Forced PVP Can Really suck...

    • RottenH20 wrote:

      assassinBK wrote:

      Tempei wrote:

      @assassinBK I personally gank with 2-3 people to maximize kill success rate, I will gladly gank by myself if i could but solo ganking is only possible if the victim makes a huge mistake or runs away instead of fighting you when you bursted everything knocking/chasing down his mount, hugely hard to solo gank, you can see in every solo pking video ,either the guy who gets killed isn' paying attention or doesn't know what he is capable of.You make solo ganking possible, then you will see less ganking teams, we only gank for the money , and sharing with no one else is a huge bonus.
      Thx for explaning but still 3/4 vs 1 its not game but its shame.You said that you play like dishonorable shit because you don't have choice. You are wrong.You play like dishonorable shit because you choice play like this, because its easy. Its only your choice and only your responsibility so don't try explaining this.
      Many games go to sports competition. Many players like challenge, love win with honorable fight.
      Devs for some loosers make this game. This loosers have chance fill like bosses.
      Ganking is for small weenie who want fill that is the best.

      Do you want challange. Go fight in GvG teams if you are enough good. Take your friends and go make some ZvZ. But what will be easiest than kill alone getherer together with 2-3 other morons.
      Look on your avatar "Heroes"? What a joke.
      I like to see people complain though. Trust me when I see a FUCKING EGO and I kill them I will literally taunt them. I actually wanted to be able to dance in combat so I could 4 stack e with 1 hand curse and start dancing but they didn’t add that :(
      Most people would say im a asshole

      Also work on your English. Some things I don’t know what you are typing

      Also I do solo PvP
      So you're just an asshole? Good to know. At least you have the decency to admit it to everyone.

      You think it's cool to kill beginners who can't fight back? And on top of that you want to add insult to injury by trying to dance.

      I'm sure you're the kind of person in real life that punches infants and tells them to "git good" because why wouldn't you?
    • Holoin wrote:

      The thing is this is a pvp game. If you dont pvp, then atleast you have to expect to be killed.
      Yes guides tell noobs that blackzones give more rewards, but it also very clearly tell that is dangerous. All guide I have seen so far says the same thing. For some reason new players only read up to where it says "more rewards" and dont read where it says "it's dangerous".

      Its not the games fault that noobs cant read, and its not the games fault that noobs dont read the huge warning that you get when entering into a blackzone.

      The game already gives one big warning. Again, noobs simply dont know how to read.
      You realize, the game only gives you minimal information about the zones right? If you just read the warning popups, all you know about red, yellow and black zones are "wow, people can kill me here". That's literally ALL the information you get on the zones from the game.

      The game tells you jack about what the traits of each zone is and how you should stay safe in them. Would you expect a player who just did the tutorial, maybe read a single guide or two and saw the warning popup of the zones to realize that you should be constantly opening the MASSIVE ass zone map that covers up your entire screen in red zones to check for hostile players especially when the advise people give is "keep your eyes out for red names on your screen"? It's counter-intuitive at best and will easily screw new players over.

      Heck, the game doesn't even tell you that you should be keeping the names on in red/black zones because you KNOW for a fact that most people will probably turn the names off in the settings after they start due to the massive clusterfuck of names in towns.

      The game doesn't even tell you that people with red names are the dangerous ones in red zones while people with blue names are fine. People who've played MMOs will probably just assume "omg, free pvp area (because the game doesn't tell you that people have to mark themselves to pk in red zones) so avoid EVERYONE. Red names are probably people who have pk'd already whereas blue names are people who have not pk'd yet"

      The game basically forces players into red zones after a week of playing (because that's where all the mats and mobs of their level are) while dropping minimum information on them and just assuming that they'll figure it out over time all while experienced players take advantage of the fact that inexperienced players are walking loot pinatas. I'm fine with games that let players figure out what to do by themselves but if that's the case then leave the experienced players out. You can't have experienced players abusing the fact that they're more experienced than the new players while also just letting the new players figure everything out themselves.

      Edit:

      Tempei wrote:

      @iWoELook, Redzone is fine as it is, we gankers get reputation loss if we attack players in a redzone who are flagged as friendly, we lose even more if we gank them with ridiculous numbers which will eventually stop us from entering red zones at all.There is a item power cap i believe in red zones so people cant roll with t8.3 and wreck havoc,( Edit:False info)so there shouldn't be a buff for players in red zones who don't wanna fight.The perks of not fighting back is being able to zone through maps, and that is a strong perk.

      I think you misunderstood something, I wanted a buff for those who didn't want to fight those at a significantly higher level then them. At this point, there's not much stopping high level players from just running around lower level maps murdering any new players they meet. The damage/cc reduction buff would only stop those who are significantly stronger than their targets from brutalizing new players.

      I'm not saying gankers should be unable to pk targets, but so they can only pick on people their own size (or rather strength). If you want to gank new players then do it with a new character. There's no reason to let experienced pkers just brutalize new players like this. It's not profitable for the pker (beginners don't really have good loot) and it's just downright discouraging for new players. The only thing it does it satisfy the cravings of assholes like RottenH20 who apparently just enjoy the thrill of being a sadist and making the lives of beginners worse.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by iWoE ().

    • I laught so hard when some players call gankers dishonorable and say that they only want the easy way.

      Im sure none of these guys has ever ganked because if they did, they would learn how hard it is to gank or to profit with ganking.

      Most gankers barely recieve any profits at all. Maybe a few 100k for the tier 4 gear they get. . If gankers want to profit, they need to go for players with good gear and those players are mostly other gankers.

      "OH but Holoin, if the take out a gatherer they get their resources"

      Well, the thing is, the gatherers that contain the good resources (T6 or more) are very hard to kill because they know how to evade gankers.

      So, I think you guys should stop crying. The devs gave gatherers the advantage.
    • Holoin wrote:

      I laught so hard when some players call gankers dishonorable and say that they only want the easy way.

      Im sure none of these guys has ever ganked because if they did, they would learn how hard it is to gank or to profit with ganking.

      Most gankers barely recieve any profits at all. Maybe a few 100k for the tier 4 gear they get. . If gankers want to profit, they need to go for players with good gear and those players are mostly other gankers.

      "OH but Holoin, if the take out a gatherer they get their resources"

      Well, the thing is, the gatherers that contain the good resources (T6 or more) are very hard to kill because they know how to evade gankers.

      So, I think you guys should stop crying. The devs gave gatherers the advantage.
      ....Did you actually just try to victim-blame beginners for not having anything of value?

      "It's fine to go and kill beginners in their t4 gear because they're broke"

      Seriously?
    • The game mechanics are all fine and dandy, forced pvp is cool, but you guys are missing a crucial point, this come from a new player point of view that played similar games such as Lineage 2 for years.

      The F2P release should have come with a new server, period.

      You have alliances of 4k players playing since beta, with billions of silvers and material that can basically die 100 times per day for a year and not give a damn about it, owning majority of the territories, farming zone and dictating the flow of the market at will.
      And you mixed them with new players, In this kind of game... Are you for real?

      The game is already established, the only hope for a new player is to either join one of the 4 or 5 major guild as a slave (But they don't need you), or to build up a new guild and join one of the 2 or 3 major alliances as a slave.

      You could theoretically try your luck with small content if you manage to get a minimum of 10 to 20 nolifers and gold buyers to form a very tight group but even if you do that, you are bound to bow to numbers at some point.
      Yes you will take a territory once, but next time instead of 10 vs 20 it will be 10 vs 40. And while you could be more skilled then them and pull some "THIS IS SPARTA" moment, you don't have access to the same amount of resources they do; If you didn't notice yet, the Albion online order of importance is the following:

      1st Resources
      2nd Numbers
      3rd Politics
      4th Skills


      There are too many walls made by the age of this server that new players will never wreck, and it's not a question of git gud and stupid arguments like those, new players simply can't do much with the current political status of the server, we better accept that and take it really easy, after all, it's a trap.

      We are naked and unarmed, fighting a pack of hyenas.
    • iWoE wrote:

      RottenH20 wrote:

      assassinBK wrote:

      Tempei wrote:

      @assassinBK I personally gank with 2-3 people to maximize kill success rate, I will gladly gank by myself if i could but solo ganking is only possible if the victim makes a huge mistake or runs away instead of fighting you when you bursted everything knocking/chasing down his mount, hugely hard to solo gank, you can see in every solo pking video ,either the guy who gets killed isn' paying attention or doesn't know what he is capable of.You make solo ganking possible, then you will see less ganking teams, we only gank for the money , and sharing with no one else is a huge bonus.
      Thx for explaning but still 3/4 vs 1 its not game but its shame.You said that you play like dishonorable shit because you don't have choice. You are wrong.You play like dishonorable shit because you choice play like this, because its easy. Its only your choice and only your responsibility so don't try explaining this.Many games go to sports competition. Many players like challenge, love win with honorable fight.
      Devs for some loosers make this game. This loosers have chance fill like bosses.
      Ganking is for small weenie who want fill that is the best.

      Do you want challange. Go fight in GvG teams if you are enough good. Take your friends and go make some ZvZ. But what will be easiest than kill alone getherer together with 2-3 other morons.
      Look on your avatar "Heroes"? What a joke.
      I like to see people complain though. Trust me when I see a FUCKING EGO and I kill them I will literally taunt them. I actually wanted to be able to dance in combat so I could 4 stack e with 1 hand curse and start dancing but they didn’t add that :( Most people would say im a asshole

      Also work on your English. Some things I don’t know what you are typing

      Also I do solo PvP
      So you're just an asshole? Good to know. At least you have the decency to admit it to everyone.
      You think it's cool to kill beginners who can't fight back? And on top of that you want to add insult to injury by trying to dance.

      I'm sure you're the kind of person in real life that punches infants and tells them to "git good" because why wouldn't you?
      i kill people who are begginers exspecially if they have a donkey, because in the end i am helping them out, teaching them there is no special treatment here in the black zone, kill them now with t2 gear before they come back with gear thats worth something.Dont spoil the begginers by not killing them,you are doing them a de-service.Ive learned so much getting my ass handed to me,and im thankful for it, ive learned what not to wear in a black zone.
    • iWoE wrote:

      RottenH20 wrote:

      assassinBK wrote:

      Tempei wrote:

      @assassinBK I personally gank with 2-3 people to maximize kill success rate, I will gladly gank by myself if i could but solo ganking is only possible if the victim makes a huge mistake or runs away instead of fighting you when you bursted everything knocking/chasing down his mount, hugely hard to solo gank, you can see in every solo pking video ,either the guy who gets killed isn' paying attention or doesn't know what he is capable of.You make solo ganking possible, then you will see less ganking teams, we only gank for the money , and sharing with no one else is a huge bonus.
      Thx for explaning but still 3/4 vs 1 its not game but its shame.You said that you play like dishonorable shit because you don't have choice. You are wrong.You play like dishonorable shit because you choice play like this, because its easy. Its only your choice and only your responsibility so don't try explaining this.Many games go to sports competition. Many players like challenge, love win with honorable fight.
      Devs for some loosers make this game. This loosers have chance fill like bosses.
      Ganking is for small weenie who want fill that is the best.

      Do you want challange. Go fight in GvG teams if you are enough good. Take your friends and go make some ZvZ. But what will be easiest than kill alone getherer together with 2-3 other morons.
      Look on your avatar "Heroes"? What a joke.
      I like to see people complain though. Trust me when I see a FUCKING EGO and I kill them I will literally taunt them. I actually wanted to be able to dance in combat so I could 4 stack e with 1 hand curse and start dancing but they didn’t add that :( Most people would say im a asshole

      Also work on your English. Some things I don’t know what you are typing

      Also I do solo PvP
      So you're just an asshole? Good to know. At least you have the decency to admit it to everyone.
      You think it's cool to kill beginners who can't fight back? And on top of that you want to add insult to injury by trying to dance.

      I'm sure you're the kind of person in real life that punches infants and tells them to "git good" because why wouldn't you?
      I mean yeah? Like who knows I killed a new player 2 days ago and got some mad loot. New players think you need to wear the same gear all together. (Ex. Full cultist set)

      Also how do you compare a video game to real life.

      If their is 0 punishment to kill a beginner I’m doing it. Never know what they can have on them.

      Just teaching them that blackzone is not the place to go yet. And sure I can type it to them, but I want to make sure they remember. ;)
      I’m toxic
    • There is no discrimination in the PvP zones. You venture out there and whether you are a 5 year vet dating back to early beta, or a fresh off the boat newbie you are all treated the same ..,everyone is fair game and has a target on their back.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Quote from a friend of mine "When you venture to black zone considered your gear already gone"

      I saw a video of hero to zero sending noobies to black zone.. Well, now you get to learn what coming to ya when you reach what suppose to be end game [black zone]

      When I enter black zone, any gear i bring i already lost, and it's the reason why i bought 2-3 set and would probably need to buy more.

      There is no discrimination, you can be naked, you can have t2 t3 t4, they will kill on sight, it is like playing rust. "hi im friendly" BANG... YOINK!!!...

      Back then people were also slick, bringing t4 gear thinking [the ganker] they had nothing, until they died and said, the son of a gun had alot of good loot on himXD.. Now no one is safe..

      To anyone who venture to black zone considered that gear gone, that the mentality you need to have, To venture redzone i would say the same, even though is easier to escape.
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
    • iWoE wrote:

      Holoin wrote:

      I laught so hard when some players call gankers dishonorable and say that they only want the easy way.

      Im sure none of these guys has ever ganked because if they did, they would learn how hard it is to gank or to profit with ganking.

      Most gankers barely recieve any profits at all. Maybe a few 100k for the tier 4 gear they get. . If gankers want to profit, they need to go for players with good gear and those players are mostly other gankers.

      "OH but Holoin, if the take out a gatherer they get their resources"

      Well, the thing is, the gatherers that contain the good resources (T6 or more) are very hard to kill because they know how to evade gankers.

      So, I think you guys should stop crying. The devs gave gatherers the advantage.
      ....Did you actually just try to victim-blame beginners for not having anything of value?
      "It's fine to go and kill beginners in their t4 gear because they're broke"

      Seriously?
      yep. It is fine if you wanna be the villain. Not everyone likes to play the hero you know? Albion allows you to play the villain part. If you are so butthurt and cant accept that the game allows villains why dont you become the hero instead of the one who cries?

      Any way, the point of my comment is that you guys have no reason to cry. Gankers life is pretty rough, and you dont see us gankers crying about it. Meanwhile, gatherers life is pretty easy, and yet they still cry.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Holoin ().

    • i understand the op wants to gather in peace w.o consequences, but that fact is gankers are a important part in the economy in the game, gatherers make money because i kill the crappy ones and wipe out their competitions.Gankers are constantly taking items out the game,we are preventing the market from being saturated.We are taking out so much flat t4 out the game so f2p players,you guys, can make some money selling it.

      Tldr - if you punish gankers,you punish yourselves. You can see this with red zones, direwolves are common and cheap due to the fact dreaded people cant kill t6 skinners in red zones, allowing for skinners to farm pups easily.
    • Psycha wrote:

      Point everyone is making.. Git gud
      Yeah and the problem with that point is that we're talking about beginners who've been playing for 2 weeks max (since f2p release). There's an actual limit on how good anyone can get in 2 weeks with the daily LP cap. It's the same logic as beating up a toddler and telling them to git gud to avoid getting beaten.


      Holoin wrote:

      iWoE wrote:

      ....Did you actually just try to victim-blame beginners for not having anything of value?"It's fine to go and kill beginners in their t4 gear because they're broke"

      Seriously?
      yep. It is fine if you wanna be the villain. Not everyone likes to play the hero you know? Albion allows you to play the villain part. If you are so butthurt and cant accept that the game allows villains why dont you become the hero instead of the one who cries?
      Any way, the point of my comment is that you guys have no reason to cry. Gankers life is pretty rough, and you dont see us gankers crying about it. Meanwhile, gatherers life is pretty easy, and yet they still cry.
      Holy shit, how much of an ass are you in real life? Your argument is basically the equivalent of "The theft victim has no right to complain about getting robbed, the robbers have a harsh time trying to evade law enforcement. You victims have pretty easy lives but still cry over getting your stuff stolen".

      10/10 logic. I'm actually more surprised people with ass-backwards logic like this even exist but I guess the world's a wide place eh?
    • iWoE wrote:

      Holy shit, how much of an ass are you in real life? Your argument is basically the equivalent of "The theft victim has no right to complain about getting robbed, the robbers have a harsh time trying to evade law enforcement. You victims have pretty easy lives but still cry over getting your stuff stolen".
      10/10 logic. I'm actually more surprised people with ass-backwards logic like this even exist but I guess the world's a wide place eh?
      Except this isn't real life... this is a video game that was specifically designed around the fact that gatherers could be ganked. And just because I've been playing longer doesn't mean that I'm inherently stronger. A ganker may have the ability to use T8 Claws to gank, but the amount of gankers using top tier gear is quite low. Generally, I see gankers wearing between T5, and T6. The really good (confident) ones may wear T7. You can grind to T6 weapons in a few hours.

      Now there may be a player skill difference, but that's a part of games isn't it? Some people are better than you, some are worse.

      Fundamentally, the issue here is that the game is DESIGNED for those materials to be dangerous to gather, in order to keep their value. The risk to gather them, is part of their value. If you want to completely avoid risk while gather, and run around on your Ox carrying tons (unit of measure) of ore, stick to T5 Yellow and below. That is the way the game is designed, with purpose and forethought. T6 and above are intentionally gated behind dangerous zones and PvP.