Zoned, and lost bubble immediately

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @Nangl

Since I got your IGN and the date and time the kill happend, I will check the logs tomorrow if I find something.

jhwite179 wrote:

Where in the NDA patch notes, does it say you will no longer have bubble when zoning into underways and tunnels?

Sharky wrote:

It doesn't. It was originally a bug but it looks like SBI have decided to keep it this way: forum.albiononline.com/index.p…derway-protection-bubble/

It currently will be treated as a bug since it was no deliberate change to the bubble mechanics and we could not fully address it yet.
    • I suspect some part of this is how the game handles zone transitions. You'd think that your character hasn't entered the zone until you can see the zone on your screen, but in my experience that isn't the case. Your character often appears in the zone while the zone loading screen is still visible to you, and I would guess that the timer starts from that moment. So essentially, before you even have a chance to move or do anything, you may already be losing time off the bubble timer. Some of it is latency and some is your computer I think.

So from your perspective, you just zoned in and 3 seconds later you lose your bubble and die, but from the person killing you's perspective, you zoned in and stood there for 7 seconds, then started moving just as your bubble popped and they E you.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Piddle wrote:

I suspect some part of this is how the game handles zone transitions. You'd think that your character hasn't entered the zone until you can see the zone on your screen, but in my experience that isn't the case. Your character often appears in the zone while the zone loading screen is still visible to you, and I would guess that the timer starts from that moment. So essentially, before you even have a chance to move or do anything, you may already be losing time off the bubble timer. Some of it is latency and some is your computer I think.

So from your perspective, you just zoned in and 3 seconds later you lose your bubble and die, but from the person killing you's perspective, you zoned in and stood there for 7 seconds, then started moving just as your bubble popped and they E you.
      Yes, I thought so too. But in my experience the bubble lasts long enough for you to load in, wait out the zoning restriction and zone back to where you came from. I've avoided spawn campers this way many times.

But I've been paying atention since yesterday and it seems to me that the bubble in these shortcut tunnels are disapearing much faster than in other regions. They disapear just a couple of seconds after you spawn.
      And my loading screens never take longer than 3 or 4 seconds. I'm not sure if this is intencional or not but it certainly is misleading if the game teaches you that bubbles last long enough for you to be safe, and suddenly you enter a zone where they behave diferently.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nangl ().

• jwhite179 wrote:

StarPower wrote:

In the video you can tell you cast your D ability which deactivated your bubble. Shouldn’t have panicked and slammed buttons on your keyboard LUL
      And his W should have given him bubble from the start.
      When I died today, I zoned into the tunnel towards lymhurst, and got clawed with bubble. Then bubble dropped immediately.
      You can't dash from claws E. This is animation bug. Bubble disappear because D ability.
    • Amoebius76 wrote:

@Nangl

Since I got your IGN and the date and time the kill happend, I will check the logs tomorrow if I find something.

jhwite179 wrote:

Where in the NDA patch notes, does it say you will no longer have bubble when zoning into underways and tunnels?

Sharky wrote:

It doesn't. It was originally a bug but it looks like SBI have decided to keep it this way: forum.albiononline.com/index.p…derway-protection-bubble/
      It currently will be treated as a bug since it was no deliberate change to the bubble mechanics and we could not fully address it yet.
      Dev team should fix dash animations from claws E ability. Nice option would be a immunity for another root from claws E (just 1-1,5sec) because if team of five with claws get you, its no way out.
    • Xdembe wrote:

yeah immunity for root, then for stuns, then for dmg. pls no. let 5vs1 = dead for sologuy
      and i'm not against to fix bugs with using sprints and porting back and wasting CDs
      The worst thing about claws is that they have root that you can not run away from. Other weapons when you get root you can use eg. Dash. And I mean immunity for cc from one weapon. If five guys kill me because someone use fear someone use stun and someone else use root thats good. But when 5 guys just use target skill one by one thats just stupid.
    • kamilasd1 wrote:

Xdembe wrote:

yeah immunity for root, then for stuns, then for dmg. pls no. let 5vs1 = dead for sologuy
      and i'm not against to fix bugs with using sprints and porting back and wasting CDs
      The worst thing about claws is that they have root that you can not run away from. Other weapons when you get root you can use eg. Dash. And I mean immunity for cc from one weapon. If five guys kill me because someone use fear someone use stun and someone else use root thats good. But when 5 guys just use target skill one by one thats just stupid.
      Was thinking the same. Like if you get stunned by two different abilities its ok, but say you get stunned by the claw ability then you have a "cooldown" time before that same ability from that same weapon can affect you again. That would make things a lot more interesting, even for gank squads who would have to coordinate and synergize their builds instead of having everbody mindlessly use claws.
    • New

Aaand it just happend again. Same tunnel, same situation. 5 claws camping entrance, bubble pops too soon to do anything and I get stun locked to death.
      Any feedback for us yet @Amoebius76 ?
      Literally going to be impossible to cross from Yew Wood to Murkweald this weekend.

People are abusing this! They clearly know what's up, they stand exactly where the bubble pops if you try to move past them. In any other region you can move about 10 meters and maintain bubble. Here you move 1 meter and it pops, which gives you no way to runing back when you see them, because they are literally 1m from the entrance, neither gives you enough time to wait by the door and go back, because if you stay it also pops too soon, and they are close enough to jump you before you are allowed to zone back

Here is the kill log with the names of some of the people abusing this, in case SBI cares:

albiononline.com/en/killboard/kill/35102991

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nangl ().

• New

As Sharky correctly stated earlier, this issue should be resolved with the today's patch.

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Invulnerability in Underway and Passageways

The invulnerability bubble in the Underway and all other passageways now behaves as in other open-world zones (expires after 30 seconds or after moving 150 meters). Previously, these areas were classified as dungeons, meaning the buff would expire after 15 seconds or after moving 10 meters.

Please let me know if you still have any issues with it. :)
    • New

Amoebius76 wrote:

As Sharky correctly stated earlier, this issue should be resolved with the today's patch.

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Invulnerability in Underway and Passageways

The invulnerability bubble in the Underway and all other passageways now behaves as in other open-world zones (expires after 30 seconds or after moving 150 meters). Previously, these areas were classified as dungeons, meaning the buff would expire after 15 seconds or after moving 10 meters.
      Please let me know if you still have any issues with it. :)
      Thank you for looking into this, and not blowing it off. Restored some faith in this game for me!