[25.04] Server Performance: Status Update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I am fascinated by server technology, would be interested to know more about how the server works.

Namely, I am curious if the every cluster is its own server? This should make load-balancing very trivial i.e. low-populated clusters could use cheaper hardware, or even take work off of other compute servers.

Anyways, I hope the devs can do more of this type of content.

Cheers!
  • Dear Devs,

What is the problem with the servers?
    I tell you try to go for a chest in blackzone and try to not get killed by desyncd players.
    And also I am a dev and if the devs have some questions about server techs that would be very great for this problem text me!

Sincerly, Sipos Attila
  • Alkarine wrote:

Namely, I am curious if the every cluster is its own server? This should make load-balancing very trivial i.e. low-populated clusters could use cheaper hardware, or even take work off of other compute servers.
    Not every cluster is its own physical server (many clusters have such low activity that a single machine can handle a large number of them), but in the most extreme case one cluster can be handled by one server. Unfortunately there is no way to scale further with hardware at this time.