Mind if I vent for a bit?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Mind if I vent for a bit?

Bah that seriously left a bad taste in my mouth for sure and I feel the need to vent a bit so it’s fine to ignore this entire thread if you want.

Ok, long story short I was almost done with gathering mats for the day in the red zone and was about to leave when I saw a skyflower respawn behind me. Figured I may as well gather it since it’s fairly close by I turned back and started gathering. Almost immediately after I started gathering, a person show up with in their horse and dismounts so I try to get click on my mount only for a freaking frog to show up while I’m trying to click my mount. My character attacks the frog and I die because of it. Nothing particularly important other than my cow and all the mats I gathered for the day (the equipment and stuff is fine because I crafted it myself anyways) was lost but gosh did that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Tl;dr: greeded for a single skyflower, found pker while gathering, misclicked, died.

Ah now that I vented, I feel a hell of a lot better.

The post was edited 1 time, last by iWoE ().

• How do you deal with the lacking weight capacity of a horse though? I feel like even the ox doesn’t have as much weight capacity as I need. Should I be using a horse and just heading back to town more often or should I be investing in a rank 3 enchanted bag to increase my weight capacity?

By the way, what are swiftclaws and warcamps?

Thanks for the advice though =o

This is my first week playing so there’s a bunch of stuff I’m probably doing wrong xD
    • You should be making regular trips town to drop off loot whenever you are carrying more than twice what your equipped gear+ mount is worth or whenever you get enough that you will get upset if you lose it.

Don't get greedy. You can't lose what you already banked.

People always say, "don't fly what you can't afford to lose" (eve) or the equivalent for this game.

I suggest not carrying anything that you cannot replace 10 times over.

If you get upset ---->AT ALL<---- over dying and losing what you are carrying then you are doing it wrong./'

BUT! If you insist on filling up your inventory to max weight on a cargo mount, you're going to make some lucky pk'r very, very happy and you'll get no sympathy from me.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Azlorn ().

• Azlorn wrote:

You should be making regular trips town to drop off loot whenever you are carrying more than twice what your equipped gear+ mount is worth or whenever you get enough that you will get upset if you lose it.

Don't get greedy. You can't lose what you already banked.

People always say, "don't fly what you can't afford to lose" (eve) or the equivalent for this game.

I suggest not carrying anything that you cannot replace 10 times over.

If you get upset ---->AT ALL<---- over dying and losing what you are carrying then you are doing it wrong./'

BUT! If you insist on filling up your inventory to max weight on a cargo mount, you're going to make some lucky pk'r very, very happy and you'll get no sympathy from me.
      To be fair, I did say that I just wanted to vent so I don't really care about anyone giving me sympathy xD

That being said, that sounds pretty sound advise and I'll probably have to run to town more often. That being said, are there any good guides for gathering in more dangerous spots with a cursed staff? The ones I find all tell me to use a dagger :x

edit: the thing that ticked me off more was that I lost about 3 hours worth of gathered mats and not the fact that I lost my stuff (because again I crafted those and can easily craft them again with some gathering).

The post was edited 1 time, last by iWoE ().

• iWoE wrote:

How do you deal with the lacking weight capacity of a horse though? I feel like even the ox doesn’t have as much weight capacity as I need. Should I be using a horse and just heading back to town more often or should I be investing in a rank 3 enchanted bag to increase my weight capacity?

Thanks for the advice though =O

This is my first week playing so there’s a bunch of stuff I’m probably doing wrong xD
      You should be banking more often in dangerous zones anyway. If you gather to a full ox in a dangerous zone, what happens when they dismount you? You can't even move and you're 100% dead.

Swiftclaw is a T6 rare mount, warcamps are locations in black zone to launch attacks from for people who don't already have territory. They always have banks and are essentially used as black zone banks to drop off supplies at.
    • Tuloth wrote:

iWoE wrote:

How do you deal with the lacking weight capacity of a horse though? I feel like even the ox doesn’t have as much weight capacity as I need. Should I be using a horse and just heading back to town more often or should I be investing in a rank 3 enchanted bag to increase my weight capacity?

You should be banking more often in dangerous zones anyway. If you gather to a full ox in a dangerous zone, what happens when they dismount you? You can't even move and you're 100% dead.
      Swiftclaw is a T6 rare mount, warcamps are locations in black zone to launch attacks from for people who don't already have territory. They always have banks and are essentially used as black zone banks to drop off supplies at.
      Ah, I didn't even think about the possibility of being dismounted :x

Do I have to join a guild to use warcamps? I checked the Albion wiki and it said "Warcamps are special locations on the world map that guilds can use to launch attacks on resource territories, however, it may also be used as storage for individual players and also can be pacified by guilds to prevent other guilds from using them to launch attacks from". I'm not sure if the wiki means individual players as in individual players in that guild or individual players as in just anyone.
    • iWoE wrote:

I'm not going to read other's replies. But ,

This is my set up right now for blackzone gathering. I use a T8 regular horse. It gives me about 430 more weight. I use a T8.1 bag (which is like 300k silver) I will fill up my inventory, then goto a the nearest warcamp ;; drop off, repeat.

Warcamps are symbols on the maps that look like this - (attachment) - In the black zone atleast, there is a warcamp at every center map, and the four maps surrounding the center map. also every map that has a portal. Anyway if you click on a specific map and see the attachment photos picture on that map, its a warcamp.

Swiftclaws are "fast mounts". They've the speed of either 125% or 127% - They are also cheap, and tanky" Their counterparts are a Saddled Moabird - and a Direwolf. Direwolfs use to be my goto but they have very very low hp, at about 430hp (estimation) ... which one auto attack and one tier8 poison pot equals a dismount.

The T8 horse I use has a gallop speed of 120% and the HP above 900. an as stated above 430 more carry weight. pretty decent

.. In royals if you start getting used to being around reds and learn to escape them , you can use a Saddled boar. Just make sure your ready to trash items if your overweight and a red dismounts u. Invisability potions save lives as well.

hehe hope thats helped a bit.
      Images
      • saveas.png

34.66 kB, 1,152×648, viewed 20 times
    • Azu_Raged wrote:

iWoE wrote:

I'm not going to read other's replies. But ,
      This is my set up right now for blackzone gathering. I use a T8 regular horse. It gives me about 430 more weight. I use a T8.1 bag (which is like 300k silver) I will fill up my inventory, then goto a the nearest warcamp ;; drop off, repeat.

Warcamps are symbols on the maps that look like this - (attachment) - In the black zone atleast, there is a warcamp at every center map, and the four maps surrounding the center map. also every map that has a portal. Anyway if you click on a specific map and see the attachment photos picture on that map, its a warcamp.

Swiftclaws are "fast mounts". They've the speed of either 125% or 127% - They are also cheap, and tanky" Their counterparts are a Saddled Moabird - and a Direwolf. Direwolfs use to be my goto but they have very very low hp, at about 430hp (estimation) ... which one auto attack and one tier8 poison pot equals a dismount.

The T8 horse I use has a gallop speed of 120% and the HP above 900. an as stated above 430 more carry weight. pretty decent

.. In royals if you start getting used to being around reds and learn to escape them , you can use a Saddled boar. Just make sure your ready to trash items if your overweight and a red dismounts u. Invisability potions save lives as well.

I've switched to using an armored horse these days (t6) since I figured that normal horses are just too squishy (tried the t4 stag but the ~400 hp died in like 3 mob hits so I gave up on it) but if they're not then I'll have to try them. I also have the monthly reward mount which seems to be ridiculously fast but it'd cost like 800k to replace so I'd rather not risk it but if it's good I'll probably use it when I break the 10 mil silver mark (2 mil right now so still a ways to go).

I've been only gathering in red zones these days because my portal got locked to the lymhurst portal after I exited from there and I'm not about to make a trip from Thetford to Lymhurst to use the portal just to run back to the Thetford portal.

Thanks for the picture of the warcamp. The stupid wiki didn't put up any pictures of the warcamps or anything other than a short paragraph talking about what a warcamp is. I was ridiculously confused about what it was and how I would find one without running through a map blindly until I hit it.
    • iWoE wrote:

Azu_Raged wrote:

iWoE wrote:

I'm not going to read other's replies. But ,This is my set up right now for blackzone gathering. I use a T8 regular horse. It gives me about 430 more weight. I use a T8.1 bag (which is like 300k silver) I will fill up my inventory, then goto a the nearest warcamp ;; drop off, repeat.

I've switched to using an armored horse these days (t6) since I figured that normal horses are just too squishy (tried the t4 stag but the ~400 hp died in like 3 mob hits so I gave up on it) but if they're not then I'll have to try them. I also have the monthly reward mount which seems to be ridiculously fast but it'd cost like 800k to replace so I'd rather not risk it but if it's good I'll probably use it when I break the 10 mil silver mark (2 mil right now so still a ways to go).
      I've been only gathering in red zones these days because my portal got locked to the lymhurst portal after I exited from there and I'm not about to make a trip from Thetford to Lymhurst to use the portal just to run back to the Thetford portal.

Thanks for the picture of the warcamp. The stupid wiki didn't put up any pictures of the warcamps or anything other than a short paragraph talking about what a warcamp is. I was ridiculously confused about what it was and how I would find one without running through a map blindly until I hit it.
      we have another monthly reward of the same thing, if prices goes down to 500k or so hoard them i know i will
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Kombat: https://bit.ly/2H3BZns
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      hellgate https://bit.ly/2H8Gqi3
    • Finalhecate wrote:

iWoE wrote:

Azu_Raged wrote:

iWoE wrote:

I'm not going to read other's replies. But ,This is my set up right now for blackzone gathering. I use a T8 regular horse. It gives me about 430 more weight. I use a T8.1 bag (which is like 300k silver) I will fill up my inventory, then goto a the nearest warcamp ;; drop off, repeat.

I've switched to using an armored horse these days (t6) since I figured that normal horses are just too squishy (tried the t4 stag but the ~400 hp died in like 3 mob hits so I gave up on it) but if they're not then I'll have to try them. I also have the monthly reward mount which seems to be ridiculously fast but it'd cost like 800k to replace so I'd rather not risk it but if it's good I'll probably use it when I break the 10 mil silver mark (2 mil right now so still a ways to go).I've been only gathering in red zones these days because my portal got locked to the lymhurst portal after I exited from there and I'm not about to make a trip from Thetford to Lymhurst to use the portal just to run back to the Thetford portal.

we have another monthly reward of the same thing, if prices goes down to 500k or so hoard them i know i will
      If they do get cheap I will certainly be doing the same.