Axes need changes and there is some sugestions. Please be free to comment and give some feedback.

• Axes need changes and there is some sugestions. Please be free to comment and give some feedback.

After a large testing in duels, dives and arenas to find out the dps and how they work and perform i found some things. First the halberd is not the higher dps weapon, but is the most effective in general with a burst around 880 damage and bleed around 100 for 5 to 8 secs, is great to use with a team combo, but for real has better bursts in the game, so why halberd? It doesnt need to wait for nothing to burst you dont need to stack nothing is just go and throw everything in like 0.5 secs. The greataxe has better damage potential but the flaw? it is hard to keep the damage high enough, with a initial dps of 575 in the first sec and a "spinning" Dps over the rest 4.5 sec of 330 it has a good damage potential, but it is easily stopped by CC, making Greataxes hard as hell to use proprely. Battleaxe is unworth of mentioning but i will any way: It is good? NO, is good in duels? you do have better options it is just something that was there doing nothing good or bad it just exist to fill the place.The carrioncaller it is hard to make it work, it fill like "hey i thrown a crow over you but im far away to do something else so you are fine". The Infernal Scythe it performs closer to the halberd but the higher CD make it wait more to burst. The Bear pawn it looks good but of a axe jump like a maniac and deal less Dps in general than Halberd and cost 3x more: NO THANK YOU.

To start with all bleeding need to be a true damage. of course it need testing to be balanced but for real i think rending strikes with 16 true damage per stack good enough.

The halberd is a great weapon has a amazing reach in auto attacks and skills, pretty good damage and so far doesnt need any changes,

The battle axe is good in only one scenario: arenas as a assassin tool. As a change i suggest change the vampire slash for someting more fun: A Thrown bommerang like skill that hits twice and apply bleeding. Or maybe a thrown axe that hits an area of 5 meters and slow enemies by 30% if you reach the area before the enemies leave you deal damage again and snare for 1sec.

The greataxe is the greatest problem because he make the main core of axes harder and useless in a GvG and ZvZ scenario. Is a suicide weapon that doesnt make the risk worth by any means
      with a low damage and all the time you need to stop your spin in means to not lose your bleeding stacks so how you fix this? there is my suggestion first change the time spinning to 3 seconds, and add a new stacking that goes up 5 times each stacks give a 15 damage bleed.

Carrioncaller here is something thats is good on paper but doesnt work that well the crow fills like a one person projectile, making the weapon way less effective than you sister halberd.To fix that make it a round Strike like you sister halberd, same CD same damage just spin around you character.
      Bloodhound and Bear pawn is in a good place there is nothing i would change here.

Infernal Scythe: reduce damage and CD to 15 sec.

Bear Pawn: Reduce damage and jump distance and cd to 20 sec.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Warliath: After even more gameplay around axes i found more data, soo i found something that might work better for the axes ().

• Why fo you want to change Battleaxe and carrioncaller? I agree carrioncaller E needs something. Why not add a small slow to it. So you have a little better chance to catch someone if you hit them with it. Battleaxe selfheal is pretty nice. A small speed buff might be good to make it more fun.

Relic Swords make ridiculous damage compared to Bear Paws, and axe should be the pure damage line... :huh:

Overall, good ideas!
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion | RP Master Thread?
    • Ravenar wrote:

Why fo you want to change Battleaxe and carrioncaller? I agree carrioncaller E needs something. Why not add a small slow to it. So you have a little better chance to catch someone if you hit them with it. Battleaxe selfheal is pretty nice. A small speed buff might be good to make it more fun.

Relic Swords make ridiculous damage compared to Bear Paws, and axe should be the pure damage line... :huh:

Overall, good ideas!
      Thx mate, i know the self heal looks good but i want something that i can use all the time like the halberd
    • Warliath wrote:

To start with all bleeding need to be a true damage. of course it need testing to be balanced but for real i think rending strikes with 16 true damage per stack good enough.

The halberd is a great weapon has a amazing reach in auto attacks and skills, pretty good damage and so far doesnt need any changes,

The battle axe is good in only one scenario: arenas as a assassin tool. As a change i suggest change the vampire slash for someting more fun: A Thrown bommerang like skill that hits twice and apply bleeding. Or maybe a thrown axe that hits an area of 5 meters and slow enemies by 30% if you reach the area before the enemies leave you deal damage again and snare for 1sec.

The greataxe is the greatest problem because he make the main core of axes harder and useless in a GvG and ZvZ scenario. Is a suicide weapon that doesnt make the risk worth by any means
      with a low damage and all the time you need to stop your spin in means to not lose your bleeding stacks so how you fix this? there is my suggestion first change the time spinning to 2.5 seconds, lower the CD to 15s keep the energy cost, but add something: every time you hits someone with bleeding stacks you reset the duration of the stacks.

Carrioncaller here is something thats is good on paper but doesnt work that well the crow fills like a one person projectile, making the weapon way less effective than you sister halberd.To fix that make it a round Strike like you sister halberd, same CD same damage just spin around you character.
      Bloodhound and Bear pawn is in a good place there is nothing i would change here.

Infernal Scythe: reduce damage and CD to 15 sec.

Bear Pawn: Reduce damage and jump distance and cd to 20 sec
      Hallberd : ok
      Battle axe : I think the concept of this weapon was the healing you recieve dealing your strike. The only moment i see a battle axe is simply for pve as it gives nothing to the table compared to every other axes. The boomerang concept you propose is nice but instead of applying bleed, i think healing x amount of hp to each person being hit save the main concept of the battle axe and gives reasons to use it in pvp. (also deleting this healing depending stacks of bleed you have on your ennemy. If i'm correct this is the only axe of the tree that has dmg/heal that scales of bleeding stacks)
      Greataxe : I whould let it the way it is but only add the 0.25s refresh on your bleeding debuffs per tick of Whirlwind and maybe an immunity to knockback / stuns.
      Carrioncaller : Tbh nothing to change, maybe the aoe wideness to feel less clunky (if it is)
      Infernal Scythe : Tbh nothing to change imo (maybe dmg for balance purpose)
      Bear Paws : Tbh nothing to change imo (maybe dmg for balance purpose)

Forget the true damage on bleeding. I think it's a bad idea even if you balance around it. To op against low hp/heavy armor stuff, balancing it to be okay and it makes it useless against the rest. Also the axe tree isn't the only one to have bleeding debuff on it, actually a lot of weapon has this and it's way to complicated to balance all thoses weapons.

Axes are the only one that has this concept about maintaining bleeding stacks to be efficient. The only thing that needs to be done is to make it easier to maintain thoses stacks (i don't know what axes main think about it, i gave an external opinion about the axe as i don't play much with this weapon, only GAxe for ganking)
    • Please don't touch axe line.
      I think it is fine as it is!
      There is no single item line that have all item usefull and good for everything.
      Halberd was nerfed soo many times already and it is in decent spot right now.
      Bearpaws is fine. DMG is okeish, and E can be used for defensive escape/ mobility which is very good.
      Carrioncaller is very good tho less consistent than halberd.
      Bleed mechanic is good as of now.
    • AcOrP wrote:

Please don't touch axe line.
      I think it is fine as it is!
      There is no single item line that have all item usefull and good for everything.
      Halberd was nerfed soo many times already and it is in decent spot right now.
      Bearpaws is fine. DMG is okeish, and E can be used for defensive escape/ mobility which is very good.
      Carrioncaller is very good tho less consistent than halberd.
      Bleed mechanic is good as of now.
      I know that for you axes are great but it are not for me.
      I wanted to play all the axes and i cant, because only 2 are viable and one is very hard to use with is: Halberd and greataxe.
      I wanted to play something different with axes but i cant and in most duels i feel overwelmed by the others melee Q skills, like swords with the speed burst, and lances with the dmg boost, and what i have an 18 dps bleed that i have to wait 6 sec to become a 54 bleed that is reduced by atleast 60%

Sorry but i cant feel happy about that bleeding
    • Warliath wrote:

I know that for you axes are great but it are not for me.I wanted to play all the axes and i cant, because only 2 are viable and one is very hard to use with is: Halberd and greataxe.
      I wanted to play something different with axes but i cant and in most duels i feel overwelmed by the others melee Q skills, like swords with the speed burst, and lances with the dmg boost, and what i have an 18 dps bleed that i have to wait 6 sec to become a 54 bleed that is reduced by atleast 60%

I mean what do you use on chest head boots cape? Might be your issues on why you do poorly in duels (btw duels is not that what defines the weapons btw)
    • Owlsane wrote:

Warliath wrote:

I know that for you axes are great but it are not for me.I wanted to play all the axes and i cant, because only 2 are viable and one is very hard to use with is: Halberd and greataxe.

I mean what do you use on chest head boots cape? Might be your issues on why you do poorly in duels (btw duels is not that what defines the weapons btw)

I used duels as a representation of a combat, I felt even as she ends up being inferior in damage when I was in arenas, but I usually wear mercenary/infernal vests, stalker hood, and gravekeeper boots.
    • Warliath wrote:

Guys please give me some feedback about it i realy want to discuss about it
      Batleaxe - great for solo. PVE or PVP. But solo has been killed off with release of HG and RDG... so its dead until solo RDG come out. Non Artifact = nothing special really.
      Greataxe - [higest DMG on the axe line? comparable to Blazing Staff?] great for PVE, can work well for PVP if you build your set around it to cover up the weakness of having an easily disruptable E. I.e - knight helm, etc... Non Artifact = nothing special really.
      Halberd - okay for PVE (kinda sucky, unless for solo PVE), lowest DMG for PVP - unless you do the cheesy Soldier Armor build, or come up with some other unique build. Non Artifact = nothing special really.
      Infernal Scythe - Good for PVP and PVE. Good DMG. Main perk - E is uninterruptible. Good at killing healers. Works in 5v5 or 2v2 or arenas. Artifact = costs more, and has better perks.
      Carrioncaller - Good for PVP. 5v5 or 2v2 or even solo. Amazing at killing healers. Works in Arenas too. Artifact = costs more, and has better perks.
      Bear Paws - Good for PVP and PVE. Expensive tho. Highest lvl of artifact. Top GvG choice by some top teams. 15m leap on E = best engage potential out of all axes. This is primarily a 5v5 or GvG weapon. Artifact = costs more, and has better perks.

Warliath wrote:

Maybe you need to git gud?

Warliath wrote:

I used duels as a representation of a combat,
      LOL. Thats a wrong way to look at it... unless you're dueling with a friend who will agree to use "real" gear, not city duel crap like giant boots, or something that costs millions, etc...

The post was edited 2 times, last by Captainrussia ().

• Captainrussia wrote:

Warliath wrote:

Maybe you need to git gud?

Warliath wrote:

I used duels as a representation of a combat,
      LOL. Thats a wrong way to look at it... unless you're dueling with a friend who will agree to use "real" gear, not city duel crap like giant boots, or something that costs millions, etc...

Thank you very much I really appreciate the feedback, except in the git gud part, if you cant say something that can not improve is better stay silent than say something that may be offensive. In the duel part I had not expressed myself the way I wanted it I only used it as a representation of PVP.
    • I'm genuinely doubting that you've spent a reasonable amount of time with these weapons based off these descriptions and your feedback. Bear paws is bugged, and has been bugged for a long time. The E on bear paws is very prone to going in different angles, making it kind of a headache option for GvG's. Greataxe is broken, If they added anymore damage to the greataxe, or refreshed bleeds- it would easily rank as the best melee weapon in game. I'll agree with the 1h axe, its bad. Really bad. Infernal Scythe is fine where it's at. a Hellion jacket/scythe user is nearly impossible to 1v1, you can even comfortably 1v2 in most cases. Carrion Caller E needs to be wider. The healing reductions from Axe stack. Bleeds, battle rush, and the crow can all stack- nearly making heals non-existent. Problem is, its slow, and predictable.

Halberd is strong, I really think though, that when you E with halberd- it should take a bleed stack from EVERYONE and spread it. ie. you Q once (hits three people), E (pulls one stack off each target and applies on all (3 stacks from one Q+E combo on three+ targets)
    • jwhite179 wrote:

twitch.tv/videos/413616971

clips.twitch.tv/ElatedPerfectPotPermaSmug

You'll notice, the greataxe damage is for one, higher than a blazing. Two, mobile source of damage. Once zerg buffed- it deletes people.
      don't forget about the terminator, sadly you can throw facts at many players, but when they want something change, it doesn't matter how many you throw at them they will find away to skip around it and make their point be heard, which is no problem since we already have enough proof of how good they are ^,^...

On first video would the specter chest beat a specter hood stalker jacket combo?

on the second vid, jesus christ no wonder player are using specter on almost everything... kinda nasty with axe though, spin aoe plus specter aoe, can only imagen a mortal agony on it..
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs