Outland Expansion Incoming!

    • Why not increase the size of Royal lands as well. Many of us, love to gather and make stuff, then sell, or use it to become better at crafting. We FF, do War Camps, and even for me occocaisingly gank. Since the F2P, and the stripping of the land by the new players, it has just become even MORE of a grind. I may get 1/5 trees in royal lands and in BZ. It takes 4-5 times as long, to gather, and it has made it beyond acceptable for players. Go into red zones, in Royal, and you can bet you will be ganked. There are now 20 players roaming not just 2-3 that you could run/fight, and survive as a gatherer. The game has changed into something that I and many of those I have played with no longer enjoy.

      I have played at 2 a.m. and at 2 p.m. in BZ and Royals and the lands are stripped every single day. It is just part of the game that has been destroyed in F2P, and for me, I have been playing less and less. I loved this game, played WAY too much, but had fun, played with 100's of great people from all over the world.

      Now 3 players jump on a 4.1 tree when you are already chopping it. Now I just get sick of it, and sick of playing. This is really sad for me. I played 4-6 hours 3-5 days a week. Yep, too much, but I had fun. Now I'm barely playing. No loss I guess, to AO. I mean I have 3 paid full year accounts. Im not a founder, but I came into the game soon after. I bought the Packs, I've even purchased gold. I wanted to keep AO going and be a good user. So I guess all these free players will give you something....hopefully they will pay like those of us who have paid and played since the start.

      The game is less fun, too crowded, and well.......Summer is coming!
      Live, Laugh, Play :)
    • The massive increases incoming to black zone land should greatly increase the potential gathering places for you Lady. However that does make me think that since black zone has limited amounts of T4/T5 resource we are going to have a serious bottle neck at the lower end resources specifically T5. Not enough zones in game have an abundance of T5.
    • Karu wrote:

      My favorite part is the people who can only see pvp in an arena environment. Just because I enjoy the randomness of open world pvp doesn’t mean I like to kill outnumbered. I don’t like hellgates, it’s structured pvp, there’s no thrill in finding a group in the wild. I know exactly the terrain I’m going to fight on vs exactly 5 people, shit is boring to me win or lose. As others have said, if I want to fight in that situation, I will just play a moba. There is no agree to disagree as you can’t tell me that I’m not allowed to enjoy open world pvp for my own reasons and making the world even larger makes MY experience less enjoyable as black zones during late hours are already fairly empty from where I’ve explored.
      LMAO. I love this post! My favorite part is "there is no agree to disagree...." ... I would like to say I disagree with that statement .
    • Eternalhaze wrote:

      @Korn

      PLEASE I beg you to bring in more gvg time windows with this upcoming land expansion. I've been playing this game for over two years and barely get to participate in any gvgs because my most active play time is from 0530 until daily maintenance.

      With the massive influx of players that have come in, I'm certain there's a lot of other players like myself that actively play during this window of time where there are 0 gvg times. What better time to include more players in more gvgs than with a land expansion?
      I support this message!
    • Dworf wrote:

      @Korn Please brother, show us aussies some love, been here since alpha and helped any way i can towards development, please give some Oceanic GvG zones :) Ya know i love your work
      hah? by placing them around australia and connecting to the main? even you do that, it wont solve anything. because the main is in new jersey.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by solventh ().

    • solventh wrote:

      Dworf wrote:

      @Korn Please brother, show us aussies some love, been here since alpha and helped any way i can towards development, please give some Oceanic GvG zones :) Ya know i love your work
      hah? by placing them around australia and connecting to the main? even you do that, it wont solve anything. because the main is in new jersey.
      We're talking about the gvg timers - the UTC numbers associated with each zone, not the location of physical servers...
    • Is everyone going to leave out the obvious? This all could simply be fixed if they reverted back to a 1 continent map. Put back in risk vs reward factor of going 3 zones through black zone, or 13 through yellow and red. It creates the choke points and open world pvp similar to eve, and was always the best map they had. This used to be a pvp favored game until the carebears cried in beta and they moved the big bad black zone out by itself.
    • Let me just explain to all people that are here crying for every possible reason there is.

      Royal continent is meant as new players zone. It is not meant for carebears but for new players to get started and learn the game. That is the reason why royal extension is not needed and pointless.

      SBI have made a very specific decision for Albion Online to be one server game. This worked well for the alpha/beta/release(not so much) but post release population dwindle was ok.
      As niche full loot PvP game that is B2P + Subscription (Premium is just mandatory in this game) the one realm decision is great one as it make the game feel alive even tho the population is lower.

      Free to play is totally different case. One realm approach is very very hard to pull off with only one realm.

      I have played free 2 play MMOs with world size similiar to albion that had over 100 realms. And realms were spliting on regular basis.

      Free to play model attracting players constantly even if small portion are retained in few months we will have huge huge problems.

      The new players will learn the game, they will progress and sooner or later they will have to move out of the new player area that is the royal continent.

      Once this happen Anglia will be as busy as royals are right now.

      If you can't add new realm then all you can do is extend the map so you can spread the players.

      For the people that remember albion release do we really want the same situation when you had 200 players from the same alliance in Mercia fame farming the T7 dungeon in 10 groups of 20?

      With 10 more groups of 20 just sitting outside waiting for their turn while defending the dungeon from enemies.

      This expansion is needed. I can forsee multiple expansions in the near future.
    • AcOrP wrote:

      Let me just explain to all people that are here crying for every possible reason there is.

      Royal continent is meant as new players zone. It is not meant for carebears but for new players to get started and learn the game. That is the reason why royal extension is not needed and pointless.

      SBI have made a very specific decision for Albion Online to be one server game. This worked well for the alpha/beta/release(not so much) but post release population dwindle was ok.
      As niche full loot PvP game that is B2P + Subscription (Premium is just mandatory in this game) the one realm decision is great one as it make the game feel alive even tho the population is lower.

      Free to play is totally different case. One realm approach is very very hard to pull off with only one realm.

      I have played free 2 play MMOs with world size similiar to albion that had over 100 realms. And realms were spliting on regular basis.

      Free to play model attracting players constantly even if small portion are retained in few months we will have huge huge problems.

      The new players will learn the game, they will progress and sooner or later they will have to move out of the new player area that is the royal continent.

      Once this happen Anglia will be as busy as royals are right now.

      If you can't add new realm then all you can do is extend the map so you can spread the players.

      For the people that remember albion release do we really want the same situation when you had 200 players from the same alliance in Mercia fame farming the T7 dungeon in 10 groups of 20?

      With 10 more groups of 20 just sitting outside waiting for their turn while defending the dungeon from enemies.

      This expansion is needed. I can forsee multiple expansions in the near future.
      It is true and i fully agree.