normal bow E skill

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • New

      Funstealer wrote:

      so at the moment because the duration of the buff lasts so long people have started to use the normal bow E then switch weapons to the whispering bow for huge damage the whispering bow keeps the effect of the buff from the normal bow when this occurs.
      old af, but yeh its strong:
      remove active weapon buffs when switching weapon plz
    • New

      I don’t believe this is a bug as it has been mentioned before to and by developers and has been in the game since the beginning. It has many counters and requires a lot of setup in order to use effectively. If anything, it allows for a play style that takes a lot of skill to successfully pull off in regards to knowing cooldowns, spacing, etc... and it leaves you susceptible to many problems like getting locked in combat at the wrong time with the wrong weapon on, risking two weapons per death. Because of that, I believe the risk involved in using this strategy make it balanced and fair and it should not be changed.
    • New

      Dip wrote:

      I don’t believe this is a bug as it has been mentioned before to and by developers and has been in the game since the beginning. It has many counters and requires a lot of setup in order to use effectively. If anything, it allows for a play style that takes a lot of skill to successfully pull off in regards to knowing cooldowns, spacing, etc... and it leaves you susceptible to many problems like getting locked in combat at the wrong time with the wrong weapon on, risking two weapons per death. Because of that, I believe the risk involved in using this strategy make it balanced and fair and it should not be changed.
      Two weapons? Technically yeah sure..but....
      A tier 2 bow is all it requires...they cost 2k silver.
      I play bows as well and this if intended is broken. It's ridiculously strong and there's no problem switching easily back in forth in PvE. It might be harder to pull off in GvG's and almost impossible to use in open world but it's way too powerful when combined with Whispering Bow especially in 5v5s.
    • New

      ViLEuo wrote:

      Dip wrote:

      I don’t believe this is a bug as it has been mentioned before to and by developers and has been in the game since the beginning. It has many counters and requires a lot of setup in order to use effectively. If anything, it allows for a play style that takes a lot of skill to successfully pull off in regards to knowing cooldowns, spacing, etc... and it leaves you susceptible to many problems like getting locked in combat at the wrong time with the wrong weapon on, risking two weapons per death. Because of that, I believe the risk involved in using this strategy make it balanced and fair and it should not be changed.
      Two weapons? Technically yeah sure..but....A tier 2 bow is all it requires...they cost 2k silver.
      I play bows as well and this if intended is broken. It's ridiculously strong and there's no problem switching easily back in forth in PvE. It might be harder to pull off in GvG's and almost impossible to use in open world but it's way too powerful when combined with Whispering Bow especially in 5v5s.
      if you’re using a teir 2 bow for this tactic and you get hit and locked in combat, you’re stuck using that teir 2 bow for atleast 20 seconds. Just saying... usually this is enough time to die or lose a fight significantly.
    • New

      Dip wrote:

      ViLEuo wrote:

      Dip wrote:

      I don’t believe this is a bug as it has been mentioned before to and by developers and has been in the game since the beginning. It has many counters and requires a lot of setup in order to use effectively. If anything, it allows for a play style that takes a lot of skill to successfully pull off in regards to knowing cooldowns, spacing, etc... and it leaves you susceptible to many problems like getting locked in combat at the wrong time with the wrong weapon on, risking two weapons per death. Because of that, I believe the risk involved in using this strategy make it balanced and fair and it should not be changed.
      Two weapons? Technically yeah sure..but....A tier 2 bow is all it requires...they cost 2k silver.I play bows as well and this if intended is broken. It's ridiculously strong and there's no problem switching easily back in forth in PvE. It might be harder to pull off in GvG's and almost impossible to use in open world but it's way too powerful when combined with Whispering Bow especially in 5v5s.
      if you’re using a teir 2 bow for this tactic and you get hit and locked in combat, you’re stuck using that teir 2 bow for atleast 20 seconds. Just saying... usually this is enough time to die or lose a fight significantly.
      Look I get what you're saying that there's some risk for this but it's broken man....you can use this with ANY WEAPON even dual swords.
      It's broken.
    • New

      ViLEuo wrote:

      Dip wrote:

      ViLEuo wrote:

      Dip wrote:

      I don’t believe this is a bug as it has been mentioned before to and by developers and has been in the game since the beginning. It has many counters and requires a lot of setup in order to use effectively. If anything, it allows for a play style that takes a lot of skill to successfully pull off in regards to knowing cooldowns, spacing, etc... and it leaves you susceptible to many problems like getting locked in combat at the wrong time with the wrong weapon on, risking two weapons per death. Because of that, I believe the risk involved in using this strategy make it balanced and fair and it should not be changed.
      Two weapons? Technically yeah sure..but....A tier 2 bow is all it requires...they cost 2k silver.I play bows as well and this if intended is broken. It's ridiculously strong and there's no problem switching easily back in forth in PvE. It might be harder to pull off in GvG's and almost impossible to use in open world but it's way too powerful when combined with Whispering Bow especially in 5v5s.
      if you’re using a teir 2 bow for this tactic and you get hit and locked in combat, you’re stuck using that teir 2 bow for atleast 20 seconds. Just saying... usually this is enough time to die or lose a fight significantly.
      Look I get what you're saying that there's some risk for this but it's broken man....you can use this with ANY WEAPON even dual swords.It's broken.
      The damage may be strong or “broken” but you need to take into account the set up time and cooldowns you have to wait when switching weapons/gear like this. When you take that into account, I’m willing to bet that it doesn’t increase your farming efficiency (fame/hr) in PvE at all with ANY weapon because you’re constantly waiting for cooldowns. Also using this strategy in PvP prevents you from overcharging your weapon which means you lose 100 item power on your weapon slot in 5v5 compared to other players that are overcharging. I think you guys aren’t looking at the downsides/cost of using this strategy enough and only looking at the damage output that is gained from it in a short period of time. Just my 2 cents, keeping stuff like this in the game breeds unique strategies and playstyles which is part of what makes a sandbox game fun to play.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Dip ().

    • New

      Yes...exactly...the dmg is broken and it's honestly not as hard to setup as you're making it out to be though.
      It's quite easy to do but I admit it's basically useless in open world. We had someone using this against our GvG team just a day or two ago and it's obviously a broken mechanic. Nothing else in the game is able to do this, there's not a caster equivalent of any kind, etc, etc. It's exploiting a broken game mechanic to gain an unfair advantage even if it takes a few seconds to setup. Just because it's only usable in a limited situation and requires timing doesn't mean it's not a broken mechanic.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ViLEuo ().

    • New

      ViLEuo wrote:

      Yes...exactly...the dmg is broken and it's honestly not as hard to setup as you're making it out to be though.
      It's quite easy to do but I admit it's basically useless in open world. We had someone using this against our GvG team just a day or two ago and it's obviously a broken mechanic. Nothing else in the game is able to do this, there's not a caster equivalent of any kind, etc, etc. It's exploiting a broken game mechanic to gain an unfair advantage even if it takes a few seconds to setup. Just because it's only usable in a limited situation and requires timing doesn't mean it's not a broken mechanic.
      Because it can only be used so limitedly, requires timing, spacing, and involves high risk is exactly why it’s not a broken mechanic... I would call it more of a strategy or tactic. Casters can also pull this off although it’s not as useful for them, and it’s not unfair if everyone/anyone can do it.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Dip ().

    • New

      Dip wrote:

      ViLEuo wrote:

      Yes...exactly...the dmg is broken and it's honestly not as hard to setup as you're making it out to be though.
      It's quite easy to do but I admit it's basically useless in open world. We had someone using this against our GvG team just a day or two ago and it's obviously a broken mechanic. Nothing else in the game is able to do this, there's not a caster equivalent of any kind, etc, etc. It's exploiting a broken game mechanic to gain an unfair advantage even if it takes a few seconds to setup. Just because it's only usable in a limited situation and requires timing doesn't mean it's not a broken mechanic.
      Because it can only be used so limitedly, requires timing, spacing, and involves high risk is exactly why it’s not a broken mechanic...
      You honestly believe this is an intended game mechanic? Being able to equip a weapon, pop it's best move, equip a different weapon and get the benefits of both?
      In no way shape or form do I believe this is meant to be this way.

      Whether you or I think it's balanced or not it's exploiting a broken game mechanic.
      Maybe a Dev can comment on if this is intended or not and we will have our answer because as far as I can tell it's not supposed to be this way. We can just agree to disagree.

      I play bows too man...if this is intended cool, I will use it because it's pretty gnarly and it's worth the "risk" from the benefit you get of burst dmg+range.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ViLEuo ().

    • New

      DildoSwaggings wrote:

      It’s been like this forever, if the devs wanted it fix it would have been fixed already.

      What happened that your are so adamant about this topic?
      Nothing has happened, I just don't like people exploiting broken game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage. If this is intended then fine I just don't believe it is, I still think it's ridiculous especially since there's no other instances of this being possible with other weapons but I can live with it. Just makes bows(what I play a lot) stronger.

      You can check my deaths nobody has killed me using this since I'm sure that's what you're trying to imply.
      There's been bugs and other problems for a long time that haven't been fixed but it doesn't mean it's intended. This just probably isn't high on their list since it's been barely used but it's getting much more popular especially with the regular bows E being buffed.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by ViLEuo ().

    • New

      ViLEuo wrote:

      DildoSwaggings wrote:

      It’s been like this forever, if the devs wanted it fix it would have been fixed already.

      What happened that your are so adamant about this topic?
      Nothing has happened, I just don't like people exploiting broken game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage.
      You can check my deaths nobody has killed me using this.
      It’s not an exploit; also it’s not super broken else everybody would be using it
    • New

      ViLEuo wrote:

      DildoSwaggings wrote:

      It’s been like this forever, if the devs wanted it fix it would have been fixed already.

      What happened that your are so adamant about this topic?
      Nothing has happened, I just don't like people exploiting broken game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage.
      You can check my deaths nobody has killed me using this since I'm sure that's what you're trying to imply.
      Litterally anyone who can use a bow can use this strategy. It’s not like people are using hacks man. It’s an even playing field.
    • New

      Dip wrote:

      ViLEuo wrote:

      DildoSwaggings wrote:

      It’s been like this forever, if the devs wanted it fix it would have been fixed already.

      What happened that your are so adamant about this topic?
      Nothing has happened, I just don't like people exploiting broken game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage.You can check my deaths nobody has killed me using this since I'm sure that's what you're trying to imply.
      Litterally anyone who can use a bow can use this strategy. It’s not like people are using hacks man. It’s an even playing field.
      No it's not a hack...it's an exploit.
      It's exploiting an unintended game mechanic to gain an unfair advantage. You say anybody can do it but trust me not everybody knows about this. It'll get more popular since it's actually incredibly strong now and it'll get out of hand and we'll get to find out if its intended or not but I am about 90%+ sure it's unintended. If it is intended then I apologize and get to look like an idiot but I have a hard time believing that right now. If it's intended and meant to be this way then I'll use it myself because it's ridiculous, people literally melt.

      Like I said agree to disagree, luckily not everybody has to agree on things.
    • New

      Yeah we can agree to disagree, I totally understand where you are coming from. Not every player will know every trick in the book, that’s expected. I just find it hard to believe it is an “exploit” instead of a strategy since it’s been around since the beginning of the game and has been mentioned multiple times on various threads and even directly to the developers. IMO it should be kept this way.