Upcoming changes to the Land Auction System

• nooke wrote:

I will bet 30 kk as a curent owner on 10kkbet and lose all my money? The man who bet 10kk don't loose nothing? I'm right?
      No. This is not correct. It's a sealed "second" bid auction. The winner only pays 1 silver more than what the second highest bidder is willing to pay.

For Example:

I bid 10M silver.
      You (the owner) bid 20M silver.

You end up paying (half) of 10M + 1 silver, or 5M silver.

I get my 10M silver back.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • fillrup wrote:

Just curious will we ever know what the winning bids are for each plot? Or just the fact we lost and only the winner will know what the real cost was. This change should be interesting. It should of been made a long time ago before the ftp players had to start and paying these terrible rates.
      If you bid on a plot at all there is a auction email produced at the end and sent to bidders. They only said that the being outbid mail won't be generated any longer, so I assume the auction final email will still be sent to all bidders. It shows the winning bid.

Tycho wrote:

That's great that you're taking action. Can you explain how this new system hinders players from "defending all of their plots" after they've been using the current system for many months to obtain the required silver to defend it successfully?
      Before they had perfect information and so only had to devote the bare minimum silver to defending plots. Now they have to devote what is likely to be a LOT more silver to defend plots.

I don't really know what a lot of silver is anymore. I wouldn't worry about what the monopoly cities were earning before f2p launched. Even if f2p filled their coffers this is a big change.

Also, the idea people toss around where these video game 100 Billionaires are just going to bid 100M on every single plot they own. That's crazy talk. That strategy is completely exploitable and if they try to maintain it what they will find is that they are getting a lot of 99M bids on their plots all of a sudden.

Second bid blind auctions is just about the best I could have hoped for, ignoring structural changes to how stations themselves work.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper

The post was edited 1 time, last by Piddle ().

• Interesting modification, but I think it will not change much, limiting plots it would be a better option as someone as proposed.

If you have billions of silver, and you want to maintain the plots, you will be able to do so.

Let us see if it makes any change at all.

I sincerely hope so, as a crafter it is crazy to pay 20k-30k silver every time I want to process materials.
    • Ye it doesn't matter if it's a blind or not,the guys that been controlling the plots,made billions by now.

They can afford to over-bid. The only way to actually stop monopolies is setting a limit to one or two plots owned by an account,and not by a character,because then people can just make more alts ect...

I hope you guys realize that,but I guess showing effort makes the consumer happier than doing nothing at all.Keep it up :)
    • Tycho wrote:

Saabotage wrote:

... I hope this helps... but somebody who can afford to buy every single plot in fort sterling and lymhurst can afford to out bid almost everybody in the game...
      It's a delima if you forcefully break their monopolies. Well thats not very capitalistic.. but other then putting a restriction in place that makes them give it up, I think fort sterling will still be entirely owned by diva in 3 months...

I do hope this helps!
      FYI, monopolies are not allowed in a capitalist system
      FYI, they are allowed, but they are discouraged.

Saabotage wrote:

... I hope this helps... but somebody who can afford to buy every single plot in fort sterling and lymhurst can afford to out bid almost everybody in the game...
      It's a delima if you forcefully break their monopolies. Well thats not very capitalistic.. but other then putting a restriction in place that makes them give it up, I think fort sterling will still be entirely owned by diva in 3 months...

I do hope this helps!
      It's not forcing anyone into doing anything, the system is still based in voluntary decisions. Nobody is being forced to sell or forced to bid a price they don't agree with, now its just harder to make private agreements.
    • Piddle wrote:

nooke wrote:

I will bet 30 kk as a curent owner on 10kkbet and lose all my money? The man who bet 10kk don't loose nothing? I'm right?
      No. This is not correct. It's a sealed "second" bid auction. The winner only pays 1 silver more than what the second highest bidder is willing to pay.
      For Example:

I bid 10M silver.
      You (the owner) bid 20M silver.

You end up paying (half) of 10M + 1 silver, or 5M silver.

I get my 10M silver back.
      It's look good.
      *Kal Vas Flam*
      Buy Bank Guards!!! xD

Holy 400/Druid 400/Arcana 400
    • Very awesome, however if the 2x bid advantage of the current owner stays, they still have a huge advantage.

Well, lets see how this will impact Diva and that 200%+ tax.

RudiRatlos wrote:

This change is in general not too bad. However, i have seen income around the 20-30 million silver per plot per day in fort sterling, so it should be no problem to offer 100 mil per building. especially since diva gets most of it back.
      Yep, this is what I worry about.

Did I help? Please use my Referral Link.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lexinator ().

• Lexinator wrote:

Very awesome, however if the 2x bid advantage of the current owner stays, they still have a huge advantage.

Well, lets see how this will impact Diva and that 200%+ tax.

RudiRatlos wrote:

This change is in general not too bad. However, i have seen income around the 20-30 million silver per plot per day in fort sterling, so it should be no problem to offer 100 mil per building. especially since diva gets most of it back.
      Yep, this is what I worry about.
      His estimate for per plot income means that either he isn't doing it right or Diva is making 2.4B silver a day. I am going to go ahead and say that he is doing it wrong.
    • Desriel wrote:

Piddle wrote:

His estimate for per plot income means that either he isn't doing it right or Diva is making 2.4B silver a day. I am going to go ahead and say that he is doing it wrong.
      He obviously means per active building with the current setup. He's not saying the houses are making 20-30m a day lol
      In which case it isn't "per plot, per day". It is per active station, per day. Ignoring that Diva still has to pay for all those plots that are houses is silly. All of the income from all the plots goes against all the expenses. So, like I said, he didn't do the income right.
    • я могу сказать одно это просто бред ты покупаешь станок а потом у тебя его через месяц хотят его отобрать ну что велокм в 90 года, разрабы просто идут на поводу у придурков не боле, тут единицы, кто реально хотел этим заниматься, ну а теперь будет просто хаос.
    • Yarlam wrote:

я могу сказать одно это просто бред ты покупаешь станок а потом у тебя его через месяц хотят его отобрать ну что велокм в 90 года, разрабы просто идут на поводу у придурков не боле, тут единицы, кто реально хотел этим заниматься, ну а теперь будет просто хаос.