Are there any Albion guilds similar to EVE University?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are there any Albion guilds similar to EVE University?

New

I probably would have played EVE Online for only a couple weeks. But then I discovered EVE University. My six months in that organization taught me all the ins-and-outs of the game and I eventually stayed with EVE for over four years.

Now, I'm loving Albion, so this isn't a case of only sticking around for a few weeks if I don't find a great new player guild. I've already dropped the money for six months of premium. But I'd still like to find a great new player guild that aims to introduce and help new players learn everything about the game, from the PvE to the PvP to resource self-sufficiency.

So, are there are any great new player guilds? Ones that have the respect of players across the spectrum of playstyles?
    • New

There are some academys, however they are not completely noob friendly like Eve university.

They all focus on simply having as many players as possible and throw them into zvz with little explanations.

For a complete noob, its better to join a pve focused guild, then leave it and change to a pvp guild after you get the basics.
    • New

Holoin wrote:

For a complete noob, its better to join a pve focused guild, then leave it and change to a pvp guild after you get the basics.

Fair enough, that's basically the route I took in EVE. Learn all the PvE. Learn to be self-sufficient. Occasionally go on roams with the profs and students. Then, six months later, when I did leave, I left for lowsec and faction warfare. Then eventually nullsec after that.