Upcoming changes to the Land Auction System

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ravenar wrote:

This thread is about auction or sumthin. Can you bring your epeen sword fight to a PM or something? No one cares.
      It's about something indeed, if you had read it you would have know the topic.
      In regard to your second comment: Then don't join @Midgard the troll...

To the rest: Don't worry im done with these trolls, im just going to plain ignore the trolls from now on, i just thought there would be more mature people on this forum.
      This account im using here and on the wiki is not my game account ;)
    • This will help somewhat, as guilds who own cities can bid insanely high on a few plots and if worst comes to worst they get 25% back from the tax of the city. If any of the owners of these cities lose a few of their plots then the profit will be reduced by half if there now 2x of each building with a cheaper fee.

I doubt Diva will defend each outer city plot for 100 mill each when theres like 83 plots, if I was Diva this would be a good week to dip out of this whole situation, I predict he will defend the inner circle property's for over 100 mill each the 4 plots for like 400 mill but even Divas money will start seeing a loss. Especially if its in gold beforehand as they will have to sell a shit tonne to defend an amount that is unknown. Either way even if you have 10billion in the bank you still need to split it between 83 plots, this just means you will see a few people paying crazy amount for some turdy edge of map spots, give it 2 months and there will be multiple owners in fort.
    • blast204 wrote:

This will help somewhat, as guilds who own cities can bid insanely high on a few plots and if worst comes to worst they get 25% back from the tax of the city. If any of the owners of these cities lose a few of their plots then the profit will be reduced by half if there now 2x of each building with a cheaper fee.

I doubt Diva will defend each outer city plot for 100 mill each when theres like 83 plots, if I was Diva this would be a good week to dip out of this whole situation, I predict he will defend the inner circle property's for over 100 mill each the 4 plots for like 400 mill but even Divas money will start seeing a loss. Especially if its in gold beforehand as they will have to sell a shit tonne to defend an amount that is unknown. Either way even if you have 10billion in the bank you still need to split it between 83 plots, this just means you will see a few people paying crazy amount for some turdy edge of map spots, give it 2 months and there will be multiple owners in fort.
      How will it help , You are one of the bidders just draining silver from shopkeepers … players like Diva or Bananapudding before will Always keep their shops … this and next month aside shopkeeping is just trowing silver away so why would you try to break it , Only thing that happens when we loose auctions is that you guys are just selling the plots. So if we would only get bids from players that want to be a shopkeeper the bids and defense cost would be extremly low. Besides the tax collectors and some guys taking revenge there are no real bids lol , Wish SI would let bidders loose 50% of their bid when they don't win it just to get you taks collectors to back off.
      Caelis ,The Skeleton King of Bridgewatch
      Boradir, Duke of Caerleon
    • Calis/Boradir is correct with what they say. All that happens is the majority of people win plots and then immediately sell them.

As for anyone thinking that all of the money and huge hoards of gold that the city plot owners are sitting on came from F2P is deluded. The 'cartel owners' are able to control their plots because they heavily bought gold when it was under 50 silver at launch and because they diversified into different markets, not putting everything in one place to protect themselves long term, such as any business should.

I welcome this change, it looks to hopefully solve the issue, but if you want to really solve it, you should tax people on plots with no vendors on them - including houses.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.
    • You (SI) could always implement a set of rules by default:

The mayor demands -->

• Every plot in town, which has either a starving, low durabilty shop (for too long) or nothing build on it, will be liquidated and opened for public auction in a matter of days
      • Further more, sanctions will be put in place. These conclude up to 10% of the winning auction fee to be charged by the city for every passing day after a threshold is reached
      • If a land owner is not able to pay the fee, he will not be able to use the land. Furthermore he will not be able participate in the resulting forced auction
      • In severe cases of owners paying the fee but not building, feeding or repairing a shop for another 72h, the plot will be claimed by the system (town) and set up for auction

Example: Starving plot

1. Owner will receive a letter, informing about the status (could be toggled on or off for convenience)
      2. After 24h without a change, the first warning will occur
      3. After 48h, second warning
      4. After 72h, the plot will be marked by the system

--> 4a. Owner has to pay 10% of his winning bid to enable interaction with the plot. He pays up and starts caring.
      --> 4b. Owner is offline/not interested

5b. After 24h, (day 4 now) the sum will go up another 10% (20% total)
      6b. After 48h, (day 5) the sum will go up to 30% total
      7b. After 72h, (day 6) a letter is sent out, informing the owner that the plot is now lost and will go on auction the next day
      8b. After 96h, (day 7) the plot is up for auction for anyone at the starting price when the game launched (30k+)

@Shop owners: What say you to this?
    • Desriel wrote:

easy to circumvent
      Yes, that is true. If you have the coin, you can easily do that with a couple of shops. But it will crack down on unused plots in general, wont it?

I thought about that point while writing up the text and another option would be, to put in a "moral" bar for each shop keeper (like workers) and the less people use the shop the lower that bar goes, resulting in the shops durability being drained rapidly. This will turn very bad very quickly, when player numbers go down and shops with good fees are hit, too.
    • Korn wrote:

Hi all,

a little bit of extra background information:

We do hope that the changed system will help to break the monopolies.

We are 100% committed to deal with the monopoly situation.

In case that this does not work, we will take further measures.
      If you guys are willing to take further measures, I would suggest to look into clear up some mob areas and opening up additional spots to build on the territories close to cities, so you can dilute the heat in cities and balance things about based on population and give more to build on to a larger population, make prices/taxes more reasonable and create smaller communities of plot owners stick together for client with specific needs in different zones. This will give opportunity for player run economic camps around the world, and make it a touch more dynamic.
      Synced Onetyper
    • WulfricNick wrote:

You want to TRULY Break Monopolies???
      Give all Plots back to the System!!!
      There, NO-ONE has Plots and Everyone is equal ;)

I honestly joke though...

Will see how it pans over the next few days when Bidding begins.
      You joke, but this could work.

Give some Plots back to the System, and allow everything up to T4 (and including T4) to be crafted in shops there.

Did I help? Please use my Referral Link.
    • Lexinator wrote:

WulfricNick wrote:

You joke, but this could work.
      Give some Plots back to the System, and allow everything up to T4 (and including T4) to be crafted in shops there.
      I like it. System run T4 would help new players get a foothold. They will soon be T5+ and using player crafting stations but on arrival in the main cities they do need a helping hand, especially when that T4 gear will be quickly lost as they start to venture out.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • It would be better to just spend some development time on fixing plots and stations. As much as I dislike monopolies and price fixing. The plot owners have a legitimate complaint about how ridiculous free market competition is in non-monopoly cities. I just don't have the will to fight their battle for them if they can't be bothered to.

Currently such a huge part of the crafting volume goes to whatever station has the lowest rate, that competition in any other way is difficult. Because of that it is a race to the bottom for everyone.

They also have the 3rd party problem. Non-plot owners have just bizarre and wild ideas about what plots are worth/their income, and are willing to bid on them on the basis of those ideas.

I think, in the interests of price discovery for plot values, that the total silver income from the previous month should be posted on the plot sign along with the previous months winning bid.

I expect people won't like that, particularly people who think that their income should be super sneaky, but I think in the end its good for owners and non owners.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Korn wrote:

To break monopolies its paramount to break inequality first. And i mean unfair 2x advantage of current plot owner. You have removed unfair 24 hour defense advantage - good, but thats not enough.

Also situation with current plot owner being the only bidder/defender in blind auction system is not clarified - what happens to their bid at the end of auction?
    • Midgard wrote:

Lexinator wrote:

WulfricNick wrote:

You joke, but this could work.Give some Plots back to the System, and allow everything up to T4 (and including T4) to be crafted in shops there.
      I like it. System run T4 would help new players get a foothold. They will soon be T5+ and using player crafting stations but on arrival in the main cities they do need a helping hand, especially when that T4 gear will be quickly lost as they start to venture out.
      Exactly my reasoning behind it. Plus it will make PvP a lot more affordable for everyone involved.

Zbrkesbris wrote:

Korn wrote:

To break monopolies its paramount to break inequality first. And i mean unfair 2x advantage of current plot owner. You have removed unfair 24 hour defense advantage - good, but thats not enough.
      Also situation with current plot owner being the only bidder/defender in blind auction system is not clarified - what happens to their bid at the end of auction?
      Agreed, the 2X bid advantage has to go.

Did I help? Please use my Referral Link.
    • The *2 multiplier has to stay . Shopkeepers are forced to keep feeding and repairing to make money … if the multiplier is gone then why would you keep shop ? The profit after biddings is all gone so you'll end up with either playing 3-4 hours a day to keep them fed and restock on stones or buy all from the auction house and hope you have enough left to defend .

it can go if we only have 3-4 cycles a year instead of 1 every 4 weeks …

Btw 6 weeks till heavy decline in playerbase and shops become rather worthless
      Caelis ,The Skeleton King of Bridgewatch
      Boradir, Duke of Caerleon