[25.04] Server Performance: Status Update

  • MissBehave wrote:

    It sounds like you are using a unicast type logic. Does your network stack/game engine/game logic allow the concept of multicast? Essentially with this method, as a player zones in they "subscribe" to game messaging occurring in that zone. A player performs an activity such as an AoE. This would have a target location with an impacted area. The game engine would decide who is impacted and how, then package that in to a multicast message that all clients would receive, but that message would include a client id list and only clients in that list would process the message.
    Someone that actually knows what he is talking about!

    Either way, if it really was their badly programmed concept, the allocation of ports, could be solved with simple a load balancing.
  • So the problem is programming related (badly network programming optimized)... I hope you guys find the solution that you want and make the game great! Sometimes a software need more time in debugging than developing a new feature, i can understand that and i can wait :)

    (But you guys have to fix it as fast as you can because a bug in internal testing has less impact than in public release, you lose money and reputation everyday because of this lag. I am pretty sure that you know it very well)
  • Shaidor wrote:

    So the problem is programming related (badly network programming optimized)... I hope you guys find the solution that you want and make the game great! Sometimes a software need more time in debugging than developing a new feature, i can understand that and i can wait :)

    (But you guys have to fix it as fast as you can because a bug in internal testing has less impact than in public release, you lose money and reputation everyday because of this lag. I am pretty sure that you know it very well)

    They have been.. for the past 2 years.. 100k to barely 5k players. with Steam release, + 10k.. and decreasing every day in a rapid pace.
  • Midgard wrote:

    VirtualDreams wrote:

    They have been.. for the past 2 years.. 100k to barely 5k players. with Steam release, + 10k
    If you're going to quote numbers, you need to make sure they are accurate. Yours aren't.
    You are right, 560 days +-, they aren't really 2 years, almost. Does it make you happy the accuracy now? To be more precise:
    11/13/17, 9:00 PMUPGRADE STARTER PACK VETERAN-EPIC

    If you are about the concurrent players, there is a website that is called steamcharts (steamcharts.com/app/761890) where you can see the concurrent players to Albion, via Steam. Those are pretty accurate.

    PS: I was wrong, it is not 100k, its 250k! (massivelyop.com/2017/07/17/alb…fficially-launches-today/)

    The post was edited 2 times, last by VirtualDreams: correcting 4x! ().

  • MissBehave wrote:

    It sounds like you are using a unicast type logic. Does your network stack/game engine/game logic allow the concept of multicast? Essentially with this method, as a player zones in they "subscribe" to game messaging occurring in that zone. A player performs an activity such as an AoE. This would have a target location with an impacted area. The game engine would decide who is impacted and how, then package that in to a multicast message that all clients would receive, but that message would include a client id list and only clients in that list would process the message.
    So I read through the Post and me as someone who has no fucking clue about how servers work it did gave me all a good understanding I have some Question plain for intrest.

    So I understand that 1 aspect of a engine concept is, that it packadges the messages in bundels so it can handle those "large" numbers more easy? Also does the fact go into account that some of those messages need "longer" to travel then others? So i mean that in those large numbers players of all sort of countrys play together and basicly every message gets back/forth in to big of a time? I mean ifd everyone would play in the same "distance" (such as 20-60ms) and others play with 200 ms that those time differences are to big and to different ? basicly you have to cover the full range from 20ms-300ms in a full scale fight?

    This is clearly also comming from me in the hopes you guys will set up EU servers soon. I mean I can properly walk to your headquaters from my home and still have to play on american servers xD.

    Actually I do not mind the ping to much but I was thinking if that also could have to do something with that problem of OP.

    Kind regards,
    KornerCurt
  • Midgard wrote:

    VirtualDreams wrote:

    omega LuL I edited the post, go read it
    And you do realise the steam charts dont give the full picture. The devs themselves have stated that the new player count has been way in excess of 10k. And the numbers never dropped as low as 5k pre F2P.
    Let us say for a second I can believe in you in here, where are your numbers? I am showing numbers, correct ones known to public. Do show me yours please.

    Those charts, are pretty accurate on Steam numbers. So yeah, Just +10k players from steam made the instability, so if they had more .. like.. almost 2 years ago.. this is a repeating scene... I mean, you are as old or more then me in this game right?
  • VirtualDreams wrote:

    Those charts, are pretty accurate on Steam numbers. So yeah, Just +10k players from steam made the instability, so if they had more .. like.. almost 2 years ago.. this is a repeating scene... I mean, you are as old or more then me in this game right?
    breaking news ... a SIGNIFICANT number of players who came into albion on F2P were ex players from beta, release and beyond. Pretty much all of these players will not show on your steam charts as they purchased the game direct from SBI

    . SBI have shown that pre- F2P players were well above 10k per day (not the 5k you state) and that F2P tripled those numbers (ie around 30k total, not the 10k additionalyou stated).

    To sum up .. you were wrong on ALL of your player estimates.
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Eltharyon wrote:

    What is the problem?

    In short, the problem is that players involved in large fights experience severe ‘lag’.

    The OP must be from a different game.

    Should we not be discussing Albion Online, where, at this very moment, I am having lag while doing my personal island and I cannot read my market messages? During these past days I had lag while dungeon diving, solo expedition, group expedition, small group open world fights, some of my crops temporarily disappeared, some of my chest items temporarily disappeared, one of my guild mates died in an open world fight because his name tag and hit points disappeared, I got randomly kicked from the game several times, the game was restarted several times because it was failing...

    So, SBI, what the heck are you talking about? The problem is that much bigger than that, and it is simply disgraceful that you did not come forward to assume your full responsibility. Severe lag is what everybody has been experiencing everywhere. And, in large fights the game completely FAILS TO RESPOND and becomes UNPLAYABLE!

    Imo, you, SBI, should be feeling devastated by what your players have been going through, and even if you are, your words certainly fail to show it.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by SevenLights ().

  • SevenLights wrote:

    Eltharyon wrote:

    What is the problem?

    In short, the problem is that players involved in large fights experience severe ‘lag’.
    The OP must be from a different game.

    Should we not be discussing Albion Online, where, at this very moment, I am having lag while doing my personal island and I cannot read my market messages? During these past days I had lag while dungeon diving, solo expedition, group expedition, small group open world fights, some of my crops temporarily disappeared, some of my chest items temporarily disappeared, one of my guild mates died in an open world fight because his name tag and hit points disappeared, I got randomly kicked from the game several times, the game was restarted several times because it was failing...

    So, SBI, what the heck are you talking about? The problem is that much bigger than that, and it is simply disgraceful that you did not come forward to assume your full responsibility. Severe lag is what everybody has been experiencing everywhere. And, in large fights the game completely FAILS TO RESPOND and becomes UNPLAYABLE!

    Imo, you, SBI, should be feeling devastated by what your players have been going through, and even if you are, your words certainly fail to show it.
    I agree 100%. I experience problems not only in big fights or crowded nodes and cities but also on private island, guild islands and in some dungeons too. My FPS are on point and ping doesn't go above 130. It needs to be handled or Albion will start losing players... Well it is losing them at the moment obviously.