Forced PVP Can Really suck...

• Forneus wrote:

iWoE wrote:

tl;dr: game throws beginners in with experienced players and just says "fk it"
      Damn, almost sounds like a hardcore pvp mmo to me. Where do i sign up?
      albiononline.com/en/news
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
    • Game is very simple, you can gather in blue or yellow but with safety comes less reward.

If you wish to travel to red or black then your reward will be higher, why shouldn't your risk?

I really cannot understand why people on games expect full immunity, same rubbish that has been said on Eve Online for over 10 years.
    • Player112 wrote:

Tycho wrote:

There is T4 and T5 in pk zones as well, but they are also in safe zones. T6+ is not in safe zones
      Definition of safe zone could be different for different people. Are there t4, t5 in blue zones?
      Safe zone definitions will never change, no matter the person. In albion, safe means that you wont die. You do not die in yellow zones, so yellow zones are considered safe. And they are, as it is extremely rare to get attacked in yellow zones unless you enter the unrestricted pvp zone or flag for faction. So yea, there are T4-T5 in safe zones.

I even consider redzone pretty safe, cause if you know what you are doing, you will never get killed in redzones.
    • Holoin wrote:

Safe zone definitions will never change, no matter the person. In albion, safe means that you wont die. You do not die in yellow zones, so yellow zones are considered safe. And they are, as it is extremely rare to get attacked in yellow zones unless you enter the unrestricted pvp zone or flag for faction. So yea, there are T4-T5 in safe zones.
      I even consider redzone pretty safe, cause if you know what you are doing, you will never get killed in redzones.
      Never been to yellow zone, too risky for me.

I don't even feel safe while not connected to the game. Why, I got ganked right here in this forum only the other day and lost an estimated 10 mil silver value in total. I had a taste of the authentic "toxic"-ness this game is known for.

I will gather t4/t5 from the market instead.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Player112 ().

• Player112 wrote:

I don't even feel safe while not connected to the game. Why, I got ganked right here in this forum only the other day and lost an estimated 10 mil silver value in total. I had a taste of the authentic "toxic"-ness this game is known for.

:P
    • Player112 wrote:

Holoin wrote:

You can gather t4 in blue zones, there are t4 blue zones.

How can anyone playing the game ask if there are t4 blue zones?

Yellow zones are like blue zones but players can attack if they flag. You get knocked out and keep your stuff, just like can happen in a blue zone to mobs. You have to be extremely risk averse to be unwilling to go in a yellow zone.

The game needs no more safety nets. It doesn’t need higher tier resources in safe zones; that would devalue higher tier zones where your reward for acquiring those resources is the risk you put yourself in.
    • Uhwop wrote:

You can gather t4 in blue zones, there are t4 blue zones.
      How can anyone playing the game ask if there are t4 blue zones?

Yellow zones are like blue zones but players can attack if they flag. You get knocked out and keep your stuff, just like can happen in a blue zone to mobs. You have to be extremely risk averse to be unwilling to go in a yellow zone.

The game needs no more safety nets. It doesn’t need higher tier resources in safe zones; that would devalue higher tier zones where your reward for acquiring those resources is the risk you put yourself in.
      I am extremely risk averse. This is why I am a couple of 100k fame away from t8 and still have never seen a yellow zone before. Any tips on where the t4/t5 blue zones are?
    • I made a small guide on how to get started as a new player and your best bet on survival in the black zone, hope it helps.

Part I Making Money

1. Unlock everything in the destiny board up to journeyman. (don't use learning points)
      2. Choose a gathering profession you wanna specialize in (use your learning points on your profession when you can)
      3. Find a good spot and start gathering tier 4 materials (travelling more then one zone away from your city is always a good idea)
      4. Sell your materials on the market (check the prices in other cities)
      5. Get yourself 1 month premium (premium will also drastically improve your overall game experience)
      6. Buy a personal island
      7. Buy or gather tier 2 stone and start building houses (we are gonna use those for our laborers)
      8. Set up laborers of your profession in your houses together with 2 beds and 1 table per house (the furniture needs to be the same level as your house)
      9. Buy trophy or gathering journals at your laborers and fill those by gathering the materials of your main profession (trophies together with furniture will increase your laborers happiness and thus their gathering yield)
      10. Try to send them on missions as much as you can
      11. Set up a farm and a pasture, buy some carrot seeds and a tier 3 horse (not the mount) start growing carrots and start breeding horses (i would advice using your focus on both the horses and carrots for a higher return rate)
      12. Use your carrots to feed the horses and sell the horses on the market or use them yourself (you will have to turn the horses into mounts at a saddler)
      13. Keep selling your materials and horses and when you have enough cash spend it on improving your island, your houses and buying and selling better horses

Part II Leveling

1. Unlock the following: Cloth Cowl Fighter, Cloth Robe Fighter, Cloth Sandals Fighter, Torch Fighter, Dagger Fighter, Bow Fighter, Leather Jacket Fighter, Plate Helmet Fighter and Plate Boots Fighter.
      2. Now it is up to you what you wanna do use one of my relatively cheap builds to go fame farm, gather or gank until you made enough money to afford losing better armor.

Part III Gathering

1. Obtain a full set of gathering gear, a bloodletter and mistcaller (don't forget your bag and cape)
      2. Use the following skills on your gathering gear: Block, Ambush, Flee.
      3. Use the following skills on your bloodletter: Sunder Armor, Dash, Lunging Stabs.
      4. Use one the following mounts: Stag, armored horse.
      5. Go into the red or black zone to get those tier 5 and higher materials.
      6. Never go overweighted in the red or black zone.

Part IV What to do when I get ganked?

1. When you see a red name on the corner of your screen, try to mount up instantly no matter what you're doing
      2. When you can't get on your mount anymore use your block or flee (depends on the situation)
      3. Check for a good route to the nearest portal exit (map knowledge helps a lot)
      4. After you used your flee and or block you wanna use dash and lunging stabs right after to get distance off the gankers.
      5. Use your ambush when they are close, stay invisible as long as possible so you're close to having your skills up again.
      5. Use the above mentioned skills as soon as they are off cooldown until your at the portal (never attack your ganker because you wont be able to go through the portal)
      6. Mount up right after the portal (when you still have your shield)

Part V Builds

FF and ZVZ

Knight Helmet, Cleric Robe, Scholar Sandals, Longbow

Ganking

Mage Cowl, Assassin Jacket, Soldier Boots, Claws

Gathering

Gathering Gear, Bloodletter, Mistcaller

The post was edited 2 times, last by Strenght ().

• Copied and screenshotted. Thanks.

And I run the BL/MC build right now just fending off the mobs and skinning, and I plan to run mage cowl, assassin jacket, but I think the hunter or mercenary boots or something gave me a more attractive ability maybe. I've looked at a few builds around the bloodletter and it's the way I always played most PvP in older game.

By building the bloodletter I also build the dagger tree that still builds my non-spec ability with the claws. But why use claws when you can use deathgivers when you've already built the spec tree for artifact daggers with the bloodletter? Just because they DGs are pricier and you don't want to lose them as often?

I'd like to build up an artifact shield skill to be able to have a better 1v2/1v3 build available, but leveling the artifact stuff takes so much more fame and I'm already building artifact torch as the off hand.
      1.23.40b patch UO Feluccian from Minoc, Pacifica.

The post was edited 4 times, last by TheArimatheus ().

• Player112 wrote:

Never mind. I have taken look around and think the market is efficient enough to price things roughly right. So, I'll gather t4+ from the market.
      You can gather t4 in blue zones. There are even blue zones with t4 resource crop areas that spawn high numbers of resources.

If you’re playing the game you can open your map and see them all around royal cities.

You’re trolling by pretending to be unaware of t4 blue zones. It’s unnecessary.