Cap zones to have 150 per alliance

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Cap zones to have 150 per alliance

      I don't know how many times I've been in a situation where 2 alliances have zone capped two separate zones and they can't fight each other because they'll get out numbered normally like 200-300 to 30-80 if they try to zone their men through or it''s not even possible to get anyone in. So, if you capped it per alliance (lets say 150 per alliance) and both alliances knew that it would be pretty much an even fight I feel like this could really help balance Zerg vs Zerg and get people to enjoy the core game content they're being denied daily because at the end of the day if people aren't fighting or they get a 250 men to 50 men fight they'll eventually lose interest. This means less gear is being destroyed which leads to low prices of gear because it's not in demand and then crafting and gathering isn't as profitable and people will probably buy less gold if they aren't fighting because no gear needs to be replaced. Enable us to fight these massive wars! I can't really see a downfall to this other than maybe reset day player numbers. Please let me know what you guys think!

      P.S. if you think capping a zone with your alliance is strategic you are correct but I mean come on dude it isn't helping the game in the long run and no one fames for hours and hours to go stand all day at a warcamp in their shiny white armor with all their buddies.

      Edit: I have been in the top ZvZ guilds for nearly 2 years now and I think with the increase of players it is absolutely necessary to make this change.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Nah ().

    • ViLEuo wrote:

      Personally I wouldn't mind a 100ish man cap on alliance members entering zones but all the huge alliances will cry like babies because they can't simply overwhelm with numbers.

      The way the game is currently it cannot handle these huge fights and its causing major problems.
      I literally just talked to leader of the of one of the biggest alliances in game before I posted this and his exact words were "I wish"
      Also, there is no way around these huge fights with the way current alliance sizes are setup, they're bound to happen

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Nah ().

    • Zbrkesbris wrote:

      The problem with artificial limitations per group of people is that they are easily circumvented by creating several allied groups. A limit of 100? Just fill zone with 3 full groups. Communications happen outside the game anyway so its just minor inconvenience.
      That's indeed the reason why we are quite sure that such a measure would not work in practice.

      We will be introducing a revised cluster queue in the near future though. The feature is designed such that it will no longer be possible to clog up a zone. The basic idea is that if a zone gets close to its cap, players with the lowest average IP will get ejected from the zone after some time if players with a higher average IP want to join.

      Also, improving the game's performance is right now our #1 priority. Once more and more of our measures kick in, we might be able to raise the zone cap again which will also help with this problem.
    • Zbrkesbris wrote:

      The problem with artificial limitations per group of people is that they are easily circumvented by creating several allied groups. A limit of 100? Just fill zone with 3 full groups. Communications happen outside the game anyway so its just minor inconvenience.

      Korn wrote:

      Zbrkesbris wrote:



      The problem with artificial limitations per group of people is that they are easily circumvented by creating several allied groups. A limit of 100? Just fill zone with 3 full groups. Communications happen outside the game anyway so its just minor inconvenience.
      That's indeed the reason why we are quite sure that such a measure would not work in practice.
      We will be introducing a revised cluster queue in the near future though. The feature is designed such that it will no longer be possible to clog up a zone. The basic idea is that if a zone gets close to its cap, players with the lowest average IP will get ejected from the zone after some time if players with a higher average IP want to join.

      Also, improving the game's performance is right now our #1 priority. Once more and more of our measures kick in, we might be able to raise the zone cap again which will also help with this problem.
      I can see your point but I feel like that could be completely negated by the limitations on joining an alliance and guild. I know because in blue army once those limitations for guild were set in it made it too hard to do other things like reset home to a separate black zone continent by joining other guilds/ alliances and regardless the two 'allied' groups couldn't fight together purely based off the idea that they both appear red to each other creating extreme difficulties and huge risks of accidentally wiping there own alliance IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. Also, in years of fights i have never seen anyone even with the most outside game communication able to pull that off. Especially if there was a third '100' man group running around and on top of that after capping that zone with 3 different 'allied' alliances it would create a nightmare outside of that zone and specific time period the alliances were created for, fame farmers would eventually attack each other and people would get ganked from the same alliance, and drama would bound to unfold. I strongly disagree with people being able to uphold that kind of counter measure. People aren't as calculated as you think especially since a lot of alliances are multi cultural and often times have serious language barriers. But I do recognize that Korn probably knows something I don't (I would love to hear how you're so sure it wouldn't work). but based off my point of view and experience i just cannot see how that is possible to pull off after seeing it fail countless time and time again. I appreciate your response and respect your opinion.

      I also agree that game's performance is #1 right now and think that could definitely be the ultimate solution to this problem. I'm not entirely sure how an IP limitation would really help as i feel like it would be overpowered for people like us in blue army since we generally show up with the best gear regardless and have the highest spec on average so if we showed up first it would deny entree of our opponent. I feel like that only works if you assume the stronger guild shows up second. Once again I appreciate your response and input and respect your opinion.
    • Korn wrote:


      We will be introducing a revised cluster queue in the near future though. The feature is designed such that it will no longer be possible to clog up a zone. The basic idea is that if a zone gets close to its cap, players with the lowest average IP will get ejected from the zone after some time if players with a higher average IP want to join.
      @Korn

      I assume you were drunk writing this, I have no other explanation..



      I propose to attach this idea to the next falcon heavy mission's cargo and hope it will never return.

      I hope you guys realize IP <> role <> player ?? If you start ejecting players out of cluster randomly, we (zvz players), can already uninstall the game and light a candle.
      ZvZ works fine now, just STOP DOING STUPID SHIT AGAIN. Deal with overgrown communities instead, which would solve many issues including technical barriers xX
      Leave the game mechanics as they are now !!
    • The devs need to do something about alliances. There is a whole thread about this, been out for a while and devs still havent done anything.

      I like your idea, But 100 cap per alliance per zone would actually be the best. This has to be implemented, mega alliances never fight fair. And when they are forced to play fair, they cry.
    • Korn wrote:

      We will be introducing a revised cluster queue in the near future though. The feature is designed such that it will no longer be possible to clog up a zone. The basic idea is that if a zone gets close to its cap, players with the lowest average IP will get ejected from the zone after some time if players with a higher average IP want to join.
      This means that the alliance with the most amount of money will have an unfair advantage, because they could just arm their members with high tier gear rising the item power.so that their members can join then fight, making the system kick the enemy who will probabily be wearing cheaper gear.

      Maybe you guys could use the average item power of the entire alliance with the less amount of member in the area and instead of kicking the players with the lowest average item power, kick the players that deviate too much from the average item power of the alliance with less members in the area.

      For example, If the alliance with the lowest amount of members has an average item power of 1000, then the players that go 200 below and 200 above that item power gets kicked when a player that is closer to the average item power joins.

      This will prevent more advantages for the alliance with more money/members and give a very much needed advantage to the alliance that has the lower numbers

      Having good performance means nothing if the game becomes unfair. You cannot trade one for the other, you guys need to work with performance while keeping balance.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Holoin ().

    • Korn wrote:

      We will be introducing a revised cluster queue in the near future though. The feature is designed such that it will no longer be possible to clog up a zone. The basic idea is that if a zone gets close to its cap, players with the lowest average IP will get ejected from the zone after some time if players with a higher average IP want to join.
      .... I'm assuming there must be other safeguards for that to happen... Otherwise if people felt like being a jerk couldn't they just gather up a bunch of people, fill the zones next to towns to the cap and then prevent people from ever leaving town?