Bizarre: Monopolized refining cities and high rates.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DildoSwaggings wrote:

Piddle wrote:

Drake_IronHeart wrote:

What solution you offer? As what I am reading I dont see any solutions but just people complaining about a single person.You are in your right to do something about it, I am not saying the contrary, Just saying that this has become more of manhunt than a discussion to make things better, I have yet to see a good solution to this problem and I will tell you how they will be circumvented.
      The only way I could see to find a solution to this problem would be 1 shop per account, but its as easy to make 20x accounts since the game is F2P, ok you could argue, they have to have premium, owning a shop 1 month will pay upwards of a years premium for the account.... so we are back to step 1, one person with 30x accounts owning all shops....
      The problem with offering solution is that I don't know what the developers want to be happening. Without that context randomly spewing changes is just so much hot air.Up until very recently it has seemed like what is happening is what the developers wanted to be happening. It just sort of sucks.
      Well if one of the people suggesting the developers was Saya... Sorry, couldn’t resist, lmao
      Every suggestion she ever made publicly can be paraphrased as "Just give people who run lots of plots and stations more money."
      ..QQ _^..^_/ QQ..
      (not to be eaten!)
    • Drake_IronHeart wrote:

Piddle wrote:

Drake_IronHeart wrote:

If this is true, the game is no longer a sandbox and is not longer player economy driven.That single person you are all trying to lynch, just thought ahead of time and bought all the plots, how is that wrong and why you want to take it away from him?
      I dont see any of you complaining in RL about taxes to the government
      Its called self initiative and now cause a bunch of you want what he has and cant have it, you are now trying to take it all away from him??
      There is going to be ways around this, even if they applied 1 shop per account or character, since the game has gone F2P
      They can only restrict F2P accs as paid premium should have acccess to the shops.
      If it isn't wrong of them to do it. It isn't wrong for people to try to do something about it either. You can't have it both ways.Every person I have ever known complains about taxes in RL.

There are so many things I see as problems with both crafting stations and plots, and also with the auction system itself. None of them have anything to do with if paying 19% is fair or paying 50% is fair.

Wanting the developers to overhaul these things so that more players can have more fun and not feel bad about doing things in AO is a good thing. Overly simplifying that as people just being mad or jealous doesn't make those people seem silly. It makes you seem silly.
      What solution you offer? As what I am reading I dont see any solutions but just people complaining about a single person.You are in your right to do something about it, I am not saying the contrary, Just saying that this has become more of manhunt than a discussion to make things better, I have yet to see a good solution to this problem and I will tell you how they will be circumvented.
      The only way I could see to find a solution to this problem would be 1 shop per account, but its as easy to make 20x accounts since the game is F2P, ok you could argue, they have to have premium, owning a shop 1 month will pay upwards of a years premium for the account.... so we are back to step 1, one person with 30x accounts owning all shops....
      You can impose a tax and plot cap. A single account can't own more than 5 plots and the highest it can be taxed is 50%. Will at least make it easier to live out of these cities with the tax cap.
      Did I help? Please use my Referral Link.
    • Lexinator wrote:

You can impose a tax and plot cap. A single account can't own more than 5 plots and the highest it can be taxed is 50%. Will at least make it easier to live out of these cities with the tax cap.
      This is the first thing everyone thinks of and it is the easiest to get around. Even before F2P people had 3+ accounts. Now you can just have as many accounts as you want the hassle of managing email accounts.

Also, what if 50% taxes aren't enough? Have you met the auction system? It is the opposite of super fun times. There is probably upwards of 6-10B silver involved. Contrary to popular opinion, plot owners deserve to be compensated for their time and effort. That's what makes suggestions so hard. There are overlapping systems that are all not super great.

Owning plots needs to be more dynamic than passive is one of the problems. Plots can easily break the time/productivity ratio for earning money in AO and the things that keep that in check aren't guaranteed to control it at all.

Imagine a world in which Diva was NOT taking 1+B in silver bids. You have your one of each station. They are T8 and so the capacity is just overly sufficient for the usage. So, you show up once or twice a day to collect your money and make sure they are fed. Time invested 30 minutes a day? Compared to the amount of silver they are bringing in that isn't enough time spent.
      ..QQ _^..^_/ QQ..
      (not to be eaten!)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Piddle ().

• Piddle wrote:

DildoSwaggings wrote:

Piddle wrote:

Drake_IronHeart wrote:

The problem with offering solution is that I don't know what the developers want to be happening. Without that context randomly spewing changes is just so much hot air.Up until very recently it has seemed like what is happening is what the developers wanted to be happening. It just sort of sucks.
      Well if one of the people suggesting the developers was Saya... Sorry, couldn’t resist, lmao
      Every suggestion she ever made publicly can be paraphrased as "Just give people who run lots of plots and stations more money."
      Wonder if anyone is ever gonna own up to in the sense of “We got suggested wrong, the situation is fucked” (which is). :D
    • Lexinator wrote:

Although I understand where you coming from, 5 shops per account, with having 10 emails/accs, you own 1 or 2 cities then.

It will also break the game mechanic of player driven economy, if I own the shop, and I have to pay 80mil to win in a auction for example in one month, I need to make that 80mil back quick as possible, if they cap the tax I can put on it, I will never make my money back and be in negative balance. This would only benefit the really rich as they can afford to lose many millions without hurting their economies.

There should not be any Caps in tax, as it hinders people making money. and People are not going to own shops if they are losing money which will eventually once again fall into the hands of the very rich that dont mind losing money, so no solutions is being created by capping the taxes.
    • Piddle wrote:

Lexinator wrote:

This is the first thing everyone thinks of and it is the easiest to get around. Even before F2P people had 3+ accounts. Now you can just have as many accounts as you want the hassle of managing email accounts.
      Yeah but you have to fund multiple accounts with premium and its annoying. Plus the tax cap alone means they wont be earning enough to cover all their alts. 50% tax is a lot less revenue generated than 300%.

A lot of the new players don't even know what that is or how to check it. Friend of mine was stuck in a guild that took almost all his money, and he was wondering why it is so hard to earn money in game. Things got much better after he quit.

The tutorial should really explain taxes.

Drake_IronHeart wrote:

Lexinator wrote:

Although I understand where you coming from, 5 shops per account, with having 10 emails/accs, you own 1 or 2 cities then.
      It will also break the game mechanic of player driven economy, if I own the shop, and I have to pay 80mil to win in a auction for example in one month, I need to make that 80mil back quick as possible, if they cap the tax I can put on it, I will never make my money back and be in negative balance. This would only benefit the really rich as they can afford to lose many millions without hurting their economies.

There should not be any Caps in tax, as it hinders people making money. and People are not going to own shops if they are losing money which will eventually once again fall into the hands of the very rich that dont mind losing money, so no solutions is being created by capping the taxes.

You should still be able to make money with 50%. People are making money with 10% in some cities. There is a regulated cap on taxes in real life, why should there not be one in Albion?

Push comes to shove, the developers can always make an NPC city where PC's can't own anything, focus is still beneficial, and taxes are capped at 20% or some such.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lexinator ().

• Yes, the REAL issue with this is not the unfairness or "sandbox capitalism" or the rights of the owning players. It is the fact that this monopoly system is taking advantage of new players that do not know better and significantly worsening their starting experience. Making the new player experience worse hurts retention of new players. That is bad for SBI and it is bad for all of us. Right now at least 40% of new players are subjected to this BS and probably more because the monopoly cities are focused on 2 of the more appealing resources.
    • Drake_IronHeart wrote:

Lexinator wrote:

Exactly. I had two good friends stop playing after they got to FR and realized they lose money crafting there with the absurd 260% tax rate. They will give the game another chance after this is sorted out or goes down, but a lot of players won't.

Out of three friends that started with me, only one plays, and he is still in the tutorial area because of the log in queues and disconnects lol.
    • Drake_IronHeart wrote:

DildoSwaggings wrote:

Drake_IronHeart wrote:

wolfo70 wrote:

they will see how long this goes one for, with the next plot auction the monopolies might crumble due to the extreme money there is to be made in the royal cities at this moment, If the monopoly stays after the auction action will be taken by the devs (source CEO SBI).
      If this is true, the game is no longer a sandbox and is not longer player economy driven.That single person you are all trying to lynch, just thought ahead of time and bought all the plots, how is that wrong and why you want to take it away from him?I dont see any of you complaining in RL about taxes to the governmentIts called self initiative and now cause a bunch of you want what he has and cant have it, you are now trying to take it all away from him??
      There is going to be ways around this, even if they applied 1 shop per account or character, since the game has gone F2P
      They can only restrict F2P accs as paid premium should have acccess to the shops.
      bro where do you live literally everyone complains about taxes lmao. Don’t compare Albion to the real world, else scammers should be brought to justice, such strong monopolies shouldn’t exist etc
      Monopolies will always exist in a Capitalist world, AO is no different to the RL, wherever there is a possibility to make money people will exploit it and burn it to the ground. Only communist dont like Monopolies as it dont benefit them although when in power they monopolise it all for themselves, but that is now politics and not what we speaking here.
      Ever heard of the antitrust, anti monopoly and the competition law? no? heck off commie. Edit : in communism the government has monpoly on everything

The post was edited 1 time, last by wolfo70 ().

• It is a really bad situation over at fort sterling and Thetford, and overall it is hurting the game, because it makes for gear to be way too expensive and thus people are more afraid of loosing it and they don't venture into the open world with high tier gear unless they have much much money to spend/loose.

I'm not sure what is the best solution here but it definitely SBI needs to be involved in order to make it easier for plots to bid/taken by other players and help them establish profit and upgrade the shops (because making the shop into a T8 and having it fed is NOT cheap).

These players owning the monopolies are not bots however, just really dedicated old players that know how to play the money game and manipulate the market (because plots are only part of the problem, with that much money they also control the market prices).
    • wolfo70 wrote:

Drake_IronHeart wrote:

DildoSwaggings wrote:

Drake_IronHeart wrote:

wolfo70 wrote:

they will see how long this goes one for, with the next plot auction the monopolies might crumble due to the extreme money there is to be made in the royal cities at this moment, If the monopoly stays after the auction action will be taken by the devs (source CEO SBI).
      If this is true, the game is no longer a sandbox and is not longer player economy driven.That single person you are all trying to lynch, just thought ahead of time and bought all the plots, how is that wrong and why you want to take it away from him?I dont see any of you complaining in RL about taxes to the governmentIts called self initiative and now cause a bunch of you want what he has and cant have it, you are now trying to take it all away from him??There is going to be ways around this, even if they applied 1 shop per account or character, since the game has gone F2P
      bro where do you live literally everyone complains about taxes lmao. Don’t compare Albion to the real world, else scammers should be brought to justice, such strong monopolies shouldn’t exist etc
      Monopolies will always exist in a Capitalist world, AO is no different to the RL, wherever there is a possibility to make money people will exploit it and burn it to the ground. Only communist dont like Monopolies as it dont benefit them although when in power they monopolise it all for themselves, but that is now politics and not what we speaking here.
      Ever heard of the antitrust, anti monopoly and the competition law? no? heck off commie. Edit : in communism the government has monpoly on everything
      Someone with a brain finally <3
    • Korn wrote:

Hey there,

we are aware of the current problems with plot ownership in some cities are currently aiming to implement a set of changes to take effect in time for the upcoming plot auction round.
      I must say. I am new to this game but the responses of everyone involved in SBI has got to be about the best I have run into...... And I played Everquest on release so I have played ALOT of games and for a long long time.... I got a response to my reporting of bots in game! I have never had that happen.... ever. They announced responses her on the forums about what they are doing and how they are trying to fix things like the opening F2P release. Most games you get nothing.... for WEEKS or MONTHS or ever.
    • The actual Situation has several reasons.
      One of the reasons was devs not reacting to a "Server problem" during the final minutes of last auction.
      A Time during normaly several hundred Million of silver were bid.
      A simple sollution to break that problem would be if some old guilds would set their guil island open for public Access.
    • Oldboy wrote:

The actual Situation has several reasons.
      One of the reasons was devs not reacting to a "Server problem" during the final minutes of last auction.
      A Time during normaly several hundred Million of silver were bid.
      A simple sollution to break that problem would be if some old guilds would set their guil island open for public Access.
      That would only help for starters looking to craft at normal rates without efficient resource return rates.

The benefit of using stations in the city and not on islands is that they give higher base percentage resource return rates.

Also, there are already plenty of guilds based out of every city in the royal continent that provide crafting stations with more affordable rates.
      Discord: Redsaw#4700

Think before you speak, just because you feel a certain degree of emotion behind your opinion does not make it a fact.
    • Korn wrote:

Hey there,

we are aware of the current problems with plot ownership in some cities are currently aiming to implement a set of changes to take effect in time for the upcoming plot auction round.
      OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I had two RL friends quit over the taxes and a few other issues. They started out in the "wrong" city and spent a lot of time gathering and such, only to be completely screwed by the high tax rate, unable to do anything. Then one was killed while running his stuff to Martlock and rage quit lol.

I will tell them to come back once this is fixed.

Seriously, this and the technical issues were their only complaints. They both went back to a private UO shard until the issues are resolved.