Cant compete from AUS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cant compete from AUS

New

So,

I am just wondering does SBI have any intentions of creating other servers, like an EU and OCE one? this game is currently unplayable from Australia due to 350+ ping to a NA server.

Which is weird because other game titles that are based out of NA usually have 180-220ms ping from a AUS connection.

Before anyone asks about my connection i have a stable 25mb down and 25mb upload.

@Korn @Talion @Elsa

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks <3
    • New

They said on an albionTV live stream a few days ago that they didn't want to open new servers in case a merge is needed down the line (merging 2 economies can be catastrophic).

They also said they understood that player numbers are high and think once the f2p hype is gone the population growth might slow down and they aren't expecting everyone to stay.

The best suggestion that could help with the situation you're in is to look into a VPN , the culprit could be your isp and the route you're sent to connect to the server. Some Vpns can help and provide a better route to the server reducing your lag.

I feel for you and the frustration this is causing (I've been in this boat for other games I've played in the past). I hope if you decide to go the VPN route that it helps with your ping <3
      My Referral Link: albiononline.com/?ref=PUNXMV31W4
    • New

FlashEtte wrote:

The best suggestion that could help with the situation you're in is to look into a VPN , the culprit could be your isp and the route you're sent to connect to the server. Some Vpns can help and provide a better route to the server reducing your lag.

I feel for you and the frustration this is causing (I've been in this boat for other games I've played in the past). I hope if you decide to go the VPN route that it helps with your ping <3
      Yeaaah, some of us already have a VPN, and that hasn't fixed the Ping issue...
      Guild Leader - [PAWN STARS] - an Australian Guild!
      Our Recruitment Post
    • New

Im so sorry to hear that , I wish I had a better solution to offer but a VPN is pretty much the last ditch effort to solve the issue you guys and girls are dealing with now.

Another server for eu would probably help alot but the problem I'm sure SBI are dealing with is the cost and the work to put to get a new server up when there is no garuntee it's truly needed as they are unsure how many of the f2p players are going to stay once the hype dies down. I know it's terrible having to deal with 300+ ping (that's absolutely crazy) but all that's left after a VPN is pray enough players come in from eu promoting them to rethink an eu server (the server was originally eu but was moved to na (Washington DC I believe) which is not garunteed that they will.
    • New

Dworf wrote:

So,

I am just wondering does SBI have any intentions of creating other servers, like an EU and OCE one? this game is currently unplayable from Australia due to 350+ ping to a NA server.

Which is weird because other game titles that are based out of NA usually have 180-220ms ping from a AUS connection.

Before anyone asks about my connection i have a stable 25mb down and 25mb upload.

@Korn @Talion @Elsa

Thanks <3
      Hey Dworf,

can you re-check after today's update to see if there is an improvement?

Also, which ISP do you use?
    • New

Just so you know, I have an average of 40 ms and since free to play came in, my double blade W(stun run) been doing this quite often.... the packet loss patch corrected a lot of these issues but it was doing it yesterday in the townplot fight... Im hopeing the fps fix from today corrected that when being in laggy situation....
    • New

Korn wrote:

Dworf wrote:

So,

@Korn @Talion @Elsa

Thanks <3
      Hey Dworf,
      can you re-check after today's update to see if there is an improvement?

Also, which ISP do you use?
      Hey Korn, will check as soon as i get home from work. :)

I use Optus as my ISP and like i said i have a stable 25mb Upload/Download connection.

I have done ping tests to other NA servers on various games and the highest ping i received was 250ms so that is what has led me to believe something is wrong with routing from AUS to your NA servers.

Thanks for the replies btw guys and i am also a long time player who has played since closed Alpha, this has always been a problem and not a result of the current F2P release. Just something i would like to try and get resolved if their is infact an issue so myself and all australians can enjoy this GREAT GAME!!!

Thanks.
    • New

My ping is quite stable at 30-50 and im located in Ontario. None of the games I play have ping higher then that. Its sounding like this is an isp issue that your expecting devs to fix for you.

forgot to mention that i have 25mb download and 8mb upload and have no issues...

so for you to have 25mbs/25mbs and a ping of 300+ means
      A)your speeds are a lie and exaggerated
      B) this is an isp issue and caused by how they are directing you to the server. Contact your isp

The post was edited 1 time, last by FlashEtte ().

• New

FlashEtte wrote:

My ping is quite stable at 30-50 and im located in Ontario. None of the games I play have ping higher then that. Its sounding like this is an isp issue that your expecting devs to fix for you.
      Yeah, you do know Ontario is Extremely Close to Washington DC in regards to the distance... 30-50ms is actually pretty slow, you should be getting 10-20ms.

But then you have to consider OUR Connection is from the OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD... so, unfortunately we WILL get pings of 200ms+.
      It's not an ISP issue... it's a distance to the Server issue.
      It will Always be a Distance to the Server Issue...
      Our Recruitment Post
    • New

WulfricNick wrote:

FlashEtte wrote:

Yeah, you do know Ontario is Extremely Close to Washington DC in regards to the distance... 30-50ms is actually pretty slow, you should be getting 10-20ms.
      But then you have to consider OUR Connection is from the OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD... so, unfortunately we WILL get pings of 200ms+.
      you do realize depending on how your isp directs you to the server could actually increase the distance increasing your ping right? If you aren't familiar with this I can give you a tutorial on how to use WinMTR to ping the server and check how many times your being redirected. Your ping could be lower -100 ping if you're being directed in a reasonable route but if they are directing you and bouncing you off excess nodes to reach the server you will have issues.

Dworf wrote:

Thats what im getting at, i think the routing from the Australian ISP's to the NA AO servers are wrong, i think we are routing through too many ports or not taking the shortest path.
      This is a terrible issue and a lot of isp do this to their customers which lead to people believing that its a games issue when in fact its your isp that's the culprit.
    • New

FlashEtte wrote:

WulfricNick wrote:

FlashEtte wrote:

Yeah, you do know Ontario is Extremely Close to Washington DC in regards to the distance... 30-50ms is actually pretty slow, you should be getting 10-20ms.But then you have to consider OUR Connection is from the OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD... so, unfortunately we WILL get pings of 200ms+.
      you do realize depending on how your isp directs you to the server could actually increase the distance increasing your ping right? If you aren't familiar with this I can give you a tutorial on how to use WinMTR to ping the server and check how many times your being redirected. Your ping could be lower -100 ping if you're being directed in a reasonable route but if they are directing you and bouncing you off excess nodes to reach the server you will have issues.
      I have actually worked in the Technical Support area of the biggest Telecommunications company in Australia, I know how it all works.
      And yes, they might "Increase" it... but the margin isn't as big as you might consider. If anything it would be 20-30ms difference.
      The Major issue is the distance from the server... and that is a long distance away, compared to you. (~1,517km as the Crow flies compared to ~15,700km)
      Our Recruitment Post