[RESOLVED] Blackscreen Issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MrBob wrote:

я так понимаю сервак "мхом " накрылся и уже несколько часов не работает? и когда запустят непонятно?
      В настоящее время нет ETA.
      My English is supported by the Deepl translator. deepl.com (Powered by A.I.) .... :D Well, sometimes it's a bit bumpy, but usually it's far better than Google Translate.
    • Vyhn wrote:

I just afforded premium for a fair in-game price by mining away and gathering ore and selling at a market. Tell me of another game where that is achievable. Also, the benefits of premium giving you more fame and resources means that there is less of a grind, but that grind without premium is not even in anyway unfair. Premium is also affordable with in-game currency that you can easily afford, just focus on a source to gather - gather it and sell - then you will find that you have enough, eventually, for premium. Don't be spoiled. We have it good here.
      *Raising Hand* Eve Online and Archeage !
    • You people are unbelievable. You take this situation and want something free for it? That's just despicable. Why don't you try and afford premium by your own efforts in playing the game? You have to realize, problems such as this can occur regardless of the time, situation or place, with any game. Also I do believe there are reasons for the problems resulting lately - being the influx of massive numbers of F2P players. So, don't go asking for free stuff, obstacles in your way or in the way of your plans (setting aside time to play Albion) will occur. That is life, and you should not expect compensation for being subject to the natural occurrences of existence. That is despicable, as I said before, have some dignity and bear this with patience.
      You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. - Marcus Aurelius
    • Vyhn wrote:

pavlicko wrote:

Vyhn wrote:

Volkier wrote:

Have been trying to log on since coming home from work for 4+ hours now. I appreciate the devs are working hard to fix it and shit happens and all that, but hate to say it - for a subscription / pay to win game this is simply not good enough.
      Pay to win? Lol dude, so you get extra resources and more exp. Is that pay to win? Also, subscription or not technical difficulties arise no matter the occasion, the team behind Albion are coping with a massive surge of free to play players at all times, and things such as this happen, surely you can do something else for the time being.
      uh yea, paying so you can receive more resources (that can be sold for in game currency) = p2w, still a good game but just letting you know that if you pay you have it easier than a f2p player
      I just afforded premium for a fair in-game price by mining away and gathering ore and selling at a market. Tell me of another game where that is achievable. Also, the benefits of premium giving you more fame and resources means that there is less of a grind, but that grind without premium is not even in anyway unfair. Premium is also affordable with in-game currency that you can easily afford, just focus on a source to gather - gather it and sell - then you will find that you have enough, eventually, for premium. Don't be spoiled. We have it good here.
      We both know there's way more to it than just resources. Several hundred silver monthy, resources, exp, learning points and all that in a pvp environment where you need a high turnover rate of silver to sustain your character. But all that is completely irrelevant as my issue is not with it being paid to win. Nor do I deny that every MMO in the history of gaming has had issues with their servers - regardless of the payment model they choose. So I don't know why you are bringing it up - it is what it is, and we both are happy to play it, so why the attempt to derail the thread?

My issue is that in a subscription / pay to win model that Albion uses, people have paid for the service that they expect to use in - what for most people - is a limited time in the day that they can dedicate to their hobbies. And the response from the devs - being one single forum post on here that people have to specifically look for, is simply not good enough, as it implies that the issue is not serious enough to even warrant a single line sentence on the main website stating that they are aware there are issues and are working to fix them. Which means that this is probably going to be treated as a "minor inconvenience" (which you are doing already), swept under the rug, and people who paid $ to use the service at this time would not get that time back in any way shape or form.

Oh, and giving people the option to use in-game currency to purchase game time is nothing new that plenty of games use - Eve online used it from the start, and just about every old school large MMO like EQ / EQ2 etc. has switched to that model - so again, not sure what you are trying to argue here. Oh and companies in all those examples understand the relation to people paying money for a service - thus in every instance I can think of where servers went down, players got compensated with playtime as a result (EDIT: This is actually pretty standard practice since the beginning of subscription based MMOs). Meanwhile, show me another business that will get away with the above, and which you will defend in the same manner.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Volkier ().

• Mephistomaru wrote:

Vyhn wrote:

*Raising Hand* Eve Online and Archeage !
      I don't get around much, apologies.
      You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. - Marcus Aurelius
    • Vyhn wrote:

You people are unbelievable. You take this situation and want something free for it? That's just despicable. Why don't you try and afford premium by your own efforts in playing the game? You have to realize, problems such as this can occur regardless of the time, situation or place, with any game. Also I do believe there are reasons for the problems resulting lately - being the influx of massive numbers of F2P players. So, don't go asking for free stuff, obstacles in your way or in the way of your plans (setting aside time to play Albion) will occur. That is life, and you should not expect compensation for being subject to the natural occurrences of existence. That is despicable, as I said before, have some dignity and bear this with patience.
      You must be nu your funny :P
      Don't tell players what they can or cannot ask for freedom of speech here.
      This is not life its a game some pay for and have limited time play for a few years then give advice kid real life that is!!!
      G.G.
    • Volkier wrote:

Vyhn wrote:

pavlicko wrote:

Vyhn wrote:

Volkier wrote:

Have been trying to log on since coming home from work for 4+ hours now. I appreciate the devs are working hard to fix it and shit happens and all that, but hate to say it - for a subscription / pay to win game this is simply not good enough.
      Pay to win? Lol dude, so you get extra resources and more exp. Is that pay to win? Also, subscription or not technical difficulties arise no matter the occasion, the team behind Albion are coping with a massive surge of free to play players at all times, and things such as this happen, surely you can do something else for the time being.
      uh yea, paying so you can receive more resources (that can be sold for in game currency) = p2w, still a good game but just letting you know that if you pay you have it easier than a f2p player
      We both know there's way more to it than just resources. Several hundred silver monthy, resources, exp, learning points and all that in a pvp environment where you need a high turnover rate of silver to sustain your character. But all that is completely irrelevant as my issue is not with it being paid to win. Nor do I deny that every MMO in the history of gaming has had issues with their servers - regardless of the payment model they choose. So I don't know why you are bringing it up - it is what it is, and we both are happy to play it, so why the attempt to derail the thread?
      My issue is that in a subscription / pay to win model that Albion uses, people have paid for the service that they expect to use in - what for most people - is a limited time in the day that they can dedicate to their hobbies. And the response from the devs - being one single forum post on here that people have to specifically look for, is simply not good enough, as it implies that the issue is not serious enough to even warrant a single line sentence on the main website stating that they are aware there are issues and are working to fix them. Which means that this is probably going to be treated as a "minor inconvenience" (which you are doing already), swept under the rug, and people who paid $ to use the service at this time would not get that time back in any way shape or form.

Oh, and giving people the option to use in-game currency to purchase game time is nothing new that plenty of games use - Eve online used it from the start, and just about every old school large MMO like EQ / EQ2 etc. has switched to that model - so again, not sure what you are trying to argue here. Oh and companies in all those examples understand the relation to people paying money for a service - thus in every instance I can think of where servers went down, players got compensated with playtime as a result. Meanwhile, show me another business that will get away with the above, and which you will defend in the same manner.
      You are not paying for "game time", you pay for less of a grind and the convenience of expediency. Both of which are not directly responsible for "winning" in this game. All I am saying is, that there are unforeseen obstructions in life, in video games, and in plans. All of which are out of your control, so bears no crying over, so I say be patient and let the problem be resolved.
    • ISTILLLOVEU wrote:

Vyhn wrote:

You people are unbelievable. You take this situation and want something free for it? That's just despicable. Why don't you try and afford premium by your own efforts in playing the game? You have to realize, problems such as this can occur regardless of the time, situation or place, with any game. Also I do believe there are reasons for the problems resulting lately - being the influx of massive numbers of F2P players. So, don't go asking for free stuff, obstacles in your way or in the way of your plans (setting aside time to play Albion) will occur. That is life, and you should not expect compensation for being subject to the natural occurrences of existence. That is despicable, as I said before, have some dignity and bear this with patience.
      You must be nu your funny :P Don't tell players what they can or cannot ask for freedom of speech here.
      This is not life its a game some pay for and have limited time play for a few years then give advice kid real life that is!!!
      G.G.
      Alright, there is a distinction between saying that doing something is "despicable", and then stating that one cannot do something. I never in anyway said that people "cannot" do something. All I said is that the asking for free things because of this situation is wrong of them to do. Not only that, but think of it...Who is it that deserves something free? Also, if they are deserving what is it that they deserve? What is fair? What is the criteria by which we judge who is deserving? Please, read the things I say more carefully.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vyhn ().

• Vyhn wrote:

Vyhn wrote:

ISTILLLOVEU wrote:

Vyhn wrote:

You must be nu your funny :P Don't tell players what they can or cannot ask for freedom of speech here.This is not life its a game some pay for and have limited time play for a few years then give advice kid real life that is!!!
      G.G.
      Alright, there is a distinction between saying that doing something is "despicable", and then stating that one cannot do something. I never in anyway said that people "cannot" do something. All I said is that the asking for free things because of this situation is wrong of them to do. Not only that, but think of it...Who is it that deserves something free? Also, if they are deserving what is it that they deserve? What is fair? What is the criteria by which we judge who is deserving? Please, read the things I say more carefully.
      When you state quote"So don't go asking for free stuff" sorta suggests that you have said people cannot do something if you want to be logical and respond with more bs go for it your funny!
      G.G.
    • SHARKY wrote:

ISTILLLOVEU wrote:

Btw SBI is very fair has given free premium days when they face issues as they know the paying customers are best kept happy.
      Patience is one thing a sense of humor is another :P

Relax its JAG.
      Really don't think any compensation is needed in this instance. Game was down for what, 4hrs most?
      Well... for some, it's obviously felt like three days. You will never be able to please anyone anyway. :D
      My English is supported by the Deepl translator. deepl.com (Powered by A.I.) .... :D Well, sometimes it's a bit bumpy, but usually it's far better than Google Translate.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Surl ().