why home lock changes are bad

• why home lock changes are bad

"Our primary goal is to test our idea of creating more physical distance between the fighting guilds to create niches in which small and medium guilds can exist without facing the largest guilds all the time."

you've managed to make the black zone gameplay experience worse for pretty much everyone outside the largest zerg alliances of 2800+

the city/portal lock changes are a separate thing, but in combination with losing home lock every time you die and need to respawn in a city, it is too extreme and there's got to be a reasonable middle ground

there are 40 ARCH kids camping Alderwood at all times throughout the day. it used to be I could suicide out to a guild territory, and suicide back to town

some will ride naked on a horse to keep their home lock, but if you get killed then you lose your home lock anyway, unless you go back to Home where you no longer have a spare t3 horse, which means you need to suicide back to Caerleon anyway

I wont move to Fort Sterling because then you're trading one throughway for exactly one (though different route) throughway. worse you're stuck in a city where you can't refine without paying insane high taxes to a crooked monopolist

if I log on, I see there's a fight in our black zone territory. I can ride a t3 horse out there and likely get picked off. people aren't gonna bring a full set every time they travel through a major ganking throughway when the main advantage of war camps and terri bank is stashing your overflow of stuff there

if I bring the travel build with 3 invis pieces, that rapidly fills my chest and both war camp tabs faster than I can clear the chests

whereas before I could join the fight quickly, in the 20 minutes it takes to get theres a good chance it'll be finished by the time I'm there. what happens when I need to do market orders, feed my kennel

the red zone seems to be the better choice of content right now for fame farming and finding fights, not to mention with the prices of everything higher than 5 flat all jacked up, its lucrative to gather in red zones

even more so given how you've literally doubled the amount of travel time and logistics needed to do anything in the black zone. you've managed to hinder small groups, solos, small zergs, while giving a kind of super buff to the SQUAD/ARCH/EGO model of zerging people down with no less than 3000 total player count
    • All you're describing here means that the system is actually working as intended.

Live with your guild, in your guilds place, hold your maps and safe ways to your maps.

If you don't want to live in fort sterling because taxes are high, you can always own your own buildings on an island, and try to contest the monopoly when auctions comes.

You can also refine / craft in other cities and make extra profit with the return rates.
    • Theirs a lot of problems with me that I think need fixing

If you live in a outer city to get away from "Mega alliances" then have fun spending 2-4x more on gear.

Oh but are you a solo player that also PvPs in the redzone? So you cant transport gear across? Oh well fuck you because your a solo player.
      Great ok so I just have to spend 2-5x more on gear. Oh wait their is another problem

Most high end gear isnt even on the market place. If I wanted to buy some high end gear like relic gear I cant without literally paying 20x more. NICE

I just killed a guy with insane gear in anglia? Well that sucks because now you have to first go to caerleon naked. Buy a new gear set. Then PvE in the red zone just for rep. THEN I can finally transport my gear to caerleon that I got from killing someone.

Simple fixes:

1. Have a redzone out of every city.

2. All Auction houses are shared. BUT you can only take items out of the auction house where you put them in. AND once you buy a item you can only pick it up where you bought it.
      I’m toxic
    • I think the portal lock system is a good change for the game but I do wish that their was another path or two that led out of Mercia just to ease up on some of the heavier ganking. Alderwood is pretty much the only way in and out of Mercia unless you want to traverse the extra long path from Flintslice. Perhaps it might work out better once the new BZ expansion hits.

Until then I kind of wish there was some sorta underground passage from Cairn Taul to Dun Cholla.
    • owensssss wrote:

just wait. The world economy doesn’t instantly morph with the portal changes. It takes time to adjust, you can’t rly judge that part yet.

Give it a month or maybe less and all the market places will be settled then you can complain with good reason.
      Guarantee you it won’t. You don’t get nasty gear from anglia. You get it from Mercia.

Finding a 8.3 is literally the lottery in anglia. But it’s like getting lucky in Mercia.
      I’m toxic
    • RottenH20 wrote:

Theirs a lot of problems with me that I think need fixing

If you live in a outer city to get away from "Mega alliances" then have fun spending 2-4x more on gear.

Oh but are you a solo player that also PvPs in the redzone? So you cant transport gear across? Oh well fuck you because your a solo player.
      Great ok so I just have to spend 2-5x more on gear. Oh wait their is another problem

Most high end gear isnt even on the market place. If I wanted to buy some high end gear like relic gear I cant without literally paying 20x more. NICE

I just killed a guy with insane gear in anglia? Well that sucks because now you have to first go to caerleon naked. Buy a new gear set. Then PvE in the red zone just for rep. THEN I can finally transport my gear to caerleon that I got from killing someone.

Simple fixes:

1. Have a redzone out of every city.

2. All Auction houses are shared. BUT you can only take items out of the auction house where you put them in. AND once you buy a item you can only pick it up where you bought it.
      • Yellow zones now have the same reputation requirements as red zones, to avoid cases where players could get stuck in red zones
      • Minimum Reputation to enter yellow zones: -3,000 → -10,000
      They listend to me :)
      I’m toxic