[Resolved] Gold Market Issue

  • H4n1baL wrote:

    Hey there!

    So far, the examples of items that have been brought up (Tomes and crystal rhinos) are a really bad indicator for the current market situation. To be perfectly clear: I'm talking only about Caerleon prices right now!
    1. Tome prices have gone back to the normal price point of a few hours ago
    2. It's very likely to see more players buy tomes in general after opening the game to that many players + giving every existing player at least 1k free gold to spend. So in theory it could be entirely natural.
    3. For crystal rhinos we're seeing ONE singular transaction after the game went live today. You cannot make any statement about the price if the amount you're looking at is one sale.

    If we saw a big inflation for example in resource prices or other crafting materials - then it could be a sign of a flawed economy. So far, we don't see that anywhere. If you feel like we should take a look at a specific item, please drop me a private message with the item name and the market.
    You can also take a look at the gold market. You will see that the price is almost back to the original value.
    Again, as was stated - We've temporarily banned all players involved in this and are taking measures to clean up what we can right now. Looking at all the data we have, we don't see anything super harmful right now even though it may feel different to you as a player.
    Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.

    - Lino
    That's a whole lot of it's. Also any smart player, the ones you won't catch, will obviously lay low and slowly siphon his illicit gains through different channels/means. You're acting like the smart ones will start riding around on BM's in caerleon in 8.3 MP sets or burn 2k tomes just for the heck of it...Smart criminals don't act like some rapper who just signed a contract with universal.
  • blast203 wrote:

    @H4n1baL

    I am really disappointed in how you have carried out your bans, I was hyped for today like the majority of other people. I have 100% confidence I have not broke any rules. When you have been scanning through the transactions you've seen I have a lot of silver and banned me.

    Feel free to share my information with the rest of the forum, bought 10k gold for 1200 silver price. Sold it then bought another 10k for 700, then tried to put another order in for 500 silver a piece.

    With your priority's being F2P i am going to be stuck banned for no reason for multiple days while you focus on the free players, while OG player who has not broke any rules is banned, to make it worse you cant even log onto the forums. Like i said feel free to share my offenses im overreacting because I took the day of work to play this game..sad but sigh.

    " Accounts that bought lots of gold cheaply as a result of the gold exploit will not be suspended"

    I don't even class 1200 as cheap, buying some at 700 silver fair enough getting cheaper. Don't know why I have been singled out considering the stories I have heard from the rest of the players.



    Blast204
    @blast203 It's not because your account is banned for now, you gonna have permanent ban. They just blocking accounts and checking if players used the exploit bug or no

    The post was edited 1 time, last by TacTic ().

  • Having read all the updates from the Albion team, I'm still left with worries as to the amount of impact this will have on the game going forward with the economy the main focus of my concerns.
    Just before the server's went down there where people in global chat claiming to have bought upwards of hundreds of thousands of gold for dirt cheap.
    It may be my lack of economical knowledge that's leaving me worried but I for one cannot seem to comprehend how this can be resolved by any means other than a server rollback to the time of FTP launch.
    As this is apparently not going to be the case, I'm left feeling like all the hard work iv put into building up my in-game finances over the last few months and for many others years have all been in vein.
    I believe you would be doing your loyal customers a disservice by not rolling the server's back and think it should be seriously reconsidered.
  • Lylo wrote:

    Having read all the updates from the Albion team, I'm still left with worries as to the amount of impact this will have on the game going forward with the economy the main focus of my concerns.
    Just before the server's went down there where people in global chat claiming to have bought upwards of hundreds of thousands of gold for dirt cheap.
    It may be my lack of economical knowledge that's leaving me worried but I for one cannot seem to comprehend how this can be resolved by any means other than a server rollback to the time of FTP launch.
    As this is apparently not going to be the case, I'm left feeling like all the hard work iv put into building up my in-game finances over the last few months and for many others years have all been in vein.
    I believe you would be doing your loyal customers a disservice by not rolling the server's back and think it should be seriously reconsidered.

    Please see the analysis here: [April 10] Gold Market Issue

    Rest assured that if the impact had been significant, we certainly would have done a rollback.

    However, the impact is - luckily - tiny. It's equal to at most a few hours worth of gold supply.

    It might even turn out to be net negative if the accounts that are getting banned due to this have significant non-fraud assets / currency alongside the ill gotten (and now frozen) gains.
  • Belemrys wrote:

    Deleting market history?

    I hope the transactions are being reverted too...because transactions seen on AH history are gone now...

    Potential proof of deleted transaction history, why would so many people post T7 Sticky for sale at the same price point if nothing had sold at that price? Clearly the history has been tampered with.
    those charts look normal. A lot of the items got bought out 24 hrs ago (which was still yesterday, before f2p went live) as people anticipated and moved stuff from Caerleon to fill Royal cities.

    Price of Pork Pies went from 2k to 9k in Caerleon over the weekend (a few days before f2p, but way before any kind of Gold maket issues happened).
  • Belemrys wrote:

    Not to be inflammatory but a rollback is definitely required. Look at the market and the inflation that has taken place. It shows that people are disregarding your request to not use the Silver from cheap gold bought because of this "exploit."

    The amount of transactions and the increase in costs is indicative of some deep levels of laundering taking place. The layers are going deeper, people are turning that Gold and Silver into Fame, mounts, etc...

    If your save states for a rollback got messed up because of F2P or whatever procedures you didn't account for, that is another issue. Rollback is the appropriate response to what is currently happening in this game. The economy is destroyed.
    Sadly I agree with this. I think you need to take the game down and do a proper roll back. Then compensate everyone somehow. Free premium or some such, not gold.

    The new inflation is CRAZY and people are bad at following directions, especially if it benefits them.

    Also without a roll back, I just don't see how you can catch everyone. Logs are logs, and there will always be a few things that are missed.


    Did I help? Please use my Referral Link.
  • DildoSwaggings wrote:

    @Korn

    Is it correct to assume that gold went that low also because of all this illicit gold taking place? If not, why not? 300s a pop, im still shocked tbh, I feel everyone was expecting a roll back, lost a lot of faith today.
    Yes, but those transactions are getting reversed. And the actual amount of gold that changed hands here was not that much - note that at any point of time - in particular, now that everyone who had the game got 1.000 gold for free - buy orders where already getting rid by totally legitimate gold sales. The fake gold was just what pushed the market over the edge.
  • I really want to echo Lylo's sentiment. I don't want to have this question in my mind moving forward as to if people obtained incredible benefit from an exploit through a loophole you guys weren't able to track or think about. I don't want to have a concern about a guild or alliance having used this bug to their benefit and now has a considerable edge. Whereas a rollback would eliminate all doubt, you've opted to assure us everything will be tracked down eliminated and the offenders brought to justice, I simply do not believe this to be possible. Fact of the matter is there was an exploit today and what I saw was crazy numbers of gold, screenshots of people buying years worth of premium, insane amounts of gold but yet you say the impact is "tiny", its just not adding up for me.

    Everyone's banned, everything's frozen and everything's fine? .....
  • Korn wrote:

    DildoSwaggings wrote:

    @Korn

    Is it correct to assume that gold went that low also because of all this illicit gold taking place? If not, why not? 300s a pop, im still shocked tbh, I feel everyone was expecting a roll back, lost a lot of faith today.
    Yes, but those transactions are getting reversed. And the actual amount of gold that changed hands here was not that much - note that at any point of time - in particular, now that everyone who had the game got 1.000 gold for free - buy orders where already getting rid by totally legitimate gold sales. The fake gold was just what pushed the market over the edge.
    Thank you for your reply,

    So the person who posted in this thread a picture of him buying 10000 gold for 300s a gold piece is getting his ''wallet'' reversed?