Outland Expansion Incoming!

• I fully understand the reason for the expansion of the map, even because we are talking about something that was foreseen since Galahad.
      When the game really had very few active players, this concept was created to be adjustable to the number of players in game.

With a simple mapping system...

... which could be expanded (always maintaining a single High zone, adding 1Mid and 2Low each time.)

... even go to the extreme!

At this point in the game, I believe that this addition will make a good difference as it will spread the players, in addition to creating new opportunities for those who were locked from the BZ due to existing forces.
      The map increase goes without a shadow of doubt making life difficult for the existing forces to control all the map, the way they did it so far, due to its greatness, but... and yes we have one "But"!

The game's current problems (the existing power projection and the new portal system) doesn't solved with this map expansion! :cursing:

Major alliances have already created their contingency plan to bypass the new portal system, and you SBI have helped with the fame bonus in past days. tks! :whistling:

Almost all the players have created new accounts and have been levelling these new alt's to have one character for each portal and thus can continue to control the entire map, having only the task of changing characters between maps instead of changing portals between maps or suicide between maps... etc!
      At this beginning of season 6 we will see if this is not the case. I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that this portal system doesn't solve anything, it only creates new unnecessary situations in the game.

If we keep in the game everything that motivates the players to move on the map in this way, things will remain the same, regardless of any mechanism that is created or any map size.

With the future Avalon Map (not this expansion) then yes, things will be able to be more controllable, because with a circular BZ map all the end game is in a single place and these Power Projection is almost null and many of the new created accounts to circumvent the current portal system will become obsolete.

Currently 90% of the guilds in Caerleon are fighting only in the High BZ and top Mid BZ being Low BZ handed only played by half a dozen guilds, with this change it may be that things will reverse and players spread more, lets see!

I hope you take advantage from this new map to take notes on the size for the future Avalon Map. :thumbup:
      And thank you for realizing in a timely manner that this increase of players would bring to the game in no time. <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by LordSilva ().

• Good Morning,

I do not agree with this change, my guild is established in martlock, when we go around in low black to do gank, we walk maps and maps running inside them and we find NOBODY, because low black has many maps with no purpose whatsoever practically dead, now you want to increase those maps even more?

Do you think that just by increasing what you already have today, will something change about small guilds gaining a GVG?

Simply the big alliances will take all of your new maps as always ... So we went back to the same old conversation?
      Why do not you soon reduce the size of an alliance ???

Thank you,
    • LegoLasSs wrote:

...my guild is established in martlock, when we go around in low black to do gank, we walk maps and maps running inside them and we find NOBODY, because low black has many maps with no purpose whatsoever practically dead, now you want to increase those maps even more?
      Taking into account that the new players have not even left royal island... as is normal they will popular these more deserted areas.

And as I pointed out, the vast majority of old players are playing mostly in Caerleon, so Low Black is almost deserted. (you go to High BZ and kill the hundreds of DoorGankers roaming the place) lol
    • I feel there should be some black zone areas that are relatively safe (not over crowded with constant contact). If new players trying to explore in black just always immediately get ganked they have no incentive to return. There needs to be places in black that allow players to at least make a tad bit of money before burning thru sets in death. Whether the current map would have fit this is unknown but adding more zones will for sure add some areas of relative safety.

Hopefully an expanded world where it is not so easy to camp all portals will lead to these overcrowded Royal areas moving out to black. That makes it more fun for the killers and the fresh meat. The making money to death ratio just needs to be balanced to get the new players out here to black!
    • This expansion looks good , i think you guys should change how shiny resources are distributed , the only problem is everyone wants to be in mercia for the shiny resources and the extra fame whatever , instead of having green yellow and red zones you should make all zones equal instead of mercia having the better shiny rates , you could make it so the deeper you are in a continent the better the shiny rate and fame whatever that way people would spread out more instead of everyone being in mercia i hope you get what i mean
    • LegoLasSs wrote:

I do not agree with this change, my guild is established in martlock, when we go around in low black to do gank, we walk maps and maps running inside them and we find NOBODY, because low black has many maps with no purpose whatsoever practically dead, now you want to increase those maps even more?
      FFS. Seriously? Ten times the population .. levelling and preparing to move to the red then black zones? You do the math ... its called contingency planning.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Im worried about this plans. In fact more space doesnt solve any problems at their root and only helps short-term.
      Problems I see:
      1. GvG szene will not get more diversity. It will be the same guilds and alliances contesting the new lands because they are accessible like the now existing lands.
      2. New players will get camped at the portal zones and wont come to enter any further zones for the most, which is a problematic design imo.
      3. Behind the portal zones there is so many of t4-t6 ressource zones. Make them more accessible! Dont create more of this kind of land which will be dead 2 weaks after the change. I play this game for 2 years and lately before the f2p release and rd ppenworld feld not alive. Anglia and Cumbria had nothing to offer anymore. You couldnt go out there to PvP because u wouldt find anybody in an hour. Openworld feld already dead. Dont bring it back. This game lives from player encoutners and not from solo gathering in a whole zone for urself. Redisgn the existing land and dont make it bigger!
    • Midgard wrote:

LegoLasSs wrote:

FFS. Seriously? Ten times the population .. levelling and preparing to move to the red then black zones? You do the math ... its called contingency planning.
      F2P hype ??? you undestand it?? -. Population will decay soon , will still high but go to decay BASIC LOGIC AND MATH , cumbria and anglia dont look full or medium hight , look like low population and mid population... you think the current newbies in royal zone later will go to bz and full it , you are pretty innocent. You reprobed calculus and odds/statistics

The post was edited 1 time, last by marg93 ().

• There is a lot of new players in red zones. This means that they are not afraid of full loot pvp. So, there is hope, that this idea will succeed.

BUT

Everyone should have secure access to black zones. Something like neutral camp in portal (or port) location. Similar to Forest Cross or other safe zones after tutorial. Outside of the location, only black zones. Reduce the number of portals. Do not allow people, to transfer from royals to outlands with equipment. Force them, to build everything from the scratch. That would give a new life to this part of world.

And, this is my dream, stop the resets! Let the war continue. Similar to EVE Online 0.0 mechanic. Domination. Conquer. Pacts and betrayals. Guerillas, raiders and pirates. True spirit of sandbox :love:

Limit GvG seasons only to the Royal Continent. To the Faction guilds. To encourage them to compete for something more than just silver. Thats my dream... :sleeping:
      I will not be a page in someone else’s history book.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Slava ().

• Tabor wrote:

I feel there should be some black zone areas that are relatively safe (not over crowded with constant contact). If new players trying to explore in black just always immediately get ganked they have no incentive to return. There needs to be places in black that allow players to at least make a tad bit of money before burning thru sets in death. Whether the current map would have fit this is unknown but adding more zones will for sure add some areas of relative safety.

Hopefully an expanded world where it is not so easy to camp all portals will lead to these overcrowded Royal areas moving out to black. That makes it more fun for the killers and the fresh meat. The making money to death ratio just needs to be balanced to get the new players out here to black!
      That is the purpose of the Royal continent. Do you know how easy it is to replace t4-t5 pvp gear? One month in the royal and they should be making enough money. There is no need to make black zone safer, that will be very bad for the game. What new players need to understand is that replacing gear is very cheap....as long as you carry the right gear. They need to lose that fear of losing cheap gear.
    • Termination wrote:

Why would you do this? This seems counter-intuitive to what you really need. Which is to limit the amount of territories and guild/alliance can control so there is continuous war. Adding space, just like in beta 2 resulted in dead zones.
      to be honest your solution looks fair but it actually goes against the game's purpose, i don't like the idea of strongest guilds holding shiton of terries but i dont think limiting is the solution, even not liking it, some people do pvp 24/7 so thats everything to them,but on the other side even pvp players are forced to pve only when low rep, now pve players like me, should have some choices, its like do pvp or get stuck, it shouldnt be like that, i do like som pvp its cool sometimes, but i dont want to feel that im not progressing, i like to pve a get all i want then do pvp for fun, not being forced, i brough premium but bh not feeling the game anymore.