Minimum IP for HGS.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Finalhecate wrote:

iced0ut wrote:

Please increase CAP to atleast 1200 IP.

4.1 overcharge is easily over 1000IP on specced characters.

BLACKZONE hellgates are ment to be end game content, not full of t4 shitters.
      funny my friends are all doing this exactly. 4.1 over charge easy cheap gear XD. they tried some build i gave them and melted the healer... Kinda might want to do this myself since i have high spec...
      if i have 400/400spec on my druid staff can i bring just flat 4.0 without overcharge? [ i heard 400/400=2tier or so]
      This is why devs need to do something.

I can't blame your friends for taking flat 4 overcharge into hell gates, It makes perfect sense considering how much fame you get.

1200 Soft cap for hellgates PLEASE
    • iced0ut wrote:

Finalhecate wrote:

iced0ut wrote:

Please increase CAP to atleast 1200 IP.

4.1 overcharge is easily over 1000IP on specced characters.

BLACKZONE hellgates are ment to be end game content, not full of t4 shitters.
      funny my friends are all doing this exactly. 4.1 over charge easy cheap gear XD. they tried some build i gave them and melted the healer... Kinda might want to do this myself since i have high spec...if i have 400/400spec on my druid staff can i bring just flat 4.0 without overcharge? [ i heard 400/400=2tier or so]
      This is why devs need to do something.
      I can't blame your friends for taking flat 4 overcharge into hell gates, It makes perfect sense considering how much fame you get.

1200 Soft cap for hellgates PLEASE
      yeah they said fame is awsome and low risk, i didn't even know this until i started to heard about it since i haven't done hell gates during f2p..... So far they found higher tier and won't some good cash while losing a small amount from normal none artifact... crossbolt and another type [won't say] combo was delicious on them, they can kill healer 100% of the time and earned 2 demon cape that sold for 100k for one and 200k for the other [t5 i think]

Wish i knew this before
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
    • i have ~1250ip in 6.1 set and 400 mastery on all without overcharge. Is very high ip and i think all ppl can have 1200+ ip if they want fight vs high lvl tier team. If you lowskill or you want farm fame go to yellow hg's. they have 700 cap and easier teams.
      if you want fight vs strong team but not have 1200 ip in 6,1 - buy 8.0 or more tier. dont fucking use 4.1 trash.

#MAKEHELLGATESGREATAGAIN
    • AcOrP wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

hg players are interested in nice fights.
      stupid 4 flat solo natures are no fight.
      all they do is take a cut of the loot, ruining prices for real hg players and run in circles for 10 minutes just to get murdered after wasting the time of everybody.
      you talk about risk vs reward but t4 isnt even a risk....
      im fine with t4 players when they fight but most of them try to leech and run.
      why they dont fight? why they run? they have nothing to lose..... maybe this is the wrong content for this type of players.
      Yea runing away is stupid in HGs that I can agree 100%.

baibiscuit wrote:

4.1 Is a problem here, you cant do rd T8 with 4.1 minimum investment and no cape.But you can do the best fame atm which are red/black 5vs5 hgs on 4.1.
      Hgs were setup to fight, fight for the fame and the loot, as stated before, not running 10 minutes a guy on flat 4, inside the hg
      So the problem is the RD not the HGs. There is solution to remove the fame from HGs which will end up the same as before the buff dead empty HGs.
      RD are very good fame and loot.
      I've got 8.2 FS cape from T6 RD. thats like 2 mil.
      And the fame is good also a lot less risk.
      Run a t6 dungeon on flat 4 without cape, tell me how much time it takes on a 5 man comp to do 100k Fame. I can already tell you on hg, it takes less than 5 minutes. I can agree they never reach the loot, but 100k fame for 20k Silver investment is way profitable.
      I used 100k Fame example because usually they do 2 bosses before they encounter another team. With the amount of flat 4 parties, maybe they get lucky and face each other, having a chance to take the final boss.
    • baibiscuit wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

if they have low specs, the fame is just risk vs reward... u get free loot if they run, so its not like its a waste of ur time
      The risk vs reward is not balanced, running on flat 4, doing 50k in less than 30 secs, is not balanced for that risk.
      Again... someone who invested tons of hours into maxing out his spec has the advantage to use flat 4 or 5 and still hit the cap of 1000 IP. He avoids the risk with having invested grind time in his specs. However I can see why this seems frustrating. Especially when u bring decent 6.1 gear, overcharge and then it turns out you made a net loss. I would suggest to simply make the minibosses a bit harder so ppl who go in with flat 4 gear and no masteries struggle to get the mobs/Bosses done.
    • baibiscuit wrote:

AcOrP wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

hg players are interested in nice fights.
      stupid 4 flat solo natures are no fight.
      all they do is take a cut of the loot, ruining prices for real hg players and run in circles for 10 minutes just to get murdered after wasting the time of everybody.
      you talk about risk vs reward but t4 isnt even a risk....
      im fine with t4 players when they fight but most of them try to leech and run.
      why they dont fight? why they run? they have nothing to lose..... maybe this is the wrong content for this type of players.
      Yea runing away is stupid in HGs that I can agree 100%.

baibiscuit wrote:

4.1 Is a problem here, you cant do rd T8 with 4.1 minimum investment and no cape.But you can do the best fame atm which are red/black 5vs5 hgs on 4.1.
      Hgs were setup to fight, fight for the fame and the loot, as stated before, not running 10 minutes a guy on flat 4, inside the hg
      So the problem is the RD not the HGs. There is solution to remove the fame from HGs which will end up the same as before the buff dead empty HGs.RD are very good fame and loot.
      I've got 8.2 FS cape from T6 RD. thats like 2 mil.
      And the fame is good also a lot less risk.
      Run a t6 dungeon on flat 4 without cape, tell me how much time it takes on a 5 man comp to do 100k Fame. I can already tell you on hg, it takes less than 5 minutes. I can agree they never reach the loot, but 100k fame for 20k Silver investment is way profitable.I used 100k Fame example because usually they do 2 bosses before they encounter another team. With the amount of flat 4 parties, maybe they get lucky and face each other, having a chance to take the final boss.
      I can get higher Fame per hr in RD T6 with 4 man party in T4.1.
      HGs are not 100k per 5 minutes in flat T4. It is not 1.2mil/hr.
      You have so much downtime dieing regearing going back find open HG and so on.
      Also we did 3 man T4/T5 RD and the fame was very very good. Yea it is not like going killing 2 mobs then do boring stuff.

And people should stop even mentioning Yellow 5v5 HGs there are very few yellow zone maps. Also people can troll you the hell out of getting your team inside.
    • Stop crying.
      There aren't enough people interested in Full Loot PVP (though there are many who like PVP in general).
      You should be happy that the game is not empty, at least is not going to shut down.

Majority of PVP players in any PVP MMORPG are carebears, deal with it.

There aren't enough Hardcore PVP players to sustain a Full loot MMORPG, that's why Black Zones are generally empty.
      If there was an healthy numbers of so called "Hardcore" PVPers, Black Zones would be thriving, but that's not the case, is it?

EVE is dying because they made Safe Zones less safe, carebears are quitting and hardcore PvPers prefer to bubble newbies in High Sec rather than fight each other in Null Sec, which is still totally empty.
      Null Sec in EVE and Black Zone in Albion are a total waste of pixels and developer work, because only a tiny amount of people will risk all of their shit which took days if not weeks to farm, for 5 minutes adrenaline rush.

Albion needs to avoid EVE route, in fact, personally, I would just make 1 random item drop (like Lineage 2) rather than the full loot. I bet you will see an increment of PvP activities all over the board.
      Wanna bet?
    • baibiscuit wrote:

If it tooks weeks or days to farm 6.1 gear i have bad news for you
      You are assuming that majority of people plays hours to end every day, but that's not the case.
      Majority of players, in any MMO, are Casual Players.

But I was talking more in general, specifically about the Black Zone.
      Gatherers take hours to gather materials, but a ganker in T4 only takes 1 minute to loot all their shit.
      The Risk vs Rewards in this type of games is way unbalanced.

Albion is trying to fill this huge gap by making the game more carebear friendly, without penalizing too much the hardcore PvPers.

If you put an IP restriction on HGs people will wear T6 but they will still run away, even more so, because they even have more to lose, wanna bet?
      You can't force people who don't want to fight you, you can't hard-code it in the game with silly artificial mechanics.

Just enjoy the free loot. And if you want more fights, you should address all of your hardcore PVP collegues and ask them why the fuck don't populate the Black Zones, instead of roaming Red Zones hoping for free loot (AKA defenseless gatherers).

The post was edited 1 time, last by TEKK3N ().

• In the end of the day... people will wear what they wear. Its close to impossible to fix this "issue". I think many here dotn even see it as a problem. I havent done that many 100IP HGs since they buffed it. Maybe 5-6 totally. I ve only met one team with 4.1 and the Rest had mixed gear. Also...is there a way to determine whether som1 has overcharged their gear? If som1 is coming with 4.1 and overcharges + has some masteries then he/she is close enough to 1000IP+ and therefore doesnt need to invest better gear.

Also consider one thing...I think it was pointed out. Searching a HG thats not contested and getting the opprtunity to complete even 3 Minibosses seems very unrealistic. the risk to die is very high and if your group dies, it takes a lot of time to re-equip everyone and head out to find more HGs. I strongly believe the overall average fame/hour for the average semi-casual/semi progress player aint event close to constant T6 RD runs (or BZ T5).
    • TEKK3N wrote:

Stop crying.
      There aren't enough people interested in Full Loot PVP (though there are many who like PVP in general).
      You should be happy that the game is not empty, at least is not going to shut down.

There aren't enough Hardcore PVP players to sustain a Full loot MMORPG, that's why Black Zones are generally empty.
      If there was an healthy numbers of so called "Hardcore" PVPers, Black Zones would be thriving, but that's not the case, is it?

EVE is dying because they made Safe Zones less safe, carebears are quitting and hardcore PvPers prefer to bubble newbies in High Sec rather than fight each other in Null Sec, which is still totally empty.
      Null Sec in EVE and Black Zone in Albion are a total waste of pixels and developer work, because only a tiny amount of people will risk all of their shit which took days if not weeks to farm, for 5 minutes adrenaline rush.

Albion needs to avoid EVE route, in fact, personally, I would just make 1 random item drop (like Lineage 2) rather than the full loot. I bet you will see an increment of PvP activities all over the board.
      Wanna bet?

You are totally clueless. The game is more alive than ever, hence why we need these changes. No we won't go Lineage path. This ISNT a carebear MMORPG. IF you want carebear, stop playing this game ASAP.

TEKK3N wrote:

baibiscuit wrote:

If it tooks weeks or days to farm 6.1 gear i have bad news for you
      You are assuming that majority of people plays hours to end every day, but that's not the case.Majority of players, in any MMO, are Casual Players.

But I was talking more in general, specifically about the Black Zone.
      Gatherers take hours to gather materials, but a ganker in T4 only takes 1 minute to loot all their shit.
      The Risk vs Rewards in this type of games is way unbalanced.

Albion is trying to fill this huge gap by making the game more carebear friendly, without penalizing too much the hardcore PvPers.

If you put an IP restriction on HGs people will wear T6 but they will still run away, even more so, because they even have more to lose, wanna bet?
      You can't force people who don't want to fight you, you can't hard-code it in the game with silly artificial mechanics.

Just enjoy the free loot. And if you want more fights, you should address all of your hardcore PVP collegues and ask them why the fuck don't populate the Black Zones, instead of roaming Red Zones hoping for free loot (AKA defenseless gatherers).
      well if they have t6 on atleast it makes it worth for me. flat 4 gear is worthless.

The problem ATM is that there IS fights for us in the hellgates. There are many teams that would LIKE to fight each other, but they never meet each other because they always fight flat 4 shitters.

It's clear to me that you aren't a hellgate player.
    • iced0ut wrote:

TEKK3N wrote:

Stop crying.

Wanna bet?
      You are totally clueless. The game is more alive than ever, hence why we need these changes. No we won't go Lineage path. This ISNT a carebear MMORPG. IF you want carebear, stop playing this game ASAP.
      Yes it is more alive than ever because the Devs are implementing some doable PVE with low risk, hence there are more carebears than ever.
      Plus, if the games was doing so great, they wouldn't have gone F2P, genius.

It's because of people like you, who keep thinking that hardcore PvP players alone can keep a FFA MMORPG alive, that all this type of game fail, starting from Darkfall probably the best FFA MMO ever IMO. And even EVE had a huge player drop since they are doing fuckall about suicide bombing in High Sec.
      Carebears quit, and the game eventually shut.

If you want to play a FFA MMO, and you want Albion to stay up and with an healthy population, you need to understand that developers need to take into account the issues of carebears who make the bulk of a PVP MMO, whether you like it or not.

Ever wondered why there are so few FFA games around?
      Well, keep asking for more hardcore stuff and it will be you and your two mates who will be left playing this game.

By the way I played many FFA MMOs, so I know exactly what I am talking about. Some of them failed at launch, some after few years, mainly because this attitude against carebears.
      Dude, without carebears you got no one to hunt, since there are not enough hardcore PvPers around.to fight each other.
      You are a minority bro, you seem like you are the majority in the forum because hardcore PvPers are very vocal, unlike carebears who just pack up their stuff and quit without saying anything.
      You need to realize that.

PS: By the way I don't want this game to become a carebear paradise. I just want enough carebears to keep this game alive. Just to be clear.
      Give a reason for carebears to adventure to Red/Black zones and get (occasionally) ganked, without losing their fucking stuff every 5 minutes.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TEKK3N ().

• TEKK3N wrote:

, if the games was doing so great, they wouldn't have gone F2P, genius.
      Ill comment on this note cause i have lots of dicussion in discord about this specifics...

Two reason a company goes free to play..

One, they want more money because free to play attract more players and they can set up barriers like they did with the premium [queue wait time]....

two, They suffer from low populations and the game going down and down and down...

Now since there were records in reddit and offcial forum that there were low population with stastistic views [ as for my experience, 1 year ago red put me to my knee, made my heart beat like crazy, when i came back i was begging to be chased..... lol from being scared to begging lol cause low population]....

the game has low populations so my guess they went cause their game was dying with populations [or both, they wanted the money of free to play player and the population increase]...

They were ok but not as big profitable as they wanted.
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
    • i been running some of my newer players through hellgates who have recently joined Albion from the f2p launch so they have little money to support them. If they wear T4.1 and overcharge they can compete in blackzone hellgates for some of the best fame and profit in the game and have had multiple instances where we have wiped teams in 6.1 gear due to skill :)
    • Always find it so odd when I see people on the forums trying to put rules and limitations on a sandbox game.

If someone is doing something that you classify as "cheesing the system" and "not playing how the game is meant to be played" then you need to reevaluate your expectations.

It's a sandbox and players are going to do whatever they want to do. You can't limit them.
      Just some friendly banter.