Little trader adventures

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• jojetski wrote:

Lots of plots for sale in bridgewatch now.
      Seems like they are trying to liquidate everything they can right now. I don't craft much on Thetford but today I notice that most crafting stations have 150% fees and a few at reasonable fees, my guess is they are trying to consume as much food as possible and do the same as Bridgewatch.

Overall I don't like the change on bids, we move from a system where few can make profit with a high entrance fee to a system where probably will be cheaper to enter and almost everyone will lose... except for the people that want to own a craft station to reduce crafting cost on a monthly basis.
    • I bit more than a month since the last update and seems like a lot of time, lot of things have changed. First of all, sorry but I couldn't track this auction cycle I had a busy day and just arrived to house at the night and didn't even try.

In other news some things have changed, I was the guild master of a small guild and we were growing slowly but steady "I was" because we decided to merge with another guild which is more PvP oriented called "Oath of blood" which is a member of Arch alliance. After a long talk and goals for the future we agree to merge, my guild is still alive with an alt just in case.

Last month I lose money! while overinvesting on my new labourers and setting my alts properly at some point I was -85m but ended with -49.8m

Some things to notice is that I bought a Mammoth for 26.8m, build up 2 new laborers island (with personal islands) and stored plenty of materials. As you can imaginate at the end of the month I didn't have enough money for the auction cycle.

This month I want another 2 new islands (already built one) and going to take it easy this month to get some money.

My current labourer setup:

- 1 Personal island with T7 blacksmith (33 labourers)
      - 2 Personal island with T6 blacksmith (66 labourers)
      - 1 Personal island with T6 Imbuer (33 labourers)
      - 3 guild islands with T6/T7 Tinkers (63 T7 and 45 T6)
      - 1 personal island leveling up imbuer

August plans:

- leveling up my new island to T6
      - Make another island with imbuer and upgrade the first one with T7.
      - Learn basics about PvP
      - Make a lot more runs to caerleon

Some progression:

Blacksmith

Cloths:

Finally getting some weapon crafting, my guild eat a lot of claws

My profile so far

The first 10 days of the month seems decent so far (which is usually the moment where I spend more money)

By the way, if someone missed it I made a thread about T4 solo random dungeons

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cidragon ().

• It's been a while since my last post, for a couple of months I was quite busy then I didn't really wanted to play and then vacations time. I just comeback to normal day to day and wanted to give Albion another try but probably will change my market strategy.

Some sad things I didn't know that you lose on 60 days your stuffs on the mail so I probably lose between 100-200m there but surprisingly I still own 101m on 2 accounts, around 1200 T7 books and 650 T6 books + all my slaves + about 15k T7 refined materials. I'm pretty sure that I owned 3 accounts but can't remember the last one :P

Before login I had my finger crossed hoping for having enough $$ for a month but looks like my economy still decently healthy. Let's see what will happen this time.
    • Cidragon wrote:

It's been a while since my last post, for a couple of months I was quite busy then I didn't really wanted to play and then vacations time. I just comeback to normal day to day and wanted to give Albion another try but probably will change my market strategy.

Some sad things I didn't know that you lose on 60 days your stuffs on the mail so I probably lose between 100-200m there but surprisingly I still own 101m on 2 accounts, around 1200 T7 books and 650 T6 books + all my slaves + about 15k T7 refined materials. I'm pretty sure that I owned 3 accounts but can't remember the last one :P

Before login I had my finger crossed hoping for having enough $$ for a month but looks like my economy still decently healthy. Let's see what will happen this time.
      LOL. Should have written some stuff down! Welcome back.
    • Cidragon wrote:

It's been a while since my last post, for a couple of months I was quite busy then I didn't really wanted to play and then vacations time. I just comeback to normal day to day and wanted to give Albion another try but probably will change my market strategy.

Sounds like you came back in prime shape to press resume on the gold press?

Do we get future updates?
    • Took me a while to make a new update, the first week I was pretty much reactivating my old ways of making silver, improving my spreadsheets and looking for a new group of people to play with.

I really want to change a bit my way to make gold and tried different things, with my small trading experience I can say that there are really 2 ways to play the market with high profits, either to make high volume trading with small profits but high enough volume to make it worth it or you make those big fat trades but 1 at a time. Tried the second option at first picking high value mounts, in my mind prices should have a high enough margin thanks to the new tax on the market so people could be more willing to buy/sell them on trade chat but quickly discovered that most players aren't really willing to negotiate and prices were so close to the market value that never saw a really good trade, maybe I was looking for the wrong mounts or my margins were too high but after a week I made 0 of those trades.

After my failed attempts I tried to look for some high volume trades but quickly realize that the new tax system killed a lot of those trades and tooke me a while to find some of them, not a big deal but can make like 300-500k a daily without doing much but there is still a lot of margin to improve.

Another thing that I decided to give it a shot was to buy a couple grizzly bears, I think it's a decent mount that do the job and was been trading for 3m before march, of course that was probably his higher value thanks to not new mounts being introduced for a year but no doubt that will gain some value after this month, bought around 25 not a big deal and want to sold them for 30% profit (I need fast cash), bought all of them in the range of 1m - 1.1m so the mark is around 1.4 - 1.5m thinking about tax.

My goal right now is to make around 2m daily doing just trading (not counting my islands obviously) on the regular market if I find a few good flips the target should be very doable, not a huge target but I prefer to start small and then make new ones on the run.

I wasn't really recording my trades this month so no monthly earning this time.
    • Quite a busy month for me, first let's me show the overall transaction this month

At the beginning of the month I was as always trying to find new markets, after a while found 2 good ones one for mounts (maybe you saw me post them on trade chat) and a high volume trade. Those are mostly posted on Mounts and Flips portion of the spreadsheet. As you can see between both of them I did around 60m this month but a few of those profit were from Grizzly bears which I sold at around 1.6m a bit better than expected so the total profit was around 30-35m which is very good to be honest considering that I only spent the first 2 weeks of the month doing that. Why did I stop doing something very profitable?

On the bottom right of my overall month pic you can see how a friend loan me 500m, this was a loan with 5% interest monthly exactly like the bank of Caerleon. How did I spent the money? well, on the left side of the table is quite obvious where all the money went, more islands. the way I'm using them right now is while in practice almost the same I change some things, first of all the new islands are in royal cities, I made 2 fletcher T6 guild island with 51 laborers in Lymhurst and could easily x5 that number, the lymhurst crafting bonus is just too good, boots, helmet and weapon bonus is sick. Another 2 Blacksmith T6 guild island with 51 laborers in Martlock mostly because I already knew that market and seems like a natural expansion of the market for me. Not sure yet if this was a good idea but at the beginning of the month I also made 2 guild halls on Caerleon with T7 Fletcher at that point I didn't really risk travels from royals to Caerleon. With the loan I also made 2 guild halls T8 on Caerleon too 1 for Blacksmith and another one for Fletcher, I didn't know very well the T8 market so right now I'm only crafting them with focus.

The very first big change with all this island movement is to delegate, now I pay people to run my islands and while a huge amount of time has moved to the people I pay you have new problems: deal with people. So far I haven't running really big problems, just 1 person that I paid for a few days and stop showing up. Overall I'm paying 3k per laborer or 150k per T6 island with 51 laborers, another option are personal island with 33 laborers I pay 100k but also allow people to use the farms because I really don't use them but in the future (probably far future) I will. Another task to delegate was the transport, I'm working with a guy that cost me 5% of the transport value (according to market value) which in most cases is around 3m-5m per run. While isn't really hard to make your own runs it's probably the most stressful and not enjoyable thing to do in the game and I'm happy to pay 5% in exchange.

The second change is what I'm crafting, so far I was crafting only regular armor 100% of the time now I can start crafting artifact armor (the cheap rune one) for more profit and get that sweet fame to boost the spec. Started to craft weapons too but so far I has been a weird field to enter, most weapons fill between 1.5 - 1.75 books on T6 and 1.5 - 2 books on T7 so crafting them on break even or a little lose is actually possible but when you start to factor how much you pay to people run the laborers and how much you're losing crafting items and on top of that the transport fee it's hard to determinate if they worth or not, is money more important or the ability to fill the crafting tree?

How long will take me to pay this loan? isn't so simple but I can throw some numbers, first let's count the amount of laborers I have:
      T6 = 366
      T7 = 141
      T8 = 30

I'm paying to run 270 of those laborers and made a spreadsheet to see how much profit each laborer make: here. Now this spreadsheet isn't entirely accurate, first I'm assuming that every resource you get is flat which isn't true, second I'm counting the caerleon market price which is always higher than other places so they kind of balance out, another factor is that I'm buying the materials cheaper than market value and finally, how do I count the margins when I'm crafting in a lose with my own laborers materials? so confused right now.

Some final thoughts about how long will take me to pay the 500m loan but it's a fit confusing and probably just wrong:

Let's for a second image that my numbers are right and let's pick on scenario where I'm losing money crafting around 20% of the value, another one with break even.

Losing 20% value:

Picking T6 fletcher daily return is about 21k, I would need a bit more than 2 mercenary shoes to fill a book to make it a 20% lose something of this following must check:

Crafting cost:

leather: 4000 silver each (super expensive)
      fee: around 1000 silver (huge fees)
      transport: another 1000 silver aprox
      returned value: 8000 silver (with 25% return)

total cost: 32000 - 8000 + 1000 + 1000 = 26000

selling for maybe 22k on the black market for 95,5% of the value thanks to market fees is around 21010 silver or a 4990 lose which close to 20% lose. Because I need to craft a bit more than 2 to fill a book (2.1?) that's 10000 silver lose but get back 20000 silver in return for the books minus 3000 for payment. so every crafting that takes 20% Using this assumption on every tier of laborers and just thinking in all laborers as being workers with some following numbers appear:

T6: 366 * 7000 = 2.562.000
      T7: 141 * 18700 = 2.636.700
      T8: 30 * 53000 = 1.590.000

daily profit = 6.788.700
      monthly profit = 203.661.000

In this example it would take me around 3 month to get the 500m + 75m on interest

I would say that maybe 10% of my crafting enter in the losing category, mostly in new market that I was trying to play around and after finding out that wasn't worth it just quit.

Break even:

Not real need to make some mats I would get the full material value from the laborers - worker payment

T6: 366 * 13000 = 4.758.000
      T7: 141 * 33500 = 4.723.500
      T8: 30 * 90000 = 2.700.000

daily profit = 12.181.500
      monthly profit = 365.445.000

In this example it would take me around 2 months to get the 500m + 75m on interest.

I would say that most weapon crafting are in this category and 16 material armors (armor/jacket/robe) which is why I pretty much don't craft them but have been doing them more and more recently.

Profit crafting:

This is what most of my crafting goes, I try buy to cheap materials in the special resource return city + 25% material return on the crafting city with bonus and some associate fees here and there but it's almost impossible to make a full calculation about it because some crafting is maybe 5% profit other ones are 20% or higher.
      Now some progress in the crafting tree:

Still can't craft any weapon at T8 but steady progress

Finally reach top 5000 on fame:

edit: stonks are from "rites of spring" event skins that want to resell

The post was edited 2 times, last by Cidragon ().