Upcoming changes to the Land Auction System

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MrVers wrote:

Question to the administration.
      Monopolists play by the rules.
      Monopoly is a natural process, otherwise property ownership is not profitable.
      Monopoly as a clan or GVG group, only uses the economy as a weapon.

Why do you oppress one group of players (monopolists) in favor of another (noobs)?

We see it as our role to make sure that the in-game economy in Albion Online runs smoothly. If we spot major issues, we'll take action. It's quite the same in real life, where (almost?) all developed economies have regulatory mechanisms to deal with monopolies.
    • Korn wrote:

Saya wrote:

Korn wrote:

Here is a short explanation of the system:
      • People place bids with silver
      • The player with the highest bid* wins. However, the bid of the current owner of the plot counts double.
      • The effective price paid however is the second highest bid plus 1 silver
      • If the owner wins the bid, his silver is sunk by the system.
      • If somebody other than the owner wins, half of the amount paid goes to the previous owner as compensation, the other half is sunk by the system.
      • The silver invested into failing bids, or any excess silver put down by the winner of the auction, is returned to the players at the end of the auction.

did you forget that 25% goes to the guild which owns the city?
      Good point!
      Does this mean that city owners get advantages in the auction, since then a part of the invested amount is returned to them?
      Also, it will be in their interest to raise bids at auctions in excess of their value.
    • I think people are getting the wrong idea. The whales could put massive bids on the plots but what is the point if its costing you more than the plot is going to make? It will come down to what people think the plots are worth. Plus of more people own plots then tax are likely to be lower meaning even less profit for the whales.
    • Saya wrote:

Korn wrote:

Here is a short explanation of the system:
      • People place bids with silver
      • The player with the highest bid* wins. However, the bid of the current owner of the plot counts double.
      • The effective price paid however is the second highest bid plus 1 silver
      • If the owner wins the bid, his silver is sunk by the system.
      • If somebody other than the owner wins, half of the amount paid goes to the previous owner as compensation, the other half is sunk by the system.
      • The silver invested into failing bids, or any excess silver put down by the winner of the auction, is returned to the players at the end of the auction.

did you forget that 25% goes to the guild which owns the city?
      Awww come on! You can't just come back and post here. You've got to tell us how much you managed to bank in the scam! 8)
    • ValheruWolf wrote:

Yeah the big issue people are like single players shouldn't own everything, but those players are representative of a guild, and pretty sure it's the guild that owns all the cities. So that 25% back to the owner of the cities reduces their silver cost per bid by that much over again.
      Note sure for Lymhurst and Fort Sterling , But Bridgwatch i know me and the others are not representatives of any guild lol , Always alone for me . Many of the owners are here from beta or alpha. Martlock is still a mess so sure no big guild running that town :P

Keeping shop is all i do in Albion lol. Running back and forth to Ah buying bulks of carrots and food, giving back silver to the players :)
      Caelis ,The Skeleton King of Bridgewatch
      Boradir, Duke of Caerleon
    • boradir wrote:

ValheruWolf wrote:

Yeah the big issue people are like single players shouldn't own everything, but those players are representative of a guild, and pretty sure it's the guild that owns all the cities. So that 25% back to the owner of the cities reduces their silver cost per bid by that much over again.
      Note sure for Lymhurst and Fort Sterling , But Bridgwatch i know me and the others are not representatives of any guild lol , Always alone for me . Many of the owners are here from beta or alpha. Martlock is still a mess so sure no big guild running that town :P
      Keeping shop is all i do in Albion lol. Running back and forth to Ah buying bulks of carrots and food, giving back silver to the players :)
      Yeah after looking at that later I do understand that there, lymhurst with the monopoly, well it really could be either way, but guessing atleast a small guild to feed the buildings. Didn't realize how bad I had it until I actually started looking at the other cities. heh. Well this system will probably break his monopoly here next time. Probably just drop the crap areas around the outside to keep ahold of the center stuff.