Game Breaking Bug.--Market Orders Edit/Update--

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game Breaking Bug.--Market Orders Edit/Update--

I was seeing something strange with my silver going down so hard while creating buy/sell orders.

When you update an order , you pay again THE FULL AMOUNT of silver instead of the (1 % tax of adjusting).....

I want my silver back lol....how this can even happen?
    • Also noticed another bug but not 100 % sure on this one.

When you are withdrawing your bought items on market place, if you click on (x) to stop while doing that withdraw (because you are full capacity for example), when you want to withdraw again the ones missing , there is none , lol???

Not sure 100 % about this one, because 1 time it happened but others no.. But wow I lost so much millions = effort with that bugs...
    • Akhume wrote:

I think paying the full tax on updating an order is not a bug and work as intended. I don't recall it being otherwise but i do not update prices a lot.

IMO it's a pretty good move as it makes you think twice at the price you choose to sell your goods and prevent -1 silver spamming guys.

Akhume
      No, it's not paying the full tax. That's the point , you are paying 2 times FOR 1 SELL/BUY order just for clicking that button. This cannot be intended under any circumstances. When you update let's say for example your price on horse (the game codes it like you are selling/buying "x" another horses when indeed are the same horses) So they are stealing you 100 % of what you are selling/buying LOL.
    • Hey there,

I can actually not reproduce anything that is not intended when editing buy and sell orders.

For a buy order, you initially deposit the full price of the items on the market and the 1% setup fee will be deducted additionally.

As with the sell orders, there is only the 1% setup fee you pay.

Please let me know if I understand your issue correctly, or if I maybe could clear it up for you.
    • Amoebius76 wrote:

Hey there,

I can actually not reproduce anything that is not intended when editing buy and sell orders.

For a buy order, you initially deposit the full price of the items on the market and the 1% setup fee will be deducted additionally.

As with the sell orders, there is only the 1% setup fee you pay.

Please let me know if I understand your issue correctly, or if I maybe could clear it up for you.
      1) Step 1 place an order , sell or buy doesn't matter
      2) Step 2 click edit that order and change the price by 1 for example, and now look your silver and the quantity it should take (the taxes quantity). Click ok
      3) Now you can see that instead of withdrawing you the 1 % tax for readjusting that price , the game takes again the amount of silver you paid in step 1) + the 1 % of adjust , instead of the 1 % alone

So the only way to do it without losing all your silver is to cancel that order , and do it from scratch.
    • Made a few quick try with the method you've given and I don't see anything wrong :

If i update my buy order augmenting the price I'm paying the difference with the former price I've choosen + 1% taxe.
      If I reduce It i'm getting back the difference with the former price reduced buy the 1% taxe.

Seems to be working as intended so far (just tested with seeds).
    • Amoebius76 wrote:

I'm glad that it now works fine for you. I myself was not able to reproduce any silver deductions that were not intended.

If you think you encountered a bug the other day where you lost lots of silver, and kinda have an idea what you did there, feel free to update us. :)
      The only thing I did was updating/editing my orders. And that bug was happening... I wouldn't waste my time/yours if I didn't try it several times.

30min-1 hour after I created this thread , a message in game appeared of servers being closed(don't know if you fixed something there or it was just coincidence)
    • Ok, so you're trying to buy something.

That the system asks for the full price is currently as designed, though we are aware that it is not ideal. Regardless of it asking for it, it will not deduct the full price again, only the setup fee.

Dagother wrote:

Hey, just to update you on this issue, it's the way this feature was designed and it's not a bug - we're aware it's not ideal but as for now there is no plan to change it.

EDIT: Typed "sell" instead of "buy".

The post was edited 1 time, last by Amoebius76 ().

• It can't be like that. That order was placed already , im just editing/updating it.

I didn't change quantity as you can see 4 ->4 .

Just changed price 40,000 to 40,002

So system is treating it like im buying another 4 when I'm not and If i had 161,609 silver coins it would take it and would appear quantity of 4 not of 8...

So basically it's stealing people's silver by clicking on update order... It stole mine :/
    • spice wrote:

It can't be like that. That order was placed already , im just editing/updating it.

So system is treating it like im buying another 4 when I'm not and If i had 161,609 silver coins it would take it and would appear quantity of 4 not of 8...

So basically it's stealing people's silver by clicking on update order... It stole mine :/
      The system first removes the order and gives you money back and creates a new one. Therefore, you cannot edit the order because you do not have enough money. Just delete order and create a new one.
    • SHARKY wrote:

It's a Buy Order

The issue was previously discussed in more detail here: BUG: Editing Buy Orders at Auction House

You won't actually be charged that full amount - you just have to have the full amount available. I've tested it and It's been confirmed in the post I linked to.

kamilasd1 wrote:

spice wrote:

It can't be like that. That order was placed already , im just editing/updating it.

The system first removes the order and gives you money back and creates a new one. Therefore, you cannot edit the order because you do not have enough money. Just delete order and create a new one.
      Oh thanks guys I feel not alone. But how could you explain to me where my millions went If only thing I did was editing/updating that orders and I barely have silver now...? ?( :/
    • spice wrote:

SHARKY wrote:

It's a Buy Order

The issue was previously discussed in more detail here: BUG: Editing Buy Orders at Auction House

You won't actually be charged that full amount - you just have to have the full amount available. I've tested it and It's been confirmed in the post I linked to.

kamilasd1 wrote:

spice wrote:

Oh thanks guys I feel not alone. But how could you explain to me where my millions went If only thing I did was editing/updating that orders and I barely have silver now...? ?( :/
      Remember you can delete orders and get your money back in the 4th market tab. (not applicable to 1% of tax)