AdmirableNorth's Suggestion Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AdmirableNorth's Suggestion Thread

New

Suggestion: Displaying local time in game
      I'm not sure where it would fit, unless you could hover/click the bottom time to see. But being able to view UTC (so that everyone is using the same times for planning) and local (so you can easily tell what time it is) is important to me.

The post was edited 1 time, last by AdmirableNorth ().

• Suggestion: Allow camera to rotate

New

Perhaps with arrow keys, and make sure there's a reset button.
      I'm not sure if this feature already exists, but there are some spots in the game where a material is hidden behind another material, such as in this image: i.imgur.com/cDVr2nB.png
      It's possible to walk to a spot and click it, but it adds unnecessary hassle, and could obscure the appearance of things in general.

I don't know if this is an intentional decision, but at least for harvesting, it is quite annoying.
    • Suggestion: Indicate Talents(?) that are being tracked on the Destiny Board.

New

Being able to see at a glance what talents are being tracked would be very nice. I'm often trying to look at the destiny board as opposed to the tracking tree, so that I can see what I'm tracking where.
      In the example, you can see that I'm tracking Journeyman Refiner, but there's no indicator. There are light sparkles for selected, but that's not what I want.
    • New

suggestions:

1. display local time (pls yes, it is really needed)

2. bookmark map (yes, i like this idea)

3. autoloot (just no! or how do u handle this for pvp loot? or is it just for pve?)

4. seperate buff name description toolpit (i dont think it's really needed)

5. camera rotate (not sure about this. i like the way it is now because everyone plays with the same view!)

6. tracked talents on destiny board (yea i like this too)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      |+| Dan420 - Skinner / Fisherman & Sheep-Slayer |+|
    • New

I'll just address the negatives, thanks for the support on the others.

Barry420 wrote:

suggestions:
      3. autoloot (just no! or how do u handle this for pvp loot? or is it just for pve?)
      4. seperate buff name description tooltip (i dont think it's really needed)
      5. camera rotate (not sure about this. i like the way it is now because everyone plays with the same view!)
      I've not played the game much and I haven't actually done PvP yet haha. I'm still in the tutorial and just judging the gameplay for small quality of life stuff.
      4. separate buff name description tooltip (i dont think it's really needed)
      kind of the same as 3. I feel like, if it's not hard to implement and it gives a small benefit, why not? In this case, the benefit is just being easier on the eyes, for me. Because if I memorize the name of buffs and what they do, being able to quickly distinguish the name makes it easier to figure out what's happening. For autoloot, it's just annoying having to be super precise with my clicks for uncontested loot. But yeah, I've not played in PvP areas, so it might be a different situation there.
      Yeah, I was thinking about that. Also it might be hard to implement, because it's designed to be played like this, so whether it means a change in the graphics engine or what, but that costs a lot of time, so it's not a great suggestion, I agree. I kind of wanted to address the "hard to get materials" part of it, because if there's a way to simplify that, by like just moving them a bit, that could also work
    • New

btw, these *are* all just minor QoL suggestions I think. Just small things that would be nice if they were implemented, cuz it makes using the system smoother and easier or something like that. If anyone has disagreements about it, feel free to raise it and I'll try and dispute it, but if I can't, I'm more than happy to accept that it's a bad suggestion. That's why it's getting posted on a forum board, so that people can discuss it.

@Mods
      Is it possible to set titles on our own comments? Or will I have to place the suggestion title inside the body?
    • New

Suggestion: easy compare items in inventory

a) I've got my beginners shield on
      b) I click on Novice's Shield to see what's better. Obviously, it's going to be Novice's, but if gear gets more complex, then I won't be able to see how their stats compare.
      so being able to compare stats in the inventory would be nice. And a more bold indicator of what is currently "equipped" as well, such as the left stack of novice shields in this one.

META: On another note, do you guys prefer if I supply imgur direct links instead? Or would you prefer to keep the embedded images? I prefer embed so the photo is up all the time, but if you guys want me to post the link instead, I'm more than happy to.

The post was edited 1 time, last by AdmirableNorth: Adding a meta note ().

• New

SHARKY wrote:

The camera rotate suggestion has been covered a few times already, and the devs have categorically stated that this will not be happening.

rotate camera?

Panning the Camera

Opinions do change though...
      Yeah, that is a good point. Maybe I should update the OP reorganizing that comment. It was mainyl meant to be about the inability to click certain objects, I'm sure there are other ways to fix it, I just suggested the first one that came to mind haha.

Suggestion: Cotton Plant Object - Possible variable number of bundles of cotton?
      so minor it doesn't even need a comment
    • New

AdmirableNorth wrote:

I'll just address the negatives, thanks for the support on the others.

Barry420 wrote:

suggestions:
      4. seperate buff name description tooltip (i dont think it's really needed)
      3. autoloot (just no! or how do u handle this for pvp loot? or is it just for pve?)I've not played the game much and I haven't actually done PvP yet haha. I'm still in the tutorial and just judging the gameplay for small quality of life stuff.
      LOL
      |+| Dan420 - Skinner / Fisherman & Sheep-Slayer |+|