reward (fame/loot)
      More people in a dungeon dive will reduce the risk of losing to a DG group, and reduce the reward (loot).

This is not a new concept for literally any facet of actual life or video games. You are upset that fairness isn't a guarantee and life will shit all over your parade if you expect anything of the sort.

If you want a fair fight, go play League, Dota, or literally any other fixed format MOBA or FPS.
    • New

MEATCUP wrote:

Ghosthawk wrote:

This whole concept of Risk vs Reward people are using is absolute crap; where is the risk in bringing 10-20 players into a dungeon to dive the 5-6 player group trying to progress? Oh wait there isn’t any risk and they get all of the reward. Please get off your high horses and just admit you want easy ganks because you are cowards.
      You're taking a general concept and applying it to a unique situation, which isn't a fair way to argue.
      The risk/reward general concept has to be applied generally, because it's a generalized concept.

The risk involved in 10-20 players is a time sink - there is no guarantee you will find people in an RD, and there is no guarantee you will beat them. There is no guarantee you will even make it there because you might get zerg'd down by a competent 5 man OW team. There is no guarantee that one slow guy Bob will even make it out of the portal zone because he dropped his tactical sandwich to the claws boys.

The less people you have in a risky zone, the more likely you will be outnumbered.
      More people in a RD event will reduce the risk (odds) of losing to divers, and reduce the reward (fame/loot)
      More people in a dungeon dive will reduce the risk of losing to a DG group, and reduce the reward (loot).

This is not a new concept for literally any facet of actual life or video games. You are upset that fairness isn't a guarantee and life will shit all over your parade if you expect anything of the sort.

If you want a fair fight, go play League, Dota, or literally any other fixed format MOBA or FPS.
      Oh please your not fooling anyone with that bs; players shouldn’t be punished for trying to progress in the game in safer/larger groups, all of you veterans are just trying to abuse your level advantage and get rich off new players.
    • New

Ghosthawk wrote:

Oh please your not fooling anyone with that bs; players shouldn’t be punished for trying to progress in the game in safer/larger groups, all of you veterans are just trying to abuse your level advantage and get rich off new players.
      Punished? Safer?

Get rich from your 5.1? What are you on?

If you feel this way you would also agree that 'rich players' should not lose to 6 4.1 gankers in transit for GvG right? Because we rely on them for our wealth? Could you address this point?