Mining T4-T5 - how?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Mining T4-T5 - how?

New

I have not got enough LP to get to expert mining so can't use those T5 tools for better ores etc - I don't know how to get to T5 quickly enough. Is there something I'm missing? Iron ore is so contested that it's rare to find any not depleted.

I know of going to Black Zones for lots and lots of T4 nodes but I just KNOW the moment I get there the gankers will just somehow know a gatherer looking to level his craft has arrived and they'll sniff me out.

Any advice?
    • New

Samashaus wrote:

I have not got enough LP to get to expert mining so can't use those T5 tools for better ores etc - I don't know how to get to T5 quickly enough. Is there something I'm missing? Iron ore is so contested that it's rare to find any not depleted.

I know of going to Black Zones for lots and lots of T4 nodes but I just KNOW the moment I get there the gankers will just somehow know a gatherer looking to level his craft has arrived and they'll sniff me out.

Any advice?
      Keep mining... it's tedious I know... :/ (T8 Ore, T7 Cloth)

Try to uhm... don't mine in the zones right next to the cities?
    • New

look up on escape builds and practice practice practice, as a gatherer myself i always go to the black zones because there is an abundance of recourses.

Tip 1 is to put sfx on max and things like ingame music off, you can often hear people approaching you before their names show up on the screen.

Tip 2. Always have an escape plan, know the lay of the area so that you do not corner yourself by accident when being chased.

Tip 3. Never expect someone to be alone!

Tip 4. You hear something coming? Stop gathering and jump on your mount and run for it.

Tip 5. Never carry to much in your inventory. If you get dismounted and encumbered because you dont have the weight bonus your mount gives its over for you.

Tip 6. Dont overstay to long in a spot.

Tip 7. Armored horses and direwolfs are a good choice for blackzone gathering.

I usually keep myself to these rules and i rarely get caught.

Another thing is that a lot of gank groups dont have a solid plan to catch gatherers they just chase em around and hope they fuck up during the pursuit.

Other then that you just have tp exerience it for yourself.
    • New

It is all risk/reward Samas. If you choose to gather right next to cities and complete safe locations it will make your progress much slower. If you expand deeper into the Royals or black you level much faster. You can also learn where to navigate in black to be fairly safe but it is never a guarantee. Stay away from roads obvious high traffic paths in black greatly reduces risk.