Damage, healing meters, etc?

• Damage, healing meters, etc?

Has Albion ever discussed or considered adding damage or healing meters to the game?

As a new player or any player I feel this would help people wrap their minds around what's decent to play and what's not that great. I mean, everyone already has an idea, but seeing exact numbers would be a little more helpful.

With Fame credits, It's not like people would NEVER be able to level their other weapons they want to play with or use, either.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Drougen ().

• Xaruna wrote:

I think i don't understand what you are meaning. When you are figthing you see in the top left part of the screen your health and damage meter and that from your opponent.
      When you play other games where it's team based sometimes they have ways to see who in the group is doing the most damage, who is doing the most healing, how much damage people are tanking etc, so it can give you performance indicators, it's really handy, some people think of it as a manhood measuring contest, but it really does help you work out what needs work, what is effective or not etc.
    • Imho this is the worst possible idea for this game. This will instantly block all not meta builds. Why would anyone accept anything else that blazing staff if it deal the most DPS according to DPS meter? (blazing is just an example)

There are many weapons in this game and only few are played for PvE for example. Even less would be played if DPS meter will be in game..
    • StarPower wrote:

What about when you tell the kid wearing claws and leather armor that his build sucks for PvE, but he just can't wrap his head around it.

Maybe seeing himself doing 1/4 the damage on the damage meter as the other dps would incentivize him to not sandbag every PvE party he's in.
      What if that kid is not a kid and just wanted to level specs for leather armor and claws for PvP?
    • Belquerst wrote:

Imho this is the worst possible idea for this game. This will instantly block all not meta builds. Why would anyone accept anything else that blazing staff if it deal the most DPS according to DPS meter? (blazing is just an example)

There are many weapons in this game and only few are played for PvE for example. Even less would be played if DPS meter will be in game..
      I honestly don't think it would make a difference. I mean people are already kind of forced to go blazing. Personally in our guild though as long as you have some kind of aoe weapon they don't mind bringing you. I mean some people even go to farm PvP weapons, It's just kind of looked down on. Plus if you want to level other weapons or something, just use fame creds?

Zbrkesbris wrote:

StarPower wrote:

What about when you tell the kid wearing claws and leather armor that his build sucks for PvE, but he just can't wrap his head around it.

Maybe seeing himself doing 1/4 the damage on the damage meter as the other dps would incentivize him to not sandbag every PvE party he's in.
      What if that kid is not a kid and just wanted to level specs for leather armor and claws for PvP?
      Then he should find a guild that's okay with him running with them using claws or use fame credits like everyone else does?
    • again... same old debate around damage meters. There are already methods to parse these things. And I will never accept the argument that more information should be supressed. I find that deeply disturbing. Its about what ppl make out of the tools. Its even more ridiculous to want to forbid this in a sandbox game. The negative side effects are exagerated imo. Surely they do exists but hanging around with such ppl who pressure others to only wear max dps gear is the actual problem. By the way, its already known what the max dps builds are and still... the build variety is vast.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Joshuan ().

• Joshuan wrote:

again... same old debate around damage meters. There are already methods to parse these things. And I will never accept the argument that more information should be supressed. I find that deeply disturbing. Its about what ppl make out of the tools. Its even more ridiculous to want to forbid this in a sandbox game. The negative side effects are exagerated imo. Surely they do exists but haging around with such ppl who pressure others to only wear max dps gear is the real problem. By the way, its already known what the max dps builds are and still... the build variety is vast.
      Exactly, It's not like everyone doesn't already know that blaze is max, but people still run tons of other builds.