Stuck in knocked out state and executed because of it.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stuck in knocked out state and executed because of it.

Hi,
      I was running a random dungeon today and while we were running it the game was acting strange. We were stuck in combat a few seconds after the last mob died and couldn't loot.
      It got even weirder when I got knocked out by a fire by one of the bosses after the boss was dead (I was trying to loot which the game wouldn't let me) and was stuck with a 2.5 min timer that wouldn't go away.
      My group, being greedy with a 400% silver buff ran off (cool guys) and one guy stayed back, flagged and executed me.

Just wondering if this is some weird bug, intended mechanic or server lag.

To clarify I don't care about dying. Old EVE player so I don't get salty about backstabs etc, more salty over the fact that this happened due to a bug(?), along with me being stupid and people being greedy rather than someone outplaying me.
    • Saifonswe wrote:

Hi,
      I was running a random dungeon today and while we were running it the game was acting strange. We were stuck in combat a few seconds after the last mob died and couldn't loot.
      It got even weirder when I got knocked out by a fire by one of the bosses after the boss was dead (I was trying to loot which the game wouldn't let me) and was stuck with a 2.5 min timer that wouldn't go away.
      My group, being greedy with a 400% silver buff ran off (cool guys) and one guy stayed back, flagged and executed me.

To clarify I don't care about dying. Old EVE player so I don't get salty about backstabs etc, more salty over the fact that this happened due to a bug(?), along with me being stupid and people being greedy rather than someone outplaying me.
      The problem with looting you describe occurs when many separate players beat the same mob. Regarding 3-minute rising up. Did you go with random people from chat? It is possible that they wanted to kill you and one of them left the the party for a moment and hit you, which made you enter the pvp mode and knocked down for 3 minutes.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

Mob KO should be 15 or so seconds only. So definitely a bug. Gotta say though, no offense but I did chuckle out loud when I read one of your party members flagged and took a cheap kill. Kinda funny tbh. ^^

kamilasd1 wrote:

Saifonswe wrote:

Hi,

The problem with looting you describe occurs when many separate players beat the same mob. Regarding 3-minute rising up. Did you go with random people from chat? It is possible that they wanted to kill you and one of them left the the party for a moment and hit you, which made you enter the pvp mode and knocked down for 3 minutes.
      Ran into the same thing yesterday, again!
      I think it has something to do with the Geyser skill that can be found on a Plate helmet (forgot which one). It knocks back even friendlies and it might flag you as being in PvP combat?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Saifonswe ().

• Hey there,

while I'm trying to reproduce this, I'd be very thankful for every further information you can come across.

You'd get +10 points if you can even capture it for me.^^

The Hammer does have the spell Geyser, which knocks back allies and enemies alike. But I could not verify that it puts allies in combat mode, resulting in the long Get Up Timer.
    • Amoebius76 wrote:

Hey there,

while I'm trying to reproduce this, I'd be very thankful for every further information you can come across.

You'd get +10 points if you can even capture it for me.^^

The Hammer does have the spell Geyser, which knocks back allies and enemies alike. But I could not verify that it puts allies in combat mode, resulting in the long Get Up Timer.
      Yesterday it never happened to me, but two of our group members.
      We were running a red zone dungeon both times I ran across this.
      None of us were PvP or Faction flagged.

Next time I run a dungeon with someone using the hammer I'll be sure to record and see if I can catch it.
    • Saifonswe wrote:

Yesterday it never happened to me, but two of our group members.
      We were running a red zone dungeon both times I ran across this.
      None of us were PvP or Faction flagged.

Next time I run a dungeon with someone using the hammer I'll be sure to record and see if I can catch it.
      That'd be great.

What also would help is every afflicted party member reporting the bug with #bug in the chat, maybe referencing your forum post and my name so I can find it easier. So we know who is afflicted where and when and can check the logs on what may have caused this.