Testserver Patch Notes - Oberon Patch 5

• Wadefu wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

while I support your statement - I wanted to add that Im betting they are buffing it for solo RDG which are coming out in the next big Update
      You wanna bet that its getting a buff now because @Retroman forgot to tweak it when the HP buff got in place. All it is is literally a % increase to account for the increased HP gain.
      Since it was always a percentage life leech it had nothing to do with how many the HPS were..... Since they increased HP pool leech got increased as well... it got increased because it was always low in the first place and because solo RDGs are coming into place
    • Eternalhaze wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

In conjunction with this expansion and the redistribution of Outlands portals, Energy Manipulator NPCs have been added close to the Outlands portal in each of the Royal Cities, allowing players to exchange Siphoned Energy without traveling to Caerleon.
      This is good, but what about the black market?

+1

The post was edited 1 time, last by niphast ().

• Eternalhaze wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

In conjunction with this expansion and the redistribution of Outlands portals, Energy Manipulator NPCs have been added close to the Outlands portal in each of the Royal Cities, allowing players to exchange Siphoned Energy without traveling to Caerleon.
      I think putting BMs in all cities (even if "only up to tier 5") would ruin it.

Too many players trading = margins get really thin.

BM is already getting screwed (less profitable and very competitive) after a bunch of players released BM guildes on Youtibe over the past month....

At least there are still opportunities to "haul" items into Caerleon from other cities to make profits. Putting BM into every city would make it not worth looking for deals and hauling things in
    • Kainoren wrote:

The portal system as it is now is, with one word, awful, Devs should remove it all together.. Helps no one..does not benefit anyone, it is just there to annoy and make you feel bad about your self having to ride for ages to have shit done. It destroyed the economy and crippled the markets. This system makes me feel bad for playing albion.

It adds no value to the game or to the experience, it is just one more think to worry about, and there is plenty to worry about in this game.

Royal city markets are a mess, things just dont sell, and prices make no sense.

Before i could play with anyone, anywhere and in no time..Now im in locked in a single place not having the will to just see my character ride a freaking horse for 15 minutes at a time just to get a tiny bit of fun and then having to ride for 15 minutes again, and again, and again, and guess what.....AND AGAIN.
      You do know the reason for the locks is to limit the bigger alliances and guilds from moving their intire forces to the other side of the world in a flash. and the markets are slowly balancing out. the reason for the influx of prices is due to people raising for the f2p release. just wait it out they should return to normal or somewhat normal.
      Yolo Is Life
    • neosword wrote:

Kainoren wrote:

The portal system as it is now is, with one word, awful, Devs should remove it all together.. Helps no one..does not benefit anyone, it is just there to annoy and make you feel bad about your self having to ride for ages to have shit done. It destroyed the economy and crippled the markets. This system makes me feel bad for playing albion.

It adds no value to the game or to the experience, it is just one more think to worry about, and there is plenty to worry about in this game.

Royal city markets are a mess, things just dont sell, and prices make no sense.

Before i could play with anyone, anywhere and in no time..Now im in locked in a single place not having the will to just see my character ride a freaking horse for 15 minutes at a time just to get a tiny bit of fun and then having to ride for 15 minutes again, and again, and again, and guess what.....AND AGAIN.
      You do know the reason for the locks is to limit the bigger alliances and guilds from moving their intire forces to the other side of the world in a flash. and the markets are slowly balancing out. the reason for the influx of prices is due to people raising for the f2p release. just wait it out they should return to normal or somewhat normal.
      Except the bigger guilds and alliances that care about castles just log into alts, so it kind of doesn't serve it's purpose very well.
    • Removed the spell Stalling Slam; added the new spell Sacred Ground in its place:

• Creates a 3m radius area in front of you. The area lasts for 8s and silences all enemy players within (ignoring crowd control resistance). Creatures in the area are silenced for up to 2.8s.
      • Cast Time: 0.8s, Cooldown: 6s, Energy cost: 6% of max energy

Does it do any damage? If not we will have a Q with no damage? seems really weird.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

• Adjusted Hellgate spawn settings to compensate for the Outlands expansion:
        • 2v2 Greater Hellgates now spawn only in odd-tier red and black zones (i.e. T3,T5,T7)
        • 5v5 Greater Hellgates now spawn only in even-tier red and black zones (i.e. T4,T6,T8)

Let's be logic;
      2v2 (2 even number) ≠ odd number (zone T3, T5, T7)
      5v5 (odd number) ≠ even number (zone T4, T6, T8)

For:
      Even Hellgates; 2v2 in even zone: T4, T6 and T8.
      Odd Hellgates; 5v5 in odd zone: T3, T5, T7 and T9... When will a Tier 9 ?
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Eternalhaze wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

I think putting BMs in all cities (even if "only up to tier 5") would ruin it.
      Too many players trading = margins get really thin.

BM is already getting screwed (less profitable and very competitive) after a bunch of players released BM guildes on Youtibe over the past month....

At least there are still opportunities to "haul" items into Caerleon from other cities to make profits. Putting BM into every city would make it not worth looking for deals and hauling things in
      Isn't it Unfair that people living in Mercia/Caerleon has free access to the BM while others don't ?

I would like that BM is spread for example BM in 1 city can trade only specific items.

And spread it around all cities.
    • AcOrP wrote:

Isn't it Unfair that people living in Mercia/Caerleon has free access to the BM while others don't ?
      I would like that BM is spread for example BM in 1 city can trade only specific items.

It is the opposite of unfair. It's a part of what balances the cities. What you want is unfair. Unfair to all the people willing to ride through PvP zones to get a reward of higher income.

Just get comfortable riding through PVP zones and you don't have to ask that large economic changes be made to the game so you can stay nice and safe, risk free.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Eternalhaze wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

I hope that SBI add black market to all royal cities because some items of higher tiers can't be sold in normal market because players doesn't buy, then is an opportunity to sell some items.
    • Piddle wrote:

AcOrP wrote:

It is the opposite of unfair. It's a part of what balances the cities. What you want is unfair. Unfair to all the people willing to ride through PvP zones to get a reward of higher income.
      Just get comfortable riding through PVP zones and you don't have to ask that large economic changes be made to the game so you can stay nice and safe, risk free.
      Uhh ? I'm quite comfortable with the PvP zones. I lived in Caerleon since release, doing mercia/cumbria for the most part.
      But now I'm in Anglia guild. And it is annoying as hell to just move bunch of shit to caerleon just to put it on the BM.
      While people that are Mercia/East Cumbria. Have free access to BM.

Caerleon give access to the whole Mercia continent.

While in Anglia I have to travel on foot a lot more just to change portal lock depending on what are the objectives. And from West to east or vice versa is quite a lot of maps. While from caerleon you can access all in 3 to 4 maps travel.

My suggestion to spread specific items to specific cities encourage travel and trading for everyone. If I have specific item to sell I will still have to travel from one town to Caerleon or from Caerleon to some royal town.
    • Piddle wrote:

AcOrP wrote:

This ^

adding BM in every city would be stupid (even if t5 only or what have you), and would break the economy... its like the noobies who are crying and begging for addition of T8 mats in Blue ZOnes...

risk-vs-reward.... therein lies your profit!
    • The only "risk" involved with selling items on the black market is the opportunity cost of selling it cheaper than current market value. It still provides the sale of items - you just might make less than if you sold it elsewhere.

The ability to make this transaction is huge, and for that reason alone Caerleon will always have the best crafters there as there's no reason to attempt to sell items in royals when there's always a market in Caerleon. It's kind of a catch-22.
    • Eternalhaze wrote:

The only "risk" involved with selling items on the black market is the opportunity cost of selling it cheaper than current market value. It still provides the sale of items - you just might make less than if you sold it elsewhere.

The ability to make this transaction is huge, and for that reason alone Caerleon will always have the best crafters there as there's no reason to attempt to sell items in royals when there's always a market in Caerleon. It's kind of a catch-22.
      Currently, if you refine and craft in the Royals, you get to refine with 35%? Resource Return and then craft your item with 25% RR. If you also had a BM in all the royal cities you could then just sell the item with 0 risk. Currently you have to take your item through the red or black zones to sell it to the BM. That is the risk, for the extra 40+% profit. That is the risk that is being avoided.

If people are unwilling to spend 2 minutes riding from the other cities to Caerleon to make 40% more money. Then they don't deserve the money. I'm comfortable with that level of gate keeping on crafting profits.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper