Summer Alpha 2015 Events

• Summer Alpha 2015 Events

As we are approaching on what we have been told will be the last alpha test, I wanted to take a moment and discuss what I think is something big, yet maybe not given full appreciation: player-initiated meta-game events.

I will fully admit that we have experienced the creativity of events before: T1 war, Summer '14 alpha's push for tier 8, The server crashes of Mordred's Guard, and Toed Bear. Some players have also held smaller bounty events.

Part of me would like to see what creative events our community can come up with, to both push the limits of players and Albion. I also see this as an opportunity for guild's to shine. If the last 2 alpha tests are a guide, Legendary players had 29 calendar days (28 for Epic); with such a limited time window, even a few great events will go a very long way.

The events I speak of could be combat based, economic, RP based, social, etc.

Ex. It should be technically possible for a guild or Alliance to run a 1v1 or 3v3 Arena in one of the red zones. Lay out a decent square of land, using guild banners as boundary markers. For gear, either have a standard, or bring it with you. If one is concerned with foulplay, the participants could off-load their gear, suicide, be inspected, be revived, equip, and fight. The participants could pay a reasonable entrance pay a fee to the officiating guild. Exiting the boundary disqualifies a player. Maybe even have a time limit. The officiating guild should provide enough protection to ensure there is no outside interference. This idea isn't fully fleshed out, I know Red zones are dangerous, but a basic arena event for 1 day should be possible if announced, and supported through coverage by SI.

I hope that we might take full advantage of our next visit to Albion! Let me know your thoughts on this topic and what ideas you have for possible events.
  • Potential Event - Ride of the Founders

As this will be the last of our peliminary and brief expeditions into the land of Albion, I propose that a few days before we leave these shores, there be a Ride of the Founders, across the world of Albion. Founder's Gear is the appropriate attire and a horse in good health is required (Founder's or Referrers horse if possible!). This ride will cast fear into the hearts and minds of the inhabitants of the land, ensuring some degree of safety for our the planned offensive later this year.

Other thoughts:

Travelling across Albion on a pre-determined and announced path should give those who wish to upset the ride plenty of time to plan, and the potential for Sandbox to (1) get some good video and (2) possibly throw some unexpected suprises in the way.

We haven't really had an event that showcases the Founder's gear yet, and it is something unique to Legendary and Epic Founders.

To make it more interesting, perhaps someone from SI could take the role of a VIP that must be protected on this ride. Maybe there can be different potential outcomes depending on if the VIP lives to reach the destination or dies on the way.

Lastly, this event could possibly be large enough to be considered stresstest on the servers, so if the activity could be closely monitored, it may be useful!
  • Zetecua wrote:

Potential Event - Ride of the Founders

As this will be the last of our peliminary and brief expeditions into the land of Albion, I propose that a few days before we leave these shores, there be a Ride of the Founders, across the world of Albion. Founder's Gear is the appropriate attire and a horse in good health is required (Founder's or Referrers horse if possible!). This ride will cast fear into the hearts and minds of the inhabitants of the land, ensuring some degree of safety for our the planned offensive later this year.

Other thoughts:

Travelling across Albion on a pre-determined and announced path should give those who wish to upset the ride plenty of time to plan, and the potential for Sandbox to (1) get some good video and (2) possibly throw some unexpected suprises in the way.

We haven't really had an event that showcases the Founder's gear yet, and it is something unique to Legendary and Epic Founders.

To make it more interesting, perhaps someone from SI could take the role of a VIP that must be protected on this ride. Maybe there can be different potential outcomes depending on if the VIP lives to reach the destination or dies on the way.

Lastly, this event could possibly be large enough to be considered stresstest on the servers, so if the activity could be closely monitored, it may be useful!

Sounds good to me, why not an event each day of the last week?
    day 1 : race with fear effect
    day 2 : protect vip
    day 3 : reverse the previous parcour with ambush
    day 4 : combination
    day 5 : video competittion
    CASUAL UNITED
    you are no longer fighting alone

Play as you want, when you want, no obligations, no tax : CASUAL UNITED, what is it?
  • Test your anti zerging mechanics. Do a UO style "IDOC" theme. Set a treasure chest surrounded by mobs on an accessible island and lock it and count down 1 week from alpha start.

So as the 6th day and 20th hour comes massive wars over its loot will begin.

"Developers who try to please EVERYONE end up creating crap. A camel is a horse designed by a committee."-BigJohnny82 13/10/2015