Outland Expansion Incoming!

• I shake my head slightly and realize that not long ago the community was asking for a decrease map size ... now we're expanding?

I understand thing's have changed not that there is a lot more of a community but .... I've a strong feeling that these land's will become so big again PVPing will become less appealing in blackzones due to the time it takes to find target's / being so much land to cover / etc ....

I really don't think the map needs equivalent size counterparts ... I was really hoping for the "one continent" idea but now it's turn into this ... (??)
      I think instead of these huge lands maybe ... one more continent would be ... decent .... actually i think that would be fuckin awesome, you map one decently big continent and have all the portals hooked up to it respectively so people can choose to either go west anglia and do "such" activity, or go into this mega continent where every city is connected to.
    • Azu_Raged wrote:

I shake my head slightly and realize that not long ago the community was asking for a decrease map size ... now we're expanding?

I understand thing's have changed not that there is a lot more of a community but .... I've a strong feeling that these land's will become so big again PVPing will become less appealing in blackzones due to the time it takes to find target's / being so much land to cover / etc ....

I really don't think the map needs equivalent size counterparts ... I was really hoping for the "one continent" idea but now it's turn into this ... (??)
      I think instead of these huge lands maybe ... one more continent would be ... decent .... actually i think that would be fuckin awesome, you map one decently big continent and have all the portals hooked up to it respectively so people can choose to either go west anglia and do "such" activity, or go into this mega continent where every city is connected to.
      pvp will become less appealing ? You seem like that type of person who just likes to pvp if you have the advantage and only likes ganking. If you want pvp action there is plenty in the hell gates, and that's forced pvp if you choose to do it. So idk what you mean by less appealing....
    • CMaK wrote:

Azu_Raged wrote:

I shake my head slightly and realize that not long ago the community was asking for a decrease map size ... now we're expanding?

pvp will become less appealing ? You seem like that type of person who just likes to pvp if you have the advantage and only likes ganking. If you want pvp action there is plenty in the hell gates, and that's forced pvp if you choose to do it. So idk what you mean by less appealing....
      are you like a troll or you actually just, that oblivious?
      i outlined my thoughts of how it would be less appealing.
      My preference of ganking has nothing to do with this.

You seem like that type of person that is a bully victim. you good?
      i condone bullying.

ps , 2 posts , r u new?
    • Azu_Raged wrote:

CMaK wrote:

Azu_Raged wrote:

are you like a troll or you actually just, that oblivious?i outlined my thoughts of how it would be less appealing.
      My preference of ganking has nothing to do with this.

i condone bullying.

ps , 2 posts , r u new?
      you mentioned it would be less appealing bc the map will be too big for you to find someone ... Then I introduced the idea of doing hell gates , as it is a forced pvp setting if you wanted to find people. Meaning people that enter want the fight. So you wouldnt have to scout this "big" new map looking for people...
    • CMaK wrote:

Azu_Raged wrote:

CMaK wrote:

Azu_Raged wrote:

are you like a troll or you actually just, that oblivious?i outlined my thoughts of how it would be less appealing.My preference of ganking has nothing to do with this.

i condone bullying.

ps , 2 posts , r u new?
      you mentioned it would be less appealing bc the map will be too big for you to find someone ... Then I introduced the idea of doing hell gates , as it is a forced pvp setting if you wanted to find people. Meaning people that enter want the fight. So you wouldnt have to scout this "big" new map looking for people...
      Not everyone enjoys forced 5v5 combat, some people like open world pvp. If I wanted to have only 5v5 pvp I would go play a moba
    • Tajger wrote:

CMaK wrote:

they also have 2v2 hell gates. Not just 5v5. I just think bigger map would be nice with the amount of new players. Agree to disagree .
      Bro, did you read the upcoming changes to outlands?
      I did. I was referring I like the incoming big map... My man was complaining it would be too big for finding people to pvp ... I don't know exactly what you are referring too. Bro, did you read the forums and replies above?
    • @Korn

PLEASE I beg you to bring in more gvg time windows with this upcoming land expansion. I've been playing this game for over two years and barely get to participate in any gvgs because my most active play time is from 0530 until daily maintenance.

With the massive influx of players that have come in, I'm certain there's a lot of other players like myself that actively play during this window of time where there are 0 gvg times. What better time to include more players in more gvgs than with a land expansion?
    • Eternalhaze wrote:

@Korn

PLEASE I beg you to bring in more gvg time windows with this upcoming land expansion. I've been playing this game for over two years and barely get to participate in any gvgs because my most active play time is from 0530 until daily maintenance.

With the massive influx of players that have come in, I'm certain there's a lot of other players like myself that actively play during this window of time where there are 0 gvg times. What better time to include more players in more gvgs than with a land expansion?
      yes please that would be mint
    • HolyKnight wrote:

Eternalhaze wrote:

@Korn

yes please that would be mint
      I would like to voice my support for this as well. With the influx of f2p there are more and more players from different timezones. With one fixed window for GvG, a percentage of players (e.g. Asia/oceanic) players will likely never be able to participate in these activities.

Of course, in the past having different windows mean that top players can potentially create alts to participate across all windows. But i believe this will be mitigated by the increase in number of territories. There shld be so many fights breaking out that one team just simply cannot contest them all.
    • I've said this on these forums before, but I feel like I need to say it again:

In my past post talking about gvg timers, the devs response was that it would really only benefit a small population of Asia/Oceanic and late NA degenerates like myself, but I don't really feel like I should have to argue as to whom it would benefit because it's a worldwide MMO. People from across the globe play it at different times, some more abnormal than others - and a six hour window with no gvgs for a game designed at it's core with gvg systems in mind is just kind of pitiful. That's 25% or a quarter of the day that there's literally no gvgs.

I think we deserve a better system than we have currently to include more time zones and more people overall and I think the new continent is the best way to do it. I understand that daily maintenance is a thing, but I have no doubt that SBI can come up with a solution to reduce this six hour window.

@Korn
    • Myringains wrote:

CMaK wrote:

Azu_Raged wrote:

CMaK wrote:

Azu_Raged wrote:

are you like a troll or you actually just, that oblivious?i outlined my thoughts of how it would be less appealing.My preference of ganking has nothing to do with this.
      i condone bullying.

ps , 2 posts , r u new?
      Not everyone enjoys forced 5v5 combat, some people like open world pvp. If I wanted to have only 5v5 pvp I would go play a moba
      I agree on 100%. Some people don't like fair fight. They are thieves and gankers. Like I said many times to smal weenie to fair fight. Better is now go and attack 3 vs 1 newbie.
      Now in this game fair PvP is very rare. For example on the royals.
      Hostiles kill getherers few vs 1.
      Blue kill hostiles few vs 1 or bigger team vs few.
    • CMaK wrote:

Tajger wrote:

CMaK wrote:

they also have 2v2 hell gates. Not just 5v5. I just think bigger map would be nice with the amount of new players. Agree to disagree .
      Bro, did you read the upcoming changes to outlands?
      I did. I was referring I like the incoming big map... My man was complaining it would be too big for finding people to pvp ... I don't know exactly what you are referring too. Bro, did you read the forums and replies above?

np, If you reffered to the incoming map changes then it's fine. I thought you didn't know it by saying 'I just think bigger map would be nice'. Yea, And I agree that there will be a problem of finding people on the maps. Unless the activity of players won't decrease, it will be fine.
    • My favorite part is the people who can only see pvp in an arena environment. Just because I enjoy the randomness of open world pvp doesn’t mean I like to kill outnumbered. I don’t like hellgates, it’s structured pvp, there’s no thrill in finding a group in the wild. I know exactly the terrain I’m going to fight on vs exactly 5 people, shit is boring to me win or lose. As others have said, if I want to fight in that situation, I will just play a moba. There is no agree to disagree as you can’t tell me that I’m not allowed to enjoy open world pvp for my own reasons and making the world even larger makes MY experience less enjoyable as black zones during late hours are already fairly empty from where I’ve explored.
      Brosquad Treehouse
    • Karu wrote:

My favorite part is the people who can only see pvp in an arena environment. Just because I enjoy the randomness of open world pvp doesn’t mean I like to kill outnumbered. I don’t like hellgates, it’s structured pvp, there’s no thrill in finding a group in the wild. I know exactly the terrain I’m going to fight on vs exactly 5 people, shit is boring to me win or lose. As others have said, if I want to fight in that situation, I will just play a moba. There is no agree to disagree as you can’t tell me that I’m not allowed to enjoy open world pvp for my own reasons and making the world even larger makes MY experience less enjoyable as black zones during late hours are already fairly empty from where I’ve explored.
      Late hours are fairly empty? Apparently you haven't been to Mercia BZs (such as flintslice, alderwood, elmwood, etc) then..