[Resolved] Gold Market Issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• bdlGabriel wrote:

problems happen, sbi solved the problem, move on.
    I was also banned, 24 hours without playing, it sucks, but life goes on, you should have used this time with something productive, instead of getting steric in the forum.
    To the developers, thank you for the great work, the players who expected a day when everything flowed without problem are great optimists. The troubles pass, the game will be more fun from here on out.
    KUDOS to you buddy!
  • To keep you guys up-to-date; this step has now been completed:
    2. Accounts that bought lots of gold cheaply as a result of the gold exploit will not be suspended. However, we'll be treating this one a case by cases basis and go through the transaction logs and reverse these transactions. If you benefited from the artificially low gold prices, do not sell or use that gold such that the claw back goes smoothly - otherwise, and we will have to suspend the accounts in question. Note that even If the gold is used / sold, we'll still be able to claw it back.

You can now freely trade your Silver and Gold in the game. If your account was involved and you have any questions left about your specific situation, please reach out to us via support
  • Elsa wrote:

You can now freely trade your Silver and Gold in the game. If your account was involved and you have any questions left about your specific situation, please reach out to us via support
    This is BS, no offense. As I know people who benefited by upwards of 100 mil by putting in low gold buy orders that were filled instantly. And now your saying they can turn around and sell it with no repercussions?
  • Wadefu wrote:

Elsa wrote:

This is BS, no offense. As I know people who benefited by upwards of 100 mil by putting in low gold buy orders that were filled instantly. And now your saying they can turn around and sell it with no repercussions?
    She stated that "this step" ("we'll ... go through the transaction logs and reverse these transactions") is complete. Ask the "people" you know and let us know.
  • What does it mean that the Global Discount is now 2000:1 Gold.

Is it a) If Silver Gold ratio Hits 2000:1 the Discount is 0%.
    or b) If Silver Gold ratio Hits 2000:1 the Discount start to decrease from 50% and if so where does it have to be to be 0% again?

I find the way you mentioned it in the changelogs not accurate enough.
    In the past you could easily check the actual Global Discount at your private island at the vendor but this not possible anymore.
  • There is a guy in my guild that claims he used the bug. Claims his account was never suspended but they did fix his gold, however he was able to keep 20 mil silver of the illegitimate funds.

How much of him saying this is bs? Probably 100% it still worries me however that there may be some truth, and where theres going to one person that slipped through, there will be 10 more.

Did you guys look at all of the trading done between the accounts that used the bug, were people able to just buy stuff on one account and then flip it to multiple other accounts? Thats my biggest worry is that these people didnt get caught.
  • Ricctis wrote:

There is a guy in my guild that claims he used the bug. Claims his account was never suspended but they did fix his gold, however he was able to keep 20 mil silver of the illegitimate funds.

How much of him saying this is bs? Probably 100% it still worries me however that there may be some truth, and where theres going to one person that slipped through, there will be 10 more.

Did you guys look at all of the trading done between the accounts that used the bug, were people able to just buy stuff on one account and then flip it to multiple other accounts? Thats my biggest worry is that these people didnt get caught.
    It's best to submit a report in this case so we can look into this. We have received some reports about some accounts but when looking into them, they were fine after all. I'm not saying that there is no chance that overlooked something, however, it makes sense to remain skeptical about those claims until we have checked them.
  • Glad to see a speedy fix to the issue, It's always frustrating when a few select players abuse a bug or glitch for their own personal gain causing other legit players to feel the backlash including market price increase on crafted items.

I do hope it doesn't happen again and the packet loss from the server is fixed.
    My Referral Link: albiononline.com/?ref=PUNXMV31W4
  • Volnay wrote:

Wrong signal sent to the community.
    Next time there is a such an exploit, honest players will start cheating without compunction.

Evoque wrote:

Elsa wrote:

2. Accounts that bought lots of gold cheaply as a result of the gold exploit will not be suspended...

Most of these trades were triggered by pre-existing buy orders, often created prior to the F2P launch by players speculating on natural gold price drop. In addition to that, we can't assume that people who *bought* gold in the player driven market (but never used the exploit) were necessarily aware of the exploit in the first case. Rest assured that we have a very hard stance against cheating, exploits and RMT which was have consistently demonstrated over the past years. That won't change.