Unable to Multibox with Two Premium Characters *New*

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unable to Multibox with Two Premium Characters *New*

• Description of the issue: Unable to logon two premium status characters at the same time
      • Steps to reproduce: Log in two premium characters on the same PC running the Windows 10 Version, upon attempting to login the second player the following error is returned and the player is not logged in: "Login was not possible: when logging in multiple characters from the same device, all of these characters must have Premium status active."
      • Result: The player is denied the ability to login their second character
      • Expected result: The player should be able to logon their second character provided both the first and second have premium status.
      Images
      • Albion Fail.jpg

423.9 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 50 times
    • I should also add that I'm not multi boxing to try and take advantage of game loopholes or something trivial like have one character sit in town.
      My partner and I only have one working PC at the moment and so we're using Aster to multi-seat the PC with two keyboards, mouses and monitors etc...

Basically with this glitch, we can't play together and the only reason I bought premium was so that we would be able to. ;(
    • New

Email support@albiononline.com

Account sharing is not allowed, that is what it sounds like you are attempting. You and your partner should each have a separate account. Then perhaps you could run it with one PC, ask support to clarify that. They will not allow multiple family members to share one account, even if they are logging in one at a time.
    • New

Zarf wrote:

Email support@albiononline.com

Account sharing is not allowed, that is what it sounds like you are attempting. You and your partner should each have a separate account. Then perhaps you could run it with one PC, ask support to clarify that. They will not allow multiple family members to share one account, even if they are logging in one at a time.
      Hi Zarf, we are each using our own accounts what we are doing is sharing a PC also known as multiseat gaming or multiboxing.
      Edit: In addition I did email support 2 days ago, I have yet to hear back from them

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tamakachi: Addition ().

• New

I can confirm that multiboxing WORKS. I am doing it on Linux to share my PC with my son.
      If both characters have proper premium it works. Otherwise I also get that error message.

Btw. the premium requirement for multi-boxing was introduced only very recently. Before it was not needed. I would like SBI to disable this requirement again.
    • New

Kohrias wrote:

I can confirm that multiboxing WORKS. I am doing it on Linux to share my PC with my son.
      If both characters have proper premium it works. Otherwise I also get that error message.

Btw. the premium requirement for multi-boxing was introduced only very recently. Before it was not needed. I would like SBI to disable this requirement again.
      Unfortunately it still doesn't work for us, I wasn't able to come right with support either. They asked me to reinstall the game again, which didn't fix the problem.
      They also haven't responded in to me since I asked for a refund, I've made a case with Paypal to try and get my money back, hoping I come right.
    • New

Tamakachi wrote:

I should also add that I'm not multi boxing to try and take advantage of game loopholes or something trivial like have one character sit in town.
      My partner and I only have one working PC at the moment and so we're using Aster to multi-seat the PC with two keyboards, mouses and monitors etc...

Basically with this glitch, we can't play together and the only reason I bought premium was so that we would be able to. ;(
      Um, what you want to do wouldn't be possible I don't think. The rules are you HAVE to have one of the accounts in town or on a personal island. Which means pretty much only one of you could play at once. Which kinda of defeats the playing with each other part.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ValheruWolf ().

• New

ValheruWolf wrote:

Tamakachi wrote:

I should also add that I'm not multi boxing to try and take advantage of game loopholes or something trivial like have one character sit in town.

Um, what you want to do wouldn't be possible I don't think. The rules are you HAVE to have one of the accounts in town or on a personal island. Which means pretty much only one of you could play at once. Which kinda of defeats the playing with each other part.
      Um no. It's fine to run two different accounts controlled by two different humans and do whatever. Also, that's not the rule at all.
    • New

Tamakachi wrote:

Kohrias wrote:

Unfortunately it still doesn't work for us, I wasn't able to come right with support either. They asked me to reinstall the game again, which didn't fix the problem.They also haven't responded in to me since I asked for a refund, I've made a case with Paypal to try and get my money back, hoping I come right.
      I wouldn't dispute the payment. That's a good way to get permabanned.
    • New

Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

ValheruWolf wrote:

Tamakachi wrote:

Um no. It's fine to run two different accounts controlled by two different humans and do whatever. Also, that's not the rule at all.
      Um, I might be wrong, but as far as I know the rules on multiboxing are using the multiple clients to gain an advantage over other players. So 2 clients in the same zone (one scouting, one gathering etc. That said with the premium rule thing for multiboxing it would actually make sense if this wasn't true as yeah you would have an advantage, but you would have to keep paying for it, making it more like EVE Online for their multiclient rules, Rules only against using automated controls.

Now that all said, the issue might actually be in the albion online client with the anti-cheat program?
    • New

Alright so here's an update.
      It appears that the error is with Albion server not registering that the second player is premium when using Aster multi-seat software.

With Aster disabled, the game launches and logs in two instances just fine, the problem being that it's impossible to play two players like this.
      With Aster enabled, the game erroneously does not register that the second user has premium status and rejects the second player from logging in.