New Mage Line Weapons: The Lightning Staff!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Mage Line Weapons: The Lightning Staff!

***DISCLAIMER: I purposely added no cast times, duration's, or any numbers like that due to balance. I have no idea what would work or not, and I do not want to cloud the new concept with "This is OP, or this is Weak" so I'll leave that to the min-maxers and eggheads
      This is simply to spotlight my new weapon ideas. Thanks for reading!

Lightning Staff

Q Ability Slot:

Discharge: unlocked at level 1 of the Lightning Mage skill.
      Discharge - Rapidly discharge your weapon at a single target, dealing damage.
      Shock: unlocked at level 3 of the Lightning Mage skill.
      Shock - Fire a bolt of lightning at a single target, dealing damage. This spell has a % chance to bounce to nearby enemies.

W Ability Slot:

Charged Bolt is unlocked at level 1 of the Lightning Mage skill.
      Charged Bolt - A spell that deals damage. If an enemy is struck by this spell several times, they become electrocuted. Electrocuted enemies take small lightning damage over a short duration.
      Ball of Lightning is unlocked at level 3 of the Lightning Mage skill.
      Ball of Lightning - Unleash a ball of lighting in a straight line. As the ball passes through enemies, it deals damage and interrupts spell casting.
      Static Field is unlocked at level 15 of the Lightning Mage skill.
      Static Field - Place a static field on the ground in a radius. Enemies entering or exiting the field will be stunned for the duration of the spell.
      Chain Lightning is unlocked at level 60 of the Lightning Mage skill for items with item power greater or equal to 800.
      Chain Lightning: Deals high damage to multiple enemies. This spell has a short range, this spell will jump to nearby enemies dealing less and less damage as it does so.

E Ability Slot:

Lightning Staff (Standard; one-handed) will allow you to use Static
      Static - Places a static charge on your target, immobilizing them for 3 seconds and dealing damage. Any player or creature that comes within a small radius of the effected target becomes tethered. Tethered enemies are pulled back if attempting to move greater than the short radius from the initial target for the duration of the spell.

Great Lightning Staff (Standard; two-handed) will allow you to use Forked Lightning
      Forked Lightning - Point your staff and channel lighting from it in a wide cone in front of the caster. This deals high damage for its duration. Has a medium chance to ground enemies within its radius. Grounded enemies are immobilized for a short duration.

Staff of Thunder (Standard; two-handed) will allow you to use Lockdown
      Lock-down – Lock-down a single target in a cage of lightning for a short period of time. The effected player cannot move or attack during the spell’s duration. Additionally, any surrounding enemies take small, intermittent damage while in a medium proximity to the cage. This spell cannot be purged or cleansed.

Lightning Rod (Rune; one-handed) will allow you to use Lightning Strike
      Lightning Strike – After a short delay, a bolt of lightning will strike from above dealing high damage to a single target. In addition, enemies in a medium radius around the initial target will be stunned for a short period of time.

Twin Teslas (Soul; two-handed) will allow you to use Plasma Beam
      Plasma Beam – Fire a continuous beam of plasma at a single target electrocuting them and dealing high damage. Electrocuted enemies talk small lightning damage over a short duration.

Tempest Orb (Relic; two-handed) will allow you to use Tempest Cloak
      Tempest Cloak - Wreath yourself in lightning, increasing your movement speed and auto-attack speed by a large margin. Your auto-attacks jump to nearby enemies for the spell’s duration. Enemies that attack you during the spell become grounded. Grounded enemies are immobilized for a short duration

Passive Slot:

Ground is unlocked at level 1 Lightning Mage.
      Ground - After a few attacks the target is immobilized for a very short period
      Energetic is unlocked at level 6 Lightning Mage.
      Energetic - Every normal attack, you restore a small amount of energy.
      Aggressive Caster is unlocked at level 20 Lighting Mage.
      Aggressive Caster - Every few activated spells, you gain a cast speed buff a very short period.
      Ride the Lightning is unlocked at level 50 Lightning Mage.
      Ride the Lightning – After a few activated spells your movement is greatly increased for a very short period.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Morteos: Spelling ().

• it's something that i mention last time :) ofc i had no description of skills but still,

"Hello everyone,

Seems like some of my ideas went in to the life especially with musiak, but today i would like to speak about something what we are missing in my humble opinion.

We have seen a couple of elemental force in here,

1. Arcane

2. Frost

3. Fire

4. Nature

5. Holy

So following it why we do not have access to lightning skills ?

Great Mage who brings storm to his enemies, who striking them with lightnings from the sky, stunning enemies or something like this. Auto atack with passive which slows a/a of enemies ...

If devs would consider it and agree, there would be only one thing to do. Create a new tree skill for alleged staffs.

I would like to know your opinion guys about it, what do you think shall we have a lightning mages in game?"

But i like what you present here +1
    • New

Morteos wrote:

Owlsane wrote:

I have to say. I aggree totally on the lightning staff concept. Sadly if they have to introduce it, they have to introduce 1 weapon line for the leather branch and 1 weapon line fore the plate branch.

Lightning staff gun and flail hype
      I agree! I'm currently working on weapons for the Hunter and Warrior line that will be in contrast to this.
      I actually thought about the Lightming staff with Gun and Flails in a pirate themed expansion thing for a while now. The gun would have a 1h pistol, a hunting rifle 2h, a dual pistol. Artifacts would be a hand cannon (shotgun type), a cannon (like a pirates cannon) and a sniper type (think Caitlyn league of legends). For warrior 1h flail, 2h great flail and 2h mutli-flail (has multiple flail heads more aoe?). Artifacts would be a 1h mutli-flail a 2h whip and dual-wielded flails. The abilities I am not 100% sure about, but thinking someone like OP could create this.
    • New

Mageit2 wrote:

I actually thought about the Lightming staff with Gun and Flails in a pirate themed expansion thing for a while now. The gun would have a 1h pistol, a hunting rifle 2h, a dual pistol. Artifacts would be a hand cannon (shotgun type), a cannon (like a pirates cannon) and a sniper type (think Caitlyn league of legends).
      I was more on something like Hawkeye class from Bravely second where shamanism is the main theme of this class, enchanting bullets to give new effects (basically an auto-based theme weapon)

For the type of branch i was kind of the same direction as your :
      - 1h pistol
      - Musket
      - Shotgun type
      - Dual pistol (rune artifact / morgana or demon)
      - 1h shotgun type (soul artifact / undead or keeper)
      - Canon (relic artifact / heretic)
    • New

Owlsane wrote:

Mageit2 wrote:

I actually thought about the Lightming staff with Gun and Flails in a pirate themed expansion thing for a while now. The gun would have a 1h pistol, a hunting rifle 2h, a dual pistol. Artifacts would be a hand cannon (shotgun type), a cannon (like a pirates cannon) and a sniper type (think Caitlyn league of legends).
      I was more on something like Hawkeye class from Bravely second where shamanism is the main theme of this class, enchanting bullets to give new effects (basically an auto-based theme weapon)
      - 1h pistol
      - Musket
      - Shotgun type
      -Flamethrower
      -Flamethrowerturrets
      -wrench
    • New

Owlsane wrote:

Mageit2 wrote:

- 1h pistol
      - Musket
      - Shotgun type
      but shammy doesnt have to do anything with guns, at all. In any EU (Murrica came from EU aswell so I do include america too) or affrica culture.
    • New

Qolkkalom wrote:

Owlsane wrote:

Mageit2 wrote:

I was more on something like Hawkeye class from Bravely second where shamanism is the main theme of this class, enchanting bullets to give new effects (basically an auto-based theme weapon)For the type of branch i was kind of the same direction as your :
      - 1h pistol
      - Musket
      - Shotgun type
      but shammy doesnt have to do anything with guns, at all. In any EU (Murrica came from EU aswell so I do include america too) or affrica culture.
      Agreed that these wouldnt fit the theme at all. The game takes place in Albion, which is essentially Anglo-Saxon England.

Not to worry! I am developing 2 other weapon lines for the Hunter and Warrior. Coming soon!
    • New

I see lightning staff as being more focused on casting quickly, maybe even being able to move while casting (could be just quick casting, so you can start moving again right after) I think that would be a lot of fun and a way for mages to not be in the back all the time.
      I think a mobile mage would work great. And if this has the ability to "ground" (or silence) it could fit the theme nicely
      it would be kind of a mix between the arcane staff and the frost one (because of the minor debuffs)
    • New

I think is a great idea to have another mage line, but all mage lines have a focus to consider.

Fire mages deal massive AoE damage, Frost have a lot of CC and a good AoE damage, Arcane goes for buff and group support, Divine focus on heal and Lightning focus on single target? Ugh, well, i dont think this is the best option, but your skill setup is, even if this skill setup are pretty good.

I think this lightning staff could focus on debuff, CC and get the damage from chain skills.