Economic Super Powers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Firstly, the devs would have inserted stooges into those alliances to ensure they will never coalesce. Secondly, if a super alliance did form, the devs will break it up by changing the economics so that the cost of such an alliance will be too high. Lastly, ambitions of people will prevent them from coming together.

If you are worried about bandits, then just stay in the blue zones and get the rest of what you need from the market. If that seems too hard, then whip out your credit card. The devs have to eat too, you know?
    • Player112 wrote:

Firstly, the devs would have inserted stooges into those alliances to ensure they will never coalesce. Secondly, if a super alliance did form, the devs will break it up by changing the economics so that the cost of such an alliance will be too high. Lastly, ambitions of people will prevent them from coming together.

If you are worried about bandits, then just stay in the blue zones and get the rest of what you need from the market. If that seems too hard, then whip out your credit card. The devs have to eat too, you know?
      Have you seen how Squad has taken over Mercia? Now they are trying to also take over cumbria...and they are close to doing it.

Devs are not doing anything.

Theres a huge post about mega alliances. They are a big problem, they control most of the game already, including the game economy. Smaller alliances have no chance.

And devs still not doing anything.
    • Holoin wrote:

Have you seen how Squad has taken over Mercia? Now they are trying to also take over cumbria...and they are close to doing it.

Theres a huge post about mega alliances. They are a big problem, they control most of the game already, including the game economy. Smaller alliances have no chance.

Doesn't look like a problem to me. As long as they don't interfere with the new customers, they can do what they like.

Devs are doing something. They have lifted prices for all the low end resource to help the noobs.
    • Player112 wrote:

Holoin wrote:

Doesn't look like a problem to me. As long as they don't interfere with the new customers, they can do what they like.
      Devs are doing something. They have lifted prices for all the low end resource to help the noobs.
      noobs have nothing to do with alliances. Small alliances/guilds have no chance to compete for season points against these huge mega alliances.

And if it doesnt look like a problem to you, take a look at the season rankings. Half of the top 10 are from Squad.
      The rest are from the other mega alliances, like EGO, EOS etc.

If you dont have a mega alliance, you have no chance of reaching the top in season rankings.
    • The problem is the devs keep doing things claiming it helps the small guys when in reality it just keeps helping the zerg snowballing. Adding more land means very little in helping the small guilds/alliances getting a piece of the pie. Since there is no mechanic to limit alliance size each continent is just controlled by the same large groups who naturally rarely fight each other. If these mammoth alliances were limited they would have to fight each other for use of the land they now just share. They also would not have the same numbers to pull to simply overwhelm all warcamps to avoid being attacked. This would provide openings for other small guilds/alliances to join the frey.
    • New

Trigordor wrote:

Why get mad about it? It’s a sandbox game, things that happen in life can happen here. Monopolizing, celebrities, everything so why should the devs do anything? Albion support already told me they can’t interfere so why be upset for someone else’s success. Just get better be diplomatic think outside the box
      I don't think there's anything to be mad about.

Id say that SBI needs to monitor, and take pre-emptive steps if they think it may become a problem. At the end of the day, a sandbox game needs to make money. If a monopoly forms and stagnates the game, it can cause players to leave which is bad for the game.
    • New

The "bigger problem" is small guilds and alliances who 1) don't believe they stand a chance to fight, 2) lack coordination, and 3) are unwilling to cooperate to take down the big guy.

Squad CAN BE BEATEN, and mostly by coordinating with other guilds and alliances.

Working together, they would start losing territories and power in weeks.... but that requires a massive act of diplomacy (all small guilds, small alliances, contact Atmaweapon in game).
    • New

Then someone else will take their place, even someone worse GoT taught us that. We need guerrilla warfare added to this game, the addition of hideouts will be a good step towards that, if the smaller guilds/alliances can disrupt big alliances convoys/t8 gatherers/small groups then the alliances will start losing people that are frustrated, the main point here is that big alliances are heavy to move so that is where they can be hurt, by cutting out players and money from them.
    • New

Again Theat that the core problem. To beat the massive zerg you have to create even a bigger zerg is just shit game mechanics. If that is how the Devs want it then mise well just make the game all factions and call it a day. Many players despise the large scale zerg life because of the lack of thrill and countless idiots you need to associate with. Some are able to hold out and still make it work living the small guild life while many others just give up and join the zerg because they feel they have limited choice.
    • New

Gugusteh wrote:

1 year ago: Blue Army was created.
      Back then you had OOPS controlling all of mercia (and it was way more OP to control territories).
      Blue Army allied POE, defeated OOPS,
      POE then took the position of OOPS,
      then disbanded,
      then Squad took the position of POE;
      Then its now.

Who wants to take the power next?
      I heard that POE lost a fight with the plot owners in Caerleon and disbanded in embarrassment. Some random POE guys was like, "'Give me a month and I'll get all these bad apple plot owners in line!", and now you find pieces of him in the stomachs of those big swamp lizards sometimes.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • New

Player112 wrote:

They have lifted prices for all the low end resource to help the noobs.
      you do realize that this is a player driven market, right?

(i.e driven by Supply/Demand) and that DEVs did not "lift" any prices - the free hand of the market did so instead? If you are trading the market you have to at least understand this basic concept I would assume...
    • New

Captainrussia wrote:

Player112 wrote:

(i.e driven by Supply/Demand) and that DEVs did not "lift" any prices - the free hand of the market did so instead? If you are trading the market you have to at least understand this basic concept I would assume...
      What if I told you that you were both right?

What if I told you that the developers did change something and as an indirect effect it caused low end resources to go up in price?!

Everyone being right is great. No one has to be sad and everyone gets to give each other a high-five.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • New

Captainrussia wrote:

The devs have as much applied economics skills as you have: none. For people who know these things, they can see every little thing that's happening.

The markets are not player controlled. devs cheat when they see things going the wrong way. Because they don't understand the practical implications of what they are doing, it will hit their own pockets.
    • New

Captainrussia wrote:

Player112 wrote:

Devs can influence prices by playing with supply and demand. For example, the black market increases demand, which raises prices on crafted goods. Increases to resource respawn rate increase supply which reduces prices on resources (and therefore crafted goods). Transmuting creates a soft price ceiling on resources.

It's player driven, so at best they have a general understanding of what the impact of actions are going to be, but they can't control it silver for silver.