Island Favourites Teaser

• Island Favourites Teaser

Hey all,

I come bearing good news!

We know this has been high up on many lists, and we have seen it come up frequently here on the forum, reddit and in our 2018 survey. Therefore, we wanted to let you know that our UI artist is currently working on this feature and here is a sneak peak on its progress:

I currently do not have an ETA on exactly when it will arrive, but that will become clearer as move towards our upcoming updates and the news surrounding that. Once again, thank you for all your feedback.

- Evoque
      Images
      • info_travel_planner.png

486.07 kB, 586×559, viewed 2,276 times
      AlbionOnline | @EJevoque | Evoque#9601

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evoque: uploaded image for those who cannot access the hosting site. ().

• Hey again,

Zarf wrote:

Great addition, thank you. Besides making favorites, can we forget / erase islands from the list, that we no longer wish to visit?
      We're pleased you guys like it, and I will pass on your suggestion and see what the status is! :)

kilawok wrote:

The life bar looks entirely different too, can we also expect a facelift on names/health bars?
      This is just a concept template used by the artists, but if you have more suggestions in that direction we would be happy to hear it!

- Evoque
      AlbionOnline | @EJevoque | Evoque#9601
    • Evoque wrote:

kilawok wrote:

The life bar looks entirely different too, can we also expect a facelift on names/health bars?
      This is just a concept template used by the artists, but if you have more suggestions in that direction we would be happy to hear it!
      - Evoque
      I like the thick life bar we have currently but it would be amazing if the bars on it actually meant values rather than percentages. (similar to most MOBAs)

I understand that this would make things trickier for bloodletters or stalker hoods, but it would make things easier for everyone else. Maybe a mix in between? Either way gives a very visual indication of who's tanky and squishy.
    • Oh no.

You're making the island name big? This will not help the scrolling amount / time required to get to the bottom of the list.

Make a character and give him access to 80-100 islands and compare the time and amount of scrolls it takes to get to the bottom of the list, with various mouses. Then you'll have something thats accurate of what many people do when they want to visit an island on their list.

As for favorites. Nice, but why not have 2-3 different selectable favorite types that will allow for better sorting. (you already have the assets in your guild tab menu)

I am imagining something like this:

• <3 Island Name
      • Island Name
      • Island Name
      • Island Name
      • Island Name
      • Island Name
      • :?: Island Name
      • Island Name
      • Island Name
      • Island Name
      • Island Name
      • Unfiltered Island Name
      • Unfiltered Island Name
      • Unfiltered Island Name
      • Unfiltered Island Name
      • Unfiltered Island Name
      • Unfiltered Island Name
    • Hi,

thank you all for the feedback!

I thought i'd pitch in and give a little bit more clarification on this:
      This will be an additional tab in the travel planner UI, which only allows me to manage the islands I have been given access to. It will not serve as a replacement for the main travel tab.
      This second tab will allow me to select islands from the list as favourites. These favourites will then be sorted alphabetically to the top of my travel destination list.

The sort order will then be:

When in any city:When on any Island:
      Preselected:
      1. my personal island
      Dropdown-list:
      1. my personal Island
      2. my guild Island
      3. my favourites (in alphabetical order)
      4. cities
      5. all other islands
      Preselected:
      1. the city the island is connected to
      Dropdown-list:
      1. the city the island is connected to
      2. my personal island
      3. my guild island
      4. my favourites (in alphabetical order)
      5. all other cities
      6. all other islands

Additionally, we want to make the dropdown list of destinations searchable, allowing for much quicker navigation of longer lists.

@Zarf

Zarf wrote:

Great addition, thank you. Besides making favorites, can we forget / erase islands from the list, that we no longer wish to visit?
      We have discussed the ability to remove/hide islands from the list, but have finally decided not to do it (at least not within this iteration). The reason for this decision is simply that we want to launch this ASAP, and this would require significantly more code time and does not add an equivalent value. Simply letting you remove/ hide an Island will not do. There would also have to be a system in place to get the islands back, in case you made a mistake removing them.

@DoomRawrus

DoomRawrus wrote:

This will be a fantastic update. My suggestion would be to add a tab to show just cities, Islands and Guild islands. The filter drop down I guess could help with that.
      This is exactly what the filter here is supposed to do!

@Bogul

Bogul wrote:

Oh no.

You're making the island name big? This will not help the scrolling amount / time required to get to the bottom of the list.

Make a character and give him access to 80-100 islands and compare the time and amount of scrolls it takes to get to the bottom of the list, with various mouses. Then you'll have something thats accurate of what many people do when they want to visit an island on their list.

As for favorites. Nice, but why not have 2-3 different selectable favorite types that will allow for better sorting. (you already have the assets in your guild tab menu)

I am imagining something like this:

• <3 Island Name
      • Island Name
      • Island Name
      • Island Name
      • Island Name
      • Island Name
      • :?: Island Name
      • Island Name
      • Island Name
      • Island Name
      • Island Name
      • Unfiltered Island Name
      • Unfiltered Island Name
      • Unfiltered Island Name
      • Unfiltered Island Name
      • Unfiltered Island Name
      • Unfiltered Island Name

I hope my post clarified some things? Your Idea of giving multiple favourite options is not bad, and I will put some thought into it. Realistically this would be something for another iteration though.

Cheers,

-Mo