Login queue? Seriously?

    • Tbh, I'm actually really happy the queue is as big as it is. The game has been growing really well prior to FTP and to get 7000+ concurrent logins at once is massive. Its a good thing for ingame economy, guilds. gameplay and will help support future development. Plus we'll have loads of people to gank in RZ soon ;)
    • Bastyon wrote:

      Wickedness wrote:

      Player112 wrote:

      Bastyon wrote:

      The gaming industry would be in a sorry state if they had to give everything away out of fear of their hard work being always labelled as "P2W".
      I would label this one more as a P2L - pay to log in.
      sorry to ask this.But is this your very first time jumping into a game going to Free to Play ?
      Its literally a non-issue, there's every chance it will be okay by tomorrow or the next day. I just find it bizarre that people like Player112 and the OP are compelled to publicly complain about something that they are getting for free. So ungrateful.
      i meant no offense.
      But it is kinda common info that Launches and releases pretty much has this happening.
      But it seems some people forget it.
    • Player112 wrote:

      Bastyon wrote:

      You can always buy the game like 90% of the original player base and log in instantly if you like.
      I wouldn't know what I was buying? Is this diablo 3 like or is it POE like? Maybe its a WOT clone?

      Wickedness wrote:

      sorry to ask this.But is this your very first time jumping into a game going to Free to Play ?
      I have played other F2P. Never noticed any very serious problems.
      just so you know.
      I meant no offense mate.
      But to rage over a queue in a game like Albion Online is just weird to me.
      When it is pretty much common info now, that there is queue´s in games Releasing or converting over to free to play style.
      To keep the servers from crashing hard and that could lead to days with out being able to play it.
    • Player112 wrote:

      Bastyon wrote:

      You can always buy the game like 90% of the original player base and log in instantly if you like.
      I wouldn't know what I was buying? Is this diablo 3 like or is it POE like? Maybe its a WOT clone?

      Wickedness wrote:

      sorry to ask this.But is this your very first time jumping into a game going to Free to Play ?
      I have played other F2P. Never noticed any very serious problems.
      Not played POE but its similar in terms of gameplay to Diablo 3 less frantic in PVE. PVP is a lot faster paced usually, especially once either side initiates on the other. If you like that style of game but with much better MMO progression elements and less repetitive gameplay, you'll like AO. I personally played Diablo 2 for quite a while but playing the same scenarios over and over again got boring. There are repetative mobs/zones in AO like any other MMO but what makes it different is the PVP element. The situation can change instantly. The map is also huge and you also have large scale fights (ZvZs) which happen all the time which are fun.

      I think Wickedness' point about playing other FTP games is that almost always on the first day they go FTP or go live - they have a gigantic queue if they are good game - Albion is no exception.
    • Wickedness wrote:

      Bastyon wrote:

      Wickedness wrote:

      Player112 wrote:

      Bastyon wrote:

      The gaming industry would be in a sorry state if they had to give everything away out of fear of their hard work being always labelled as "P2W".
      I would label this one more as a P2L - pay to log in.
      sorry to ask this.But is this your very first time jumping into a game going to Free to Play ?
      Its literally a non-issue, there's every chance it will be okay by tomorrow or the next day. I just find it bizarre that people like Player112 and the OP are compelled to publicly complain about something that they are getting for free. So ungrateful.
      i meant no offense.But it is kinda common info that Launches and releases pretty much has this happening.
      But it seems some people forget it.
      Don't worry! I was agreeing with you.
    • Bastyon wrote:

      Player112 wrote:

      Bastyon wrote:

      You can always buy the game like 90% of the original player base and log in instantly if you like.
      I wouldn't know what I was buying? Is this diablo 3 like or is it POE like? Maybe its a WOT clone?

      Wickedness wrote:

      sorry to ask this.But is this your very first time jumping into a game going to Free to Play ?
      I have played other F2P. Never noticed any very serious problems.
      Not played POE but its similar in terms of gameplay to Diablo 3 less frantic in PVE. PVP is a lot faster paced usually, especially once either side initiates on the other. If you like that style of game but with much better MMO progression elements and less repetitive gameplay, you'll like AO. I personally played Diablo 2 for quite a while but playing the same scenarios over and over again got boring. There are repetative mobs/zones in AO like any other MMO but what makes it different is the PVP element. The situation can change instantly. The map is also huge and you also have large scale fights (ZvZs) which happen all the time which are fun.
      I think Wickedness' point about playing other FTP games is that almost always on the first day they go FTP or go live - they have a gigantic queue if they are good game - Albion is no exception.
      POE (= Path of Exile) ;)
      but i 100% agree with you mate.
    • The biggest of the problems isn't even the queue itself... It is the fact that you HAVE to wait in queue, and, when you finally get in, in less than 5 minutes you get KICKED OUT.
      Don't get me wrong, we all can understand the fact that It's the first day of the Free-to-play launch and It's bound to have some problems, but having to wait and then getting kicked by some premium player logging in instantly after minutes, maybe hours of waiting really is desincouraging...
      The same happened in a LOT of games I played, and all of them nowadays are struggling to keep the servers alive...
      If the DEVs simply can't fix this and we all keep getting kicked in less than 5 minutes of playtime by some random premium logging in, in all honesty, It would be best not to launch the game as free-to-play. It's simply disrespectful.
      I'm really excited to play the game, and I'm at the 3rd attempt to log in, the previous 2 I got kicked in less than 5minutes of gameplay and no, It isn't by connection problems, and I KNOW that It's the game kicking frees to open up space for premiums. XD
    • Ryuden wrote:

      The biggest of the problems isn't even the queue itself... It is the fact that you HAVE to wait in queue, and, when you finally get in, in less than 5 minutes you get KICKED OUT.
      Don't get me wrong, we all can understand the fact that It's the first day of the Free-to-play launch and It's bound to have some problems, but having to wait and then getting kicked by some premium player logging in instantly after minutes, maybe hours of waiting really is desincouraging...
      The same happened in a LOT of games I played, and all of them nowadays are struggling to keep the servers alive...
      If the DEVs simply can't fix this and we all keep getting kicked in less than 5 minutes of playtime by some random premium logging in, in all honesty, It would be best not to launch the game as free-to-play. It's simply disrespectful.
      I'm really excited to play the game, and I'm at the 3rd attempt to log in, the previous 2 I got kicked in less than 5minutes of gameplay and no, It isn't by connection problems, and I KNOW that It's the game kicking frees to open up space for premiums. XD
      If you are still experiencing issues of getting kicked 5 minutes after logging in by EOP Friday, I'll buy you premium.
    • Player112 wrote:

      Bastyon wrote:

      The gaming industry would be in a sorry state if they had to give everything away out of fear of their hard work being always labelled as "P2W".
      I would label this one more as a P2L - pay to log in.
      Well if you decide to keep playing the game, rush straight to carleon, where people who have big balls play

      Ryuden wrote:

      The biggest of the problems isn't even the queue itself... It is the fact that you HAVE to wait in queue, and, when you finally get in, in less than 5 minutes you get KICKED OUT.
      Don't get me wrong, we all can understand the fact that It's the first day of the Free-to-play launch and It's bound to have some problems, but having to wait and then getting kicked by some premium player logging in instantly after minutes, maybe hours of waiting really is desincouraging...
      The same happened in a LOT of games I played, and all of them nowadays are struggling to keep the servers alive...
      If the DEVs simply can't fix this and we all keep getting kicked in less than 5 minutes of playtime by some random premium logging in, in all honesty, It would be best not to launch the game as free-to-play. It's simply disrespectful.
      I'm really excited to play the game, and I'm at the 3rd attempt to log in, the previous 2 I got kicked in less than 5minutes of gameplay and no, It isn't by connection problems, and I KNOW that It's the game kicking frees to open up space for premiums. XD
      You're wrong, but whatever man.

      The login queue isn't waiting for people to log off of albion to let people in, or kicking players. It's incrementally letting people in one at a time so that they don't all load in at once and overload the server.

      As far as crashing goes, I hear a lot of people are having this problem, but of the thirty minutes I was online, at my lunch break,on all four of my accounts, I didn't experience any crashing issues. Three of those accounts are free to play. I understand that crashing is frustrating, but is it the server, or is it your computer? Maybe its the tutorial zones having too many players in them. Zones start lagging out if more than 300 people are in them.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Barricuda ().

    • Ryuden wrote:

      The biggest of the problems isn't even the queue itself... It is the fact that you HAVE to wait in queue, and, when you finally get in, in less than 5 minutes you get KICKED OUT.
      Don't get me wrong, we all can understand the fact that It's the first day of the Free-to-play launch and It's bound to have some problems, but having to wait and then getting kicked by some premium player logging in instantly after minutes, maybe hours of waiting really is desincouraging...
      The same happened in a LOT of games I played, and all of them nowadays are struggling to keep the servers alive...
      If the DEVs simply can't fix this and we all keep getting kicked in less than 5 minutes of playtime by some random premium logging in, in all honesty, It would be best not to launch the game as free-to-play. It's simply disrespectful.
      I'm really excited to play the game, and I'm at the 3rd attempt to log in, the previous 2 I got kicked in less than 5minutes of gameplay and no, It isn't by connection problems, and I KNOW that It's the game kicking frees to open up space for premiums. XD
      sure that can be a problem, but again.
      It just converted to Free to play.
      I normally would give it til friday as Bastyon suggest kinda.
      and see if it still happens.
      But by that time the dev and the game have had nearly 2 days to make some fixes and try and smooth it out.
      Even is i am a founder and yet i have no premium, i dont mind the waiting :).
      I am not forced to get premium to play, but rather it is a choice you can take if you want to.
    • Lol you guys so funny. its f2p now. Beg to play and die in queue.

      So... queue its normal. Okay.

      But! Game dont playable now, because u wait this 7k+. login into world. play 5min - 1 hour max and what? SERVER KICK UR ASS AND SAY BYE BYE. Maybe its some issues, or maybe its specially. But now. in that moment. Its not f2p. its albion with lags. because some homeless want to enter game.
    • Vam-Ne-Stidno wrote:

      Lol you guys so funny. its f2p now. Beg to play and die in queue.

      So... queue its normal. Okay.

      But! Game dont playable now, because u wait this 7k+. login into world. play 5min - 1 hour max and what? SERVER KICK UR ASS AND SAY BYE BYE. Maybe its some issues, or maybe its specially. But now. in that moment. Its not f2p. its albion with lags. because some homeless want to enter game.
      K.
    • Fenrir wrote:

      There are people that were waiting to play for years, what did u expected?
      What i expect? Nothing for you. I want true. Idc queue or not. but some officers and others who buy game, write funny things. (jealous about f2p?)
      Stop spam this message like. if u dont want die in queue buy prem. or its f2p now what u want?

      say what they want from Albion? this homeless? To play.

      So now. its not f2p. and its not big trouble for week. Its a....

      F2P ALBION if you lucky... and no more than 30 minutes. Thats full name for Albion.
      Dont mad guys. gl hf
    • There is no question about it, the fact that there are queues this big is terrible and we can absolutely understand everybody who is mad about this.

      We are doing everything we can to deal with this asap.

      The sad fact is that it's not actually a server issue - we massively boosted server capacity ahead of the F2P launch - but rather seems to be a networking issue at our datacenter. We are already in contact with them to identify the problem and deliver a solution as soon as possible. In the meantime, please accept our apologies for these issues.
    • Korn wrote:

      There is no question about it, the fact that there are queues this big is terrible and we can absolutely understand everybody who is mad about this.

      We are doing everything we can to deal with this asap.

      The sad fact is that it's not actually a server issue - we massively boosted server capacity ahead of the F2P launch - but rather seems to be a networking issue at our datacenter. We are already in contact with them to identify the problem and deliver a solution as soon as possible. In the meantime, please accept our apologies for these issues.
      No need to apologize and just keep doing your best. <3 Players need to understand that big jumps like this for any game is going to have problems. It's just common sense. Everything will be fine and stop apologizing. We all know you guys are doing your best.