Remove Permament Portal Lockout

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Remove Permament Portal Lockout

Hello, I am here to ask for the removal of the permanent portal lockout system. The word I want to stress on is Permanent. With the influx of players from F2P, people (myself included) are making friends with each other from all over the map. Currently, if your friend has a portal lock in Thetford and you are in Caerleon ... you either have to enter the black zone solo and meet in the middle or one of you has to travel from one end of the map to the other. This leads to a very poor experience for newer players that want to enter and explore black zone content together.

My Proposal isn't to remove the portal lock out all together, but instead put these city portals on a 12-20 hour cool down for players with positive reputation or just players in general. I believe with this change, new players will find it easier transitioning into the end game content of entering the black zone for it's loot, pvp, pve and gathering experiences.

The reason I am asking this is that currently, I am unable to meet with my friends and the same goes for them. We have tried numerous times to change portals only to be killed before reaching the portal to change cities... I see little to no reason for this mechanic to be implemented into the game with such harsh restriction. I DO NOT want people to have access to any portal at any time as that will be a very bad thing for the game, but we really do need something to change this seemingly less useful restriction.

The post was edited 1 time, last by The3rdLetter ().

• I have not a single clue why they thought that would be a good idea with plans for a free to play release incoming. I'm here watching a streamer play the game.. one of his viewers wants to join him to do random dungeons in the bz... he can't because he is in green and the streamer is in red.

Also 24 hours is fine, but the only reason I maxed it at 20 is because some peoples schedule changes daily.. putting 20 hours allows people a small window to make adjustments to their portal timer. I've played games with 24 hour cool downs and eventually it would become a burden if I didn't log in at the same time to make the changes I wanted for my experience on that day.

Another example is the island crops.. I believe they are on a 20 hour timer... I love it, because sometimes I forget to do my crops and doing them an hour or 2 later doesn't make me feel like I just screwed up my entire in game schedule because I was having fun elsewhere and didn't realize the time... idk, I just believe 20 hours to be a little more forgiving.
    • I was thinking more like 2 hours lock at maximum and you need to go over royal lands portals to change the lock or can change over Outlands as it is now...

2 hours is a good time for you to be able to change for a new portal.

For me the portal lock became a Burden.

And add the home setting on this crap too...I Started to log in thinking..."do I really want to play this today..."

'Spin to win'
    • I as a new player am locked into a portal. I thought that going to caerleon portal was the only way to go to the black zone. I have email support and they said that they are not able to help me. They said for me to post on the forums.

I can't believe that there is no such timer on this. I have read about the guild wars thing I understand. but put it on like 22 hours like you said above or anything. Just don't lock you in and you can never change it.

I enjoy the game for small mistake that I did I feel like I am losing the full potential of my game play.

Hopefully someone that can make a change sees this.
    • Swiss22 wrote:

I as a new player am locked into a portal. I thought that going to caerleon portal was the only way to go to the black zone. I have email support and they said that they are not able to help me. They said for me to post on the forums.

I can't believe that there is no such timer on this. I have read about the guild wars thing I understand. but put it on like 22 hours like you said above or anything. Just don't lock you in and you can never change it.

I enjoy the game for small mistake that I did I feel like I am losing the full potential of my game play.

Hopefully someone that can make a change sees this.
      You can change by riding to a new portal in the outlands. A 22 hour timer would be WAY to short. On the test server right now they are running a 30 day reset.
    • actually I wouldn't mind a 22-48 hours timer or something. With a limit. You can queue up to change it, and are unable to go between black lands and royal cities at all during that time. Would allow you to change it and lock you out of the area. Though would probably lean toward the 48, so 2 days of not being able to access outlands to get a quicker change, but easily done if it's just not working, or going to be offline for a few days heh.
    • This game is based in darvinism - theory overall is just a joke but it work very well for this game, so restroction work like natural selection, leaving you to choose less agresive (with that less profitable income) region of the map. That restriction is VERY GOOD for game in its nature, however.
      Reputation could work with reducing and increasing CD in some more or less visible way acording to reputation. Eg base cd is 30 days, but as long u have best rep cd is with 0.8 of the base time, and if ur rep is worst cd is 1.2 of the base time.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Qolkkalom ().