Weekend Update about Servers & Upfront Notice on Possible Queues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Weekend Update about Servers & Upfront Notice on Possible Queues

Hi all,

we would like to give you another update on the server situation and an upfront notice about traffic on the weekend.

The fix that we deployed yesterday has been a success thus far. We are seeing record player numbers and the servers are dealing with it very well. Having said that, we have to remain cautious, things can always go wrong.

Independent form that, due to the massive surge in population that we are seeing right now, amplified by the weekend, there is a high chance that we'll be having queues for non-premium players somewhere between 17:00 and 21:00 UTC today and tomorrow. The underlying reason is that the game world is getting too crowded in certain areas - this should get better once more and more new players leave the starter towns and surrounding zones.

We do not expect these queues to be anywhere near as severe as the ones seen on the first and second day after release. Please keep this in mind when planning your gaming session.

Note that we are currently also looking into expanding the size of the game world to adapt to player numbers exceeding our predictions.

All the best,

Your Albion Online Team
    • Korn wrote:

The underlying reason is that the game world is getting too crowded in certain areas - this should get better once more and more new players leave the starter towns and surrounding zones.
      @Korn Question ... If the current playerbase maintains, is the map big enough to support all of these players. Im not talking about server capacity wise .. Im talking gameplay wise. Do we need more zones? Will the map rework mean a bigger playing area?
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Korn wrote:

Hi all,

we would like to give you another update on the server situation and an upfront notice about traffic on the weekend.

The fix that we deployed yesterday has been a success thus far. We are seeing record player numbers and the servers are dealing with it very well. Having said that, we have to remain cautious, things can always go wrong.

Independent form that, due to the massive surge in population that we are seeing right now, amplified by the weekend, there is a high chance that we'll be having queues for non-premium players somewhere between 17:00 and 21:00 UTC today and tomorrow. The underlying reason is that the game world is getting too crowded in certain areas - this should get better once more and more new players leave the starter towns and surrounding zones.

We do not expect these queues to be anywhere near as severe as the ones seen on the first and second day after release. Please keep this in mind when planning your gaming session.

Note that we are currently also looking into expanding the size of the game world to adapt to player numbers exceeding our predictions.

All the best,

Your Albion Online Team

Everything is smooth as fudge right now. <3 <3

The FPS was an issue until I decided to roll down resolution settings (and graphics ofc) without vision loss, and removing some nameplats (like guildm8s)
      Sure it is a bit more pixly but no fps-drops whatsoever even in larger fights. crispy but good.

Its top tier right now.
    • Korn wrote:

Azu_Raged wrote:

Not to rain on your parade but the FPS issues are still current. I've this feeling I will never be able to ZVZ again ... I get literally 3 FPS. I was watching this stream after I try to alt f4 game client, to restart, and he is also 3 FPS as well ...
      We are aware of the FPS issue and are looking into it.
      Observed a strong drawdown of FPS, after Morgan RD
    • Asais wrote:

Hello. Is it normal that i have to redownload game every time you guys come out with new game patch? Size around 1.8gb. And it's really anoying, hoppe it will be optimized, so we do not have to redownload full game size file.
      It is normal if you are using android. PC or Mac it just patches the game unless it is a major release.
      OneOfUsIsInvis: a NA PST Guild is recruiting: discord.gg/UCpTbfX
    • Catstyle wrote:

Korn wrote:

Hi all,

All the best,

Your Albion Online Team
      Everything is smooth as fudge right now. <3 <3

The FPS was an issue until I decided to roll down resolution settings (and graphics ofc) without vision loss, and removing some nameplats (like guildm8s)
      Sure it is a bit more pixly but no fps-drops whatsoever even in larger fights. crispy but good.

Its top tier right now.

I don't believe you.

If it's true, you are a cheater. Unfair advantage.