returning player: questions

• returning player: questions

Main reasons that I quit playing a few months after game release in 2017:
      - hidden equipment nerf (zone dependent): All gear was dynamically nerfed related to color of zone or something like that - I'm not sure exactly how, but with gear score of 1100 in town, I saw numbers 850 in Hellgate and dungeons, and it was nerfed again to 790. Totally unacceptable!
      - very boring farming (plants growing)

Since I saw none references to just listed above problems, I assume, that nothing is changed? Then I doubt that there is a reason to install this game again.
      Or there are any positive changes? Could be nice to know.
    • Dixi wrote:

Main reasons that I quit playing a few months after game release in 2017:
      - hidden equipment nerf (zone dependent): All gear was dynamically nerfed related to color of zone or something like that - I'm not sure exactly how, but with gear score of 1100 in town, I saw numbers 850 in Hellgate and dungeons, and it was nerfed again to 790. Totally unacceptable!
      - very boring farming (plants growing)

Since I saw none references to just listed above problems, I assume, that nothing is changed? Then I doubt that there is a reason to install this game again.
      Or there are any positive changes? Could be nice to know.
      Well, those two things still exist, but there have been far far too many changes to the game than I could list here, and many many of them have improved the game significantly.

Heres a link to just the latest update, Oberon.

Oberon Update

The other change logs are on the left side if you want to see some of the previous game updates.Theres probably never been a better time to come back (server problems aside due to sheer volume of players), but Im sure they will get that under control .
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Dixi wrote:

All gear was dynamically nerfed related to color of zone or something like that - I'm not sure exactly how, but with gear score of 1100 in town, I saw numbers 850 in Hellgate and dungeons, and it was nerfed again to 790. Totally unacceptable!
      Why do you find this unacceptable?

It's leveling the playing field. If you are opting to overgear that's not the games fault is it? I don't follow.
    • MEATCUP wrote:

Dixi wrote:

All gear was dynamically nerfed related to color of zone or something like that - I'm not sure exactly how, but with gear score of 1100 in town, I saw numbers 850 in Hellgate and dungeons, and it was nerfed again to 790. Totally unacceptable!
      Why do you find this unacceptable?
      It's leveling the playing field. If you are opting to overgear that's not the games fault is it? I don't follow.
      Yes if I arrive in low level dungeon in much better gear, I should be able to vaporize easy mobs inside, and take down much tougher enemies alone. That's normal and expected in a mmorpg.
      Because mmorpg are games about leveling and getting better gear. And that gear should perform exactly the same in any place of game world. Else I see no reason to gain better gear. Nether I see any progression of my character.
      For sample. I came to an open world dungeon in non expensive gear. I can kill one, maybe two skeletons at once. 3 always kills me or force to run. Some time passes, I came to same dungeon in much better gear - situation does not change. I still able to defeat same number of skeletons, not more, maybe just a little faster.

And leveling aspect in Albion is quite questionable - we don't have character levels, right?