Second Day of Free 2 Play: Continued Queue?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Eltharyon wrote:

Olá membros da comunidade antigos e novos,
      Detalhes
      Como prometido, aqui está uma atualização sobre a situação atual do servidor, com algumas informações adicionais.
      Detalhes
      Antes do lançamento do F2P, aumentamos nosso hardware - ou seja, o número de servidores nos quais rodamos o jogo. Todos os servidores combinados formam o mundo do jogo de Albion. Com os números de jogo atuais, os servidores não são mais necessários para executar o jogo, eles estão fazendo seu trabalho com uma intenção de poupar.
      Detalhes
      Então, por que há uma fila tão grande agora? Perdendo o dia do lançamento que o desempenho foi prejudicado, embora os meios estivessem indo indo bem. Identificamos uma causa de perda de pacotes que ocorre em um determinado ponto de conexão em nosso data center onde o jogo está hospedado. Não é uma explicação para isso, pois todos os elementos são compatíveis com a situação atual. O problema aparece, pois estamos com problemas de hospedagem para encontrar-lo e resolvê-lo. Continuar a trabalhar com eles durante a noite, e uma outra solução para a próxima até hoje, teremos mais informações preparadas para serem implantadas durante o período de manutenção de amanhã.
      Detalhes
      Estamos dedicados a resolver os problemas antes do fim de semana e agradecer a você mais uma vez por estar conosco.
      Detalhes
      Também me pediu desculpas com todos os jogadores que estão esperando para jogar, é minha maior prioridade para você jogar também.
      Detalhes
      Detalhes
      Atenciosamente,
      Detalhes
      Robin 'Eltharyon' Henkys
      Diretor de jogos
      estamos aguardando vocês resolverem logo!! por que assim não da pra jogar vocês trabalham pra min e então espero que vocês façam seu serviço direito porque estão recebendo muito bem tenha certeza disso ja sacamos sua ideia de gênio pra ganhar uma grana com o povão.
    • Killaheala wrote:

Sure, with a sorry you fix everything, i havent played yesterday cuz i understood this situation, but already 2 days makes it frustating, and you are not giving a right answer about when premium players will be able to play normally, and the premium days are passing, this is scam
      That is probably because they do not know when it will go back to normal it will probs take a few days. They cant fix the problem themselves its on their sever hosters end. So they can only push them to fix it. They cant barge and fix it in an instant thats not how life works. Also we all know we will get premium days back as an apology like last time.Just gotta be patient and understanding. Their job requires skills most of us dont have and yet so many people sit here without seeing things from the devs point of view.
    • botinha wrote:

estamos aguardando vocês resolverem logo!! por que assim não da pra jogar vocês trabalham pra min e então espero que vocês façam seu serviço direito porque estão recebendo muito bem tenha certeza disso ja sacamos sua ideia de gênio pra ganhar uma grana com o povão.
      Tu é mongolzão eim cara...
      ==============================================

Thanks for the information, we look forward to improving the service :)
    • Gee wrote:

it's impossible to play =[

they don't fix the lag problem before the F2P and probably will not fix now, the only hope is wait for the end of the hype and the number of players decrease.

i hope for the best, but they are extremely unprepared for this
      There was no lag problem before except the 200v200 warcamp events in one map, other than that, everything is good.

They did prepared for this, but you know, there will be always unexpected technical issues for this scale.
    • tarnator wrote:

Gee wrote:

it's impossible to play =[

they don't fix the lag problem before the F2P and probably will not fix now, the only hope is wait for the end of the hype and the number of players decrease.

i hope for the best, but they are extremely unprepared for this
      There was no lag problem before except the 200v200 warcamp events in one map, other than that, everything is good.
      They did prepared for this, but you know, there will be always unexpected technical issues for this scale.
      i think this is a regional problem, we play from Brazil, most of users here have problems with lag, even in small scale battles, this is my point, i just think they could provide a better condition for all players since the game is global =[
    • Elbereth wrote:

It is a lie. Lags, delays, other technical problems was on the release. Same problems as now! Then they have said there was ddosing, now they say it is losses of packets. It is a lie. Everything! Just want some more money from f2p players before Albions' death
      I think if you play the game recently, there have been more coming back players after the Oberon update. The game is not going to dead anytime soon in the near future in my opinion.

Don't you think that the more people playing the game, the more money they earn.

Why? When there are more players, it means more contents for everyone. More people stay with the game, proportionally more Gold/ Premium package will be bought monthly.

If they can get a new permanent good amount of players for this "Players' Grab", the profit from that is way more than a single cash grab you mention.
    • tarnator wrote:

I think if you play the game recently, there have been more coming back players after the Oberon update. The game is not going to dead anytime soon in the near future in my opinion.
      Don't you think that the more people playing the game, the more money they earn.

Why? When there are more players, it means more contents for everyone. More people stay with the game, proportionally more Gold/ Premium package will be bought monthly.

If they can get a new permanent good amount of players for this "Players' Grab", the profit from that is way more than a single cash grab you mention.
      Every game has its own lifetime. Lets be honest, Albion is not young allready. Loss of players is constant. There is some rising of activity with addons, such as Merlin or Oberon. But in general game loss players every month. So before it dies there is goal to earn more money. The most expensive games are f2p ones. So... Bingo! We have f2p Albion.
    • that great to see that the company strives to improve performance, but I do not understand why a game with relatively simple graphics is with a low rate of fps being that my pc runs games like CS GO and company of heroes 2 in the middle or high but albion with everything in the minimum is with a maximum of 15: /, I wanted to know if you developers would have plans to improve the performace of the albion
      Detalhes'-'
    • I don't give a F about the q's (prob cuz i havent experienced em yet) what i mainly care about is every single time a red is on the screen when we about to fight (happens to streamers has happened to my party more then 5 times around 12UTC) the game auto freezes, lags to shit, freezes lags to shit rinse and repeat. i honestly hope a solution iss created to combat this by tomorrow ... course if nothing changes by tomorrow il just have to do what i did for the majority of the today, an not play .. >=(
    • Eltharyon wrote:

Hello community members old and new,

As promised, here is an update on the current server situation, with some further background information.

Prior to the F2P release, we significantly boosted our hardware - that is to say the number of servers that we run the game on. All of these servers combined form the single game world of Albion. With current player numbers, the servers have no trouble running the game, they're happily doing their job as intended with capacity to spare.

So why is there such a large queue right now? We noticed on launch day that performance suffered even though the servers were doing just fine. We've identified the cause of this to be packet loss which occurs in a particular connecting point in our data center where the game is hosted. We haven't found an explanation for this, since all elements involved should easily be able to handle the current load. Due to the issue appearing on their side, we're having to rely our hosting partner to find and resolve it. We'll continue to work with them throughout the night and, if no solution is found until morning, we have additional measures prepared to be deployed during tomorrow's maintenance time.

We're dedicated to resolving these issues before the weekend and want to thank you once again for bearing with us.

I would also like to personally apologize to all the players waiting in queues to play, it is my top priority to get you playing as well.

Sincerely,

Robin 'Eltharyon' Henkys
      Game Director
      Change the servers to European servers !
    • Ive been enjoying Albion for a while now , The Oberon hype was pretty big and it lived to the hype bringing back old and introducing new players to new content. With the f2p launch I was pretty hyped (not sure why considering I already bought the game and had 90 premium days) , I'm still hyped about it and very impressed with SBI and your dedication to provide a quality product and timely updates.

The issue of rubber banding is quite frustrating , when I attack a mob and it takes them 5 seconds to drop after all HP has been depleted.. or I just straight up die. Repair costs / gear replacement is quite frustrating (spend 3.5m silver over two days combined between repairs , gear replacements). Yes I could simply just play something else until an official post is made about server stability back to the way it was with Oberon 4release but I'm not looking to waste my premium time because of issues out of my control when there is nothing official stating there will be any premium time being compensated to players not being able to enjoy their payed for goods as intended.
      *It's like making dinner then throwing it right in the garbage*

Now to address the in the room

The global chat spamming , missuse , racism and overall toxicity exploding.

Today there were threats , racial and homophobic slurs being spewed in global chat and not ONE mod was on in chat. We need proper chat rules and conciquences for people who break them , dealing this toxic people in global wasn't as frustrating until the f2p launch as most toxic players before f2p launch at least purchased the game and we're controlled and well mannered knowing they could lose there ability to play the game if banned (because of having to purchase a new copy. Now it's free and the new f2p players have nothing to lose.. they can just make a new account and pretend it never happened.

There is a difference between allowing some banter and refusing to properly monitor and punish toxicity. With every passing day it feels like global spirals more and more out of control. I've had friends new to the game quit already on day 2 of f2p because they ganked a squad doing random dungeons and were blasted with things that would get me banned if I repeated , we need proper rules .. when coming to global and Inga!e and need actual mods who will monitor those chats and do what they volunteer to do...

Also is there a way you can post the region activities before f2p , like what countries had the most players. Would be nice to see where most of these f2p players are coming from since they all seem to be spamming that you change the server to eu for the f2p players haha
      My Referral Link: albiononline.com/?ref=PUNXMV31W4
    • Most MOD’s have put in over 30 hours in the last 2 days so I think it is very unfair to criticise them, they have to sleep and eat and are volunteers, most of whom took annual leave from their actual jobs to help out with the F2P launch so to say they aren’t doing what they volunteer to do is simply not true, sorry.

You can use the report option if anyone targets you with hate speech and support will check the chat logs and moderate accordingly, or just mute them. Albion is a full loot PvP game and while to me the way some people act is morally repugnant the chat laws allow a level of free speech and banter other games do not.

There are rules in place that govern chat, if you do not adhere to them then there are repercussions as per the forum post. I am sorry you and your friends had a bad experience, people get nasty if you beat them but if you report them they will get dealt with.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.
    • FlashEtte wrote:

Ive been enjoying Albion for a while now , The Oberon hype was pretty big and it lived to the hype bringing back old and introducing new players to new content. With the f2p launch I was pretty hyped (not sure why considering I already bought the game and had 90 premium days) , I'm still hyped about it and very impressed with SBI and your dedication to provide a quality product and timely updates.

The issue of rubber banding is quite frustrating , when I attack a mob and it takes them 5 seconds to drop after all HP has been depleted.. or I just straight up die. Repair costs / gear replacement is quite frustrating (spend 3.5m silver over two days combined between repairs , gear replacements). Yes I could simply just play something else until an official post is made about server stability back to the way it was with Oberon 4release but I'm not looking to waste my premium time because of issues out of my control when there is nothing official stating there will be any premium time being compensated to players not being able to enjoy their payed for goods as intended.
      *It's like making dinner then throwing it right in the garbage*

Now to address the in the room

The global chat spamming , missuse , racism and overall toxicity exploding.

Today there were threats , racial and homophobic slurs being spewed in global chat and not ONE mod was on in chat. We need proper chat rules and conciquences for people who break them , dealing this toxic people in global wasn't as frustrating until the f2p launch as most toxic players before f2p launch at least purchased the game and we're controlled and well mannered knowing they could lose there ability to play the game if banned (because of having to purchase a new copy. Now it's free and the new f2p players have nothing to lose.. they can just make a new account and pretend it never happened.

There is a difference between allowing some banter and refusing to properly monitor and punish toxicity. With every passing day it feels like global spirals more and more out of control. I've had friends new to the game quit already on day 2 of f2p because they ganked a squad doing random dungeons and were blasted with things that would get me banned if I repeated , we need proper rules .. when coming to global and Inga!e and need actual mods who will monitor those chats and do what they volunteer to do...

Also is there a way you can post the region activities before f2p , like what countries had the most players. Would be nice to see where most of these f2p players are coming from since they all seem to be spamming that you change the server to eu for the f2p players haha
      I just turn off global chat, report and be done with them. The gold spamming is ridiculous in say, trade and global chat. I literally only have recruit channel, guild, whisper and party channel on. There is no point in having anything else on.