Outland Expansion Incoming!

• Fusionbomb wrote:

Zahi wrote:

Before this game became free to play I had to do my best in order to find fights and sometimes even single people. Now I log in, port somewhere in Mercia and get a fight within minutes. More zones means fewer players per zone and currently I think there's a healthy amount of players in every zone. Why not implement this slowly? Like one Cumbria sized continent at a time? This is way too much.
      Run 2man HGs if you're looking for a fight.
      Stupid response... This is a mmo not a moba -. that guy surely speak about open world. Open world pvp will be weak with this new patch ,disperse people never will be good, we dont have so much people for split it.

Bad patch.
    • Test the guild season points point spread allocation across entire alliance change this season you had already discussed several months ago. Power projection from mass numbers needs to be curtailed and you will also see more of the red zone crowd move out in black. Alliances with 1k+ people in them have no business whining that people will not venture into their zones to be zerged down.
    • We all come back to LIMIT THE FU****G ALLIANCE SIZE.

stop putting your head in sand and limit the alliance size instead of trying any fu****g way to keep 2000 top player with UNLIMITED RESOURCE for not owning all lands and leaving a spot to noob.

1. Limit the alliance to a set number of player/guild.

2. Set that if alliance own one territory in BZ it forfeit all the territory in Royal. (except town)

3. Make that a GvG team is only able to attack/defend 1 zone per day.

4. See the improvement.
    • How about combining this with some true incentive to actually own territory along with some mechanics to deter, or make compoundingly more difficult, the ability to mass own:

Guild cap 300, alliance cap 900.

Sliding scale rewards based on number of territories owned, more territory, more increase:

-harvest and fame bonus in the cluster
      -% energy production increase
      -% refine increase better than city (for town plots)

However, the more territory owned the more “war fatigue” you incur:

-% additional reduction in IP scaling
      -% reduction in hp/dmg past a certain point

So cluster based where you own territory (regarding harvest and fame bonus). Compounding % increase in energy production and refinement bonus (these are going to be small sums that add up) to add some initial value back to territories. % reduction in IP scaling and hp/dmg in GvG only thereby making global conquest scaling in difficulty to defend.

Find your blend. Stay where you are and defend what you have, comfort for your guild/alliance. Expand globally and play hard mode due to reductions etc.

EDIT: I'd combine this with another concept I presented internally of ZvZ claimable plots and I think you'd have a pretty well rounded Outland experience that would allow competitive gameplay from all types of players.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kostan ().

• Kostan wrote:

How about combining this with some true incentive to actually own territory along with some mechanics to deter, or make compoundingly more difficult, the ability to mass own:

Guild cap 300, alliance cap 900.

Sliding scale rewards based on number of territories owned, more territory, more increase:

-harvest and fame bonus in the cluster
      -% energy production increase
      -% refine increase better than city (for town plots)

However, the more territory owned the more “war fatigue” you incur:

-% additional reduction in IP scaling
      -% reduction in hp/dmg past a certain point

So cluster based where you own territory (regarding harvest and fame bonus). Compounding % increase in energy production and refinement bonus (these are going to be small sums that add up) to add some initial value back to territories. % reduction in IP scaling and hp/dmg in GvG only thereby making global conquest scaling in difficulty to defend.

Find your blend. Stay where you are and defend what you have, comfort for your guild/alliance. Expand globally and play hard mode due to reductions etc.

EDIT: I'd combine this with another concept I presented internally of ZvZ claimable plots and I think you'd have a pretty well rounded Outland experience that would allow competitive gameplay from all types of players.
      I totally AGREE WITH YOU 100%. I hope one day devs listen to us. All the new changes are bullshit until the cap Alliances, but looks like they don't give a fuck.
    • Eltharyon wrote:

Maybe some player numbers will help as reference for why we made this decision: The current player numbers are about 10 times higher than they have been for the past year, significantly higher than the game was at launch and probably 60 times the player numbers of Beta 2.

Even assuming a massive dropoff in player numbers after the initial hype ends, we feel pretty confident there'll be enough players populating the Outlands.

It will take a few weeks to months for the players to migrate to the Outlands, but the wave is coming.
      This pretty much sums it up for the arithmetically retarded amongst you.

Map size hasn’t even doubled yet the population is ten times higher than at any time in the past year. How on those numbers do people think the BZ will be dead? Imbeciles.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • SBI, the idea does sounds good but....you are adding new content for the new players...content that they will not see. Why?

The big alliances will probabily claim those new territories.
      The new guilds formed are going to be small, how will those small guilds be able to compete with the current mega alliances?

This update makes no sense to me. The expansion seems way too big, and you are just ignoring the real problem: Mega alliances.
    • Midgard wrote:

Eltharyon wrote:

Tal vez algunos números jugador ayudarán como referencia para qué tomamos esta decisión: El reproductor actuales son aproximadamente 10 veces más alto que lo han sido durante el último año, significativamente más alto que el juego fue en el lanzamiento y probablemente 60 veces el número de jugadores de Beta 2.

Aun suponiendo una pendiente masivo en el número de jugadores después de que termine el bombo inicial, nos sentimos bastante seguros de que habrá suficientes jugadores que pueblan las Tierras Exteriores.

Se llevará un par de semanas o meses para que los jugadores emigran a las Tierras Exteriores, pero la ola que viene.
      Este bonito mucho resume todo para retrasados aritméticamente entre ustedes.
      Tamaño del mapa ni siquiera se ha duplicado la población todavía es diez veces más alto que en cualquier momento durante el año pasado. Como en esos números piensa la gente del BZ estará muerto? Imbéciles.
      F2P hype and great population is just it , Hype... if you think we will still bringing this population numbers surely you are stupid.

The post was edited 1 time, last by marg93 ().

• This change is necessery for new players. Most of new still sit on yellow zones because is only 1-2 week after FtP.
      But I see other big problem. Stil we have only 2-3 portals so on very high population this portals are lock for many teams of gankers or zergs.

I see that now main problem that maps are empty is lock portals by zergs and gank squads so many players can't leave first map.
    • I just want to say from a developers point of view.

“Copy and paste” maps don’t exist lol.

Even if even if! They did copy and paste some of the map code it will still take hours upon hours to do this. And to get it even half way right.

Let me tell you a secret.

When you copy and paste code, it NEVER works the first time the way you want it to.

I for one am happy about it.

More area to roam around.

Thanks!
    • Starseed wrote:

-Underpopulation
      I don't have the data, but I'm guessing that Anglia & Cumbria zones are relatively unpopulated right now. Mercia has clearly been active, due to the higher level zones there resulting in better RD fame. Simply adding more low demand zones probably won't spread the actual player population out more.
      Cumbria hasn't had the size of zergs that mercia has (CV and adjacent basically have armies stationed), but it's been very busy during the off season with groups 5-20