Should a player who scams other players be allowed to remain/become a member of the Round Table?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Should a player who scams other players be allowed to remain/become a member of the Round Table?

New

It appears that @Saya, a once trusted member of the community has made of with the tune of several billion in silver investments made by players.

There is no hard evidence that this has happened and for all we know it may be an elaborate (somewhat long running) April Fools Joke.

For reference:

Saya's Investment Thread

Albion's Current Round Table List

But in light of this as a more open topic; Should such a person be allowed to remain/become a representative of the community and be part of the Round Table?

If so, why should they be allowed to remain/become a member?

If not, why should they be removed/not allowed?

The post was edited 7 times, last by Erehwon ().

• New

She's been actively reading the forum threads the past several days. The activity is visible on her forum profile.

And then you send her a message for example about 40 hours ago
      "btw the speculation/rush to judgement on Bank of Albion thread is getting a little out of handnot sure if you've seen it. a quick word would be enough to dispel the naysayers/flamers"

And after sending that you get deleted from her contact/friend list ingame. She's just reading these threads and having a good laugh, including SBI who were also taken in as fools of her long con, the difference being that SBI is still on her bandwagon.
    • New

ok, well in that case ... whether u ban her from the round table or not is only for face anyway
      i mean, u could have ur friendly public account/character and the evil darksider on another acc and nobody would know :D

sbi cant control all actions taken by round table members nor should they feel responsible for in game stuff that doesnt violate the tos.
      it may taste bad but in the end it is a sandbox game where everything is encouraged as long as its within the tos.
      afaik the round table is for influential player who helped the game in some major way? she did in the past and even her latest "lesson" can teach us much xD

sbi could check overall round table (members) for an ongoing usefulness.
    • New

This is probably the first game I play in which such a blatant scam is not punished by permaban and everyone who was scammed wasn't refunded in a couple of weeks. This is also the first game I play in which there is zero counter-measure to monopoly (plot situation in divatown), or I don't get extra premium on days the game was unplayable due to server issues, or where instead of reverting the server a few hours back after the gold exploit, they decided to tempban the people who used the exploit and do nothing to the people who took advantage of the situation but didn't use the exploit themselves. I like the gameplay, but can't decide if SBI doesn't care about the community or they are plain bad at managing these stuff.
      Anyway, the answer is no. Even if we don't count this scam, it was pretty obvious in the thread about plot monopoly that Saya is actually for the plot monopoly. I thought the whole point of roundtable is to get feedback from all kind of players. Saya is one of the rich people who defends the interests of ... rich people. Why is she there in the first place when they already have this kind of feedback from the leaders of big guilds?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dacunetc ().

• New

Dacunetc wrote:

This is probably the first game I play in which such a blatant scam is not punished by permaban and everyone who was scammed wasn't refunded in a couple of weeks. This is also the first game I play in which there is zero counter-measure to monopoly (plot situation in divatown), or I don't get extra premium on days the game was unplayable due to server issues, or where instead of reverting the server a few hours back after the gold exploit, they decided to tempban the people who used the exploit and do nothing to the people who took advantage of the situation but didn't use the exploit themselves. I like the gameplay, but can't decide if SBI doesn't care about the community or they are plain bad at managing these stuff.
      Anyway, the answer is no. Even if we don't count this scam, it was pretty obvious in the thread about plot monopoly that Saya is actually for the plot monopoly. I thought the whole point of roundtable is to get feedback from all kind of players. Saya is one of the rich people who defends the interests of ... rich people. Why is she there in the first place when they already have this kind of feedback from the leaders of big guilds?
      What the fuck are you smoking you potato?
    • New

Erehwon wrote:

zenicide wrote:

Erehwon wrote:

There is no hard evidence that this has happened and for all we know it may be an elaborate (somewhat long running) April Fools Joke.
      You should stop right there :)
      I feel it's still a good topic to discuss. In the event that such a situation were to arise and there were to be irrefutable evidence against such a person. ^^
      If there is no evidence, there isn't much to discuss. Imo Saya did nothing wrong. Even if she/he kept all the money, doesn't matter. They gave it with free will, weren't tricked or anything.
    • New

monkaS wrote:

someone with knowledge of the game and how it works from a economics view of her caliber to make as much silver and gold as she has should be on the round table
      What proof of her knowledge of the game do you have? The whole point is that she never had to make money. She was given other peoples money.

She is on it already though, so the devs decided she was fine and I don't see her scam as a reason to remove her. I was just never impressed with anything she ever wrote. It was always the sorts of things people say when they are trying to pretend to be smart, but aren't exactly sure what that looks like.
    • New

zenicide wrote:

If there is no evidence, there isn't much to discuss. Imo Saya did nothing wrong. Even if she/he kept all the money, doesn't matter. They gave it with free will, weren't tricked or anything.
      If you tell someone that if they give you money, you will give them their money back and also pay them interest. Then you don't give them their money back. It isn't free will. It is the literal definition of being tricked.

At this point there is evidence. She isn't communicating with people and is keeping all the money. If Saya had stayed out of the game, or off the forums, you could have a case that she got run over in the street by an ice cream truck or something, but that isn't the world we live in.

The doors being locked and the lights being turned off is evidence that a store is closed.