Bizarre: Monopolized refining cities and high rates.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• VanGlorY wrote:

• I wonder if the game would continue with the refining cities monopolized by a single player and his alts. Extremely bad for the game to concentrate everything in the hand of only player that puts abusive prices of refining

they will see how long this goes one for, with the next plot auction the monopolies might crumble due to the extreme money there is to be made in the royal cities at this moment, If the monopoly stays after the auction action will be taken by the devs (source CEO SBI).

The post was edited 1 time, last by wolfo70 ().

• SBI's #1 economy advisor is a scammer and a crook, so what else do you expect? They continue to cater to her even after she outed herself as a scammer and liar whose never engaged in 10,000 silver worth of philanthropy because of her cheapness and greed.

forum.albiononline.com/index.p…emain-become-a-member-of/

forum.albiononline.com/index.p…-Economic-Blog/?pageNo=23

All the other systems have seen major reworks (territories, mages, balance changes, portal locks, HCE, relic crafting) but the one system that must not change

in Divatown you have a city owned by one person that is meant to be a starter town for newbs. and Scamya the con artist has at least 10 billion in assets, and SBI wants her to have at least 20 billion. Her ability to make huge profits must not be nerfed no matter what

So the one system that must not be changed no matter what is the town shops. The system is working as intended, so that a few monopolists can make unlimited money without ever leaving town in a full loot PvP game, and they can't be contested unlike in GvGs
    • VanGlorY wrote:

• I wonder if the game would continue with the refining cities monopolized by a single player and his alts. Extremely bad for the game to concentrate everything in the hand of only player that puts abusive prices of refining

You know I noticed this when I saw Fort Sterling completely owned by Diva.. Same with other cities as well, couldnt find a single T4-8 refining building because of this and all the plots are housing? Why even allow houses in a crafting game? Also this Diva guy is a jerk :3 (hes a bot from China)
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • wolfo70 wrote:

they will see how long this goes one for, with the next plot auction the monopolies might crumble due to the extreme money there is to be made in the royal cities at this moment, If the monopoly stays after the auction action will be taken by the devs (source CEO SBI).
      If this is true, the game is no longer a sandbox and is not longer player economy driven.
      That single person you are all trying to lynch, just thought ahead of time and bought all the plots, how is that wrong and why you want to take it away from him?
      I dont see any of you complaining in RL about taxes to the government
      Its called self initiative and now cause a bunch of you want what he has and cant have it, you are now trying to take it all away from him??
      There is going to be ways around this, even if they applied 1 shop per account or character, since the game has gone F2P
      They can only restrict F2P accs as paid premium should have acccess to the shops.
    • Drake_IronHeart wrote:

If this is true, the game is no longer a sandbox and is not longer player economy driven.That single person you are all trying to lynch, just thought ahead of time and bought all the plots, how is that wrong and why you want to take it away from him?
      Its called self initiative and now cause a bunch of you want what he has and cant have it, you are now trying to take it all away from him??
      There is going to be ways around this, even if they applied 1 shop per account or character, since the game has gone F2P
      They can only restrict F2P accs as paid premium should have acccess to the shops.
      If it isn't wrong of them to do it. It isn't wrong for people to try to do something about it either. You can't have it both ways.

Every person I have ever known complains about taxes in RL.

There are so many things I see as problems with both crafting stations and plots, and also with the auction system itself. None of them have anything to do with if paying 19% is fair or paying 50% is fair.

Wanting the developers to overhaul these things so that more players can have more fun and not feel bad about doing things in AO is a good thing. Overly simplifying that as people just being mad or jealous doesn't make those people seem silly. It makes you seem silly.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Drake_IronHeart wrote:

wolfo70 wrote:

If this is true, the game is no longer a sandbox and is not longer player economy driven.That single person you are all trying to lynch, just thought ahead of time and bought all the plots, how is that wrong and why you want to take it away from him?
      bro where do you live literally everyone complains about taxes lmao. Don’t compare Albion to the real world, else scammers should be brought to justice, such strong monopolies shouldn’t exist etc
    • Piddle wrote:

Drake_IronHeart wrote:

If it isn't wrong of them to do it. It isn't wrong for people to try to do something about it either. You can't have it both ways.
      Every person I have ever known complains about taxes in RL.

There are so many things I see as problems with both crafting stations and plots, and also with the auction system itself. None of them have anything to do with if paying 19% is fair or paying 50% is fair.

Wanting the developers to overhaul these things so that more players can have more fun and not feel bad about doing things in AO is a good thing. Overly simplifying that as people just being mad or jealous doesn't make those people seem silly. It makes you seem silly.
      What solution you offer? As what I am reading I dont see any solutions but just people complaining about a single person.
      You are in your right to do something about it, I am not saying the contrary, Just saying that this has become more of manhunt than a discussion to make things better, I have yet to see a good solution to this problem and I will tell you how they will be circumvented.
      The only way I could see to find a solution to this problem would be 1 shop per account, but its as easy to make 20x accounts since the game is F2P, ok you could argue, they have to have premium, owning a shop 1 month will pay upwards of a years premium for the account.... so we are back to step 1, one person with 30x accounts owning all shops....

The post was edited 1 time, last by Drake_IronHeart ().

• DildoSwaggings wrote:

Drake_IronHeart wrote:

wolfo70 wrote:

If this is true, the game is no longer a sandbox and is not longer player economy driven.That single person you are all trying to lynch, just thought ahead of time and bought all the plots, how is that wrong and why you want to take it away from him?I dont see any of you complaining in RL about taxes to the government
      bro where do you live literally everyone complains about taxes lmao. Don’t compare Albion to the real world, else scammers should be brought to justice, such strong monopolies shouldn’t exist etc
      Monopolies will always exist in a Capitalist world, AO is no different to the RL, wherever there is a possibility to make money people will exploit it and burn it to the ground. Only communist dont like Monopolies as it dont benefit them although when in power they monopolise it all for themselves, but that is now politics and not what we speaking here.
    • Drake_IronHeart wrote:

DildoSwaggings wrote:

Drake_IronHeart wrote:

wolfo70 wrote:

If this is true, the game is no longer a sandbox and is not longer player economy driven.That single person you are all trying to lynch, just thought ahead of time and bought all the plots, how is that wrong and why you want to take it away from him?I dont see any of you complaining in RL about taxes to the governmentIts called self initiative and now cause a bunch of you want what he has and cant have it, you are now trying to take it all away from him??
      Monopolies will always exist in a Capitalist world, AO is no different to the RL, wherever there is a possibility to make money people will exploit it and burn it to the ground. Only communist dont like Monopolies as it dont benefit them although when in power they monopolise it all for themselves, but that is now politics and not what we speaking here.
      google and come back here please
    • Drake_IronHeart wrote:

What solution you offer? As what I am reading I dont see any solutions but just people complaining about a single person.You are in your right to do something about it, I am not saying the contrary, Just saying that this has become more of manhunt than a discussion to make things better, I have yet to see a good solution to this problem and I will tell you how they will be circumvented.
      The only way I could see to find a solution to this problem would be 1 shop per account, but its as easy to make 20x accounts since the game is F2P, ok you could argue, they have to have premium, owning a shop 1 month will pay upwards of a years premium for the account.... so we are back to step 1, one person with 30x accounts owning all shops....
      The problem with offering solution is that I don't know what the developers want to be happening. Without that context randomly spewing changes is just so much hot air.

Up until very recently it has seemed like what is happening is what the developers wanted to be happening. It just sort of sucks.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Piddle wrote:

Drake_IronHeart wrote:

What solution you offer? As what I am reading I dont see any solutions but just people complaining about a single person.You are in your right to do something about it, I am not saying the contrary, Just saying that this has become more of manhunt than a discussion to make things better, I have yet to see a good solution to this problem and I will tell you how they will be circumvented.
      The problem with offering solution is that I don't know what the developers want to be happening. Without that context randomly spewing changes is just so much hot air.
      Up until very recently it has seemed like what is happening is what the developers wanted to be happening. It just sort of sucks.
      Well if one of the people suggesting the developers was Saya... Sorry, couldn’t resist, lmao