Not Really FTP if you have to Pay to login...

• In time things will get better and queues will be a thing of the past here. Queues are already shorter than they were at F2P launch. Unfortunately, right now you're just going to have to wait.

Just plan ahead for now. Join the queue, then do something else online for a bit, until you get to the front. As your name would suggest, you're going to enjoy it once you're in, so stick it out for now.
    • Unless of course you get a spot on the server after midnight local time, then of course, it was worth the wait....

Unless of course you have a life outside of gaming, responsibilities that make it necessary to be asleep at the time your spot opens up.

And considering the amount of money this game has made, the low cost of server space, it is not like they have to buy a freaking server.

Hell there is one firm locally with a mainframe on the damn fiber optic trunk, they are renting out offline storage, have a few online shopping services using the mainframe server capabilities and they arent even close to maxing out what their system can do.

This is more like a bait and switch than like a 'great opportunity' to play a popular game for free.

I do mind paying for premium on games I like, but in the limited time that I have been able to play, it seems little different than Runescape.
    • MacsenDagda wrote:

Unless of course you get a spot on the server after midnight local time, then of course, it was worth the wait....

Unless of course you have a life outside of gaming, responsibilities that make it necessary to be asleep at the time your spot opens up.

And considering the amount of money this game has made, the low cost of server space, it is not like they have to buy a freaking server.

Hell there is one firm locally with a mainframe on the damn fiber optic trunk, they are renting out offline storage, have a few online shopping services using the mainframe server capabilities and they arent even close to maxing out what their system can do.

This is more like a bait and switch than like a 'great opportunity' to play a popular game for free.

I do mind paying for premium on games I like, but in the limited time that I have been able to play, it seems little different than Runescape.
      You think this is a problen os server space? Do you even read before posting shit on the forums? Devs have explained many times the problems they are encoutering and the reason for ques. There is no way to solve this issue just by buying more servers. They already have more than enough.

And the que doesnt even take that long. You are saying you have so much of a life that you cant actually wait for 5 minutes?
      If thats the case you should check your priorities and not be playing games.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Holoin ().

• I was 5000+ deep on the queue at one point and it took me 10 whole minutes to get in. 10 MINUTES!! I almost died of old age while I ate my pop tart and watched netflix.

If your time is just so valuable that you can't wait 10 minutes to play a free game. You should do something else instead. It's weird that the waiting was just so terrible to you, but the time you spent crying about the waiting on the forums was time you think of as well spent.

There are lots of games and no one is forcing you to play this one.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE
    • A bit of an update...

after several 30min wait times (ya not 10min thanks) I stuck with it and things are calming down and I'm getting on right away for the most part... I have to say I was rather cold towards AO at first.. It just wasn't clicking... yet I still wanted to log in and try.. now I've gotten to the point I'm wanting to dig deeper and get logged in to work on my char... I even ended up buying premium for a month to get a good feel...

So I'm In.. and the game is growing on me... kinda like a fungus.. :)
    • You don't have to pay to log in.

The queing system is completely understandable. Why don't you plan your time better. Open Albion and check the daily queue. Then determine how long you will have to wait to get in. Do something else while waiting (like watch a movie or an anime) and periodically check the queue.

Or.. become a premium Albion player and skip the queue.

The question is, would you prefer:

1. To be playing an mmorpg that has n f2p queue but has less players
      2. To be playing an mmorpg that has a lot of players but a queing system

Personally I choose option 2 which is why I cannot take your complaint too seriously.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

You don't have to pay to log in.

The queing system is completely understandable. Why don't you plan your time better. Open Albion and check the daily queue. Then determine how long you will have to wait to get in. Do something else while waiting (like watch a movie or an anime) and periodically check the queue.

Or.. become a premium Albion player and skip the queue.

The question is, would you prefer:

1. To be playing an mmorpg that has n f2p queue but has less players
      2. To be playing an mmorpg that has a lot of players but a queing system

Personally I choose option 2 which is why I cannot take your complaint too seriously.

you obviously didn't read my update....
    • MMOWarrior wrote:

A bit of an update...

after several 30min wait times (ya not 10min thanks) I stuck with it and things are calming down and I'm getting on right away for the most part... I have to say I was rather cold towards AO at first.. It just wasn't clicking... yet I still wanted to log in and try.. now I've gotten to the point I'm wanting to dig deeper and get logged in to work on my char... I even ended up buying premium for a month to get a good feel...

Hey man thanks for coming back to update the thread. Lots of these threads can leave a sour taste in my mouth knowing that the game wasn't given a "fair chance". Glad to see you're enjoying yourself!
    • MMOWarrior wrote:

A bit of an update...

I agree with sam! It's good that you gave this game a second chance. Good luck with it! Sorry for not seeing your update message, it just wasn't expected.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020