Outland Expansion Incoming!

• Outland Expansion Incoming!

Dear Community members old and new,

As many of you know, we’re currently planning a massive rework of the Outlands later this year, which also intends to increase the world size. We feel it would be unfair to make new players wait until we finish that rework to have a chance to claim their own piece of Albion, so in the meantime we’ve decided to launch an expansion of the world based on the current map layout.

For this reason, we’re planning to add three new regions to the current Outland map: Siluria (equivalent in size and value to Cumbria), and West and East Glouvia (equivalent in size and value to West and East Anglia, respectively).

These new regions will launch during GvG Season 6 (we’re currently aiming for early May), and the territories within them will become claimable in two waves on the second Invasion Day of Season 6 (May 18th).
      To ensure this land expansion has a minimal effect on Season 6, all territories, mages and castles within it will not contribute season points to the current season and will only start doing so for Season 7. They will, however, generate siphoned energy and spawn loot chests, so they are a perfect place for new guilds to establish themselves and try their hand at territory conquest in preparation for Season 7.

How will these new regions be accessed?
      Access to these zones will happen via the city portal system. Each city’s portal network will be extended to gain additional access points in the corresponding zones.
      • Martlock: 3 portal exits in West Glouvia, bordering West Anglia to the north
      • Bridgewatch: 2 portal exits, 1 each in West and East Glouvia
      • Thetford: 2 portal exits in East Glouvia, bordering East Anglia to the north
      • Lymhurst: 2 portal exits, 1 each in East Glouvia and Siluria
      • Fort Sterling: 2 portal exits in Siluria, bordering Cumbria to the north via a bridge
      • Caerleon: 1 portal exit in East Siluria, bordering Mercia to the north via a bridge
      Start gathering your guilds together and get ready to claim your piece of Albion!
    • Yeah the current population is popping with the current amount of terries...I understand that lots of the top guilds have a lockdown on the current territories but new guilds are constantly attacking the royals and I am super interested to see how they impact reset day.

Adding new terries to thin out reset day population per tile so your servers don't lag out more than usual is a weak play. I was very interested in seeing how the new portal lock and all the fresh blood were going to affect reset day. Now it will be pretty much the same with alt zergs rotating based on spy information.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Belemrys ().

• I don't even know where to start here exactly, I don't see how this is gonna be good for new players or the game.

first of what makes u think that the big alliances wont just go claim these areas?

I know this was posted on the topic

To ensure this land expansion has a minimal effect on Season 6, all territories, mages and castles within it will not contribute season points to the current season and will only start doing so for Season 7. They will, however, generate siphoned energy and spawn loot chests

how much energy are these towers gonna generate? are they gonna be the same as selected Anglia crumbia merica? but give no points to the season? no one is gonna raid these zones so the value of these terrys is now more than the normal 3 conts if ur looking at it money wise, can they crystal gvg out of these towers? what is the loot chest?, what tier are these zones up there do they have a raid area/t8 also, with 1 portal on the merica entrance do u really think anyone is gonna beable to enter

I thought the game was in a good state with how close players were together and the amount of action on the map I guess I was wrong, if u wanted to help welcome new players for something they can compete for
      why not either

a) make it so if u own a black zone terry u cant have control of royal terrys/ in the same alliance even if need be. on top of that put 5 wartents that can attack the cities so the big allioance/guilds can still compete for the city plots

2) u can still do the outland there u want here but make it 1/3 and make it only in Anglia crumbia and merica should not have connecting passages to this area. again its for "new" players make it so they cant be alliance with guilds over in crumbia/merica so they can have alittle play ground area
    • skillazor wrote:

Eltharyon wrote:

We feel it would be unfair to make new players wait until we finish that rework to have a chance to claim their own piece of Albion
      I thought royale continent is for new players with IP capped in GvG. Why no new town and zones in royals ?
      THIS...make Royals larger...have the Cities have 4 pathways to be sieged...atm BA just sits and laughs at all whom approach slowly to their one gate....
    • Maybe some player numbers will help as reference for why we made this decision: The current player numbers are about 10 times higher than they have been for the past year, significantly higher than the game was at launch and probably 60 times the player numbers of Beta 2.

Even assuming a massive dropoff in player numbers after the initial hype ends, we feel pretty confident there'll be enough players populating the Outlands.

It will take a few weeks to months for the players to migrate to the Outlands, but the wave is coming.
    • Seriosuly... some of you are behaving like damn spoiled brats! I think many of us are not sure whether this is a good step or not. I for my part want to believe its a good measure althought I have some sceptisim, but so much cynism and negativity after reading that actual new content is coming to the game in under a month... I have no words.How about we wait and see how it plays out at least a few weeks before some of you declare this is the games death?! This is pure ignorance and ridiculous.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Joshuan ().

• Joshuan wrote:

Seriosuly... some of you are behaving like damn spoiled brats! I think many of us are not sure whether this is a good step or not. I for my part want to believe its a good measure althought I have some sceptisim, but so much cynism and negativity after reading that actual new content is coming to the game in under a month... I have no words.How about we wait and see how it plays out at least a few weeks before some of you declare this is the games death?! This is pure ignorance and ridiculous.
      We will see ,obviously I hope for the best :/ :thumbsup: