Are They Cheap? Or Just Really Dumb?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are They Cheap? Or Just Really Dumb?

So yeah, been looking forward to Albion going F2P with a 34% discount before to get people to buy the game.

Now my question is.... are they just cheap?... or are they dumb?

You see this 34% discount IS ONLY ON THE WEBSITE! MY GOD WHY! Did they not discount it on steam because steam takes a cut? Or do they think no one would buy it. They are either cheap, or dumb. My faith is shaky at best.

You see, I have steam currency. But I don't quite want to spend $30 on something that will be free soon. HOWEVER! If they gave the discount like they said they would (they just failed to disclose the discount would only be on their website), I would have purchased Albion. But now... you don't have my money. You don't have a potential influx of revenue on steam... because you are either too cheap, or too dumb to apply the discount on the platform.... especially WHEN THERE IS A POST ON THAT PLATFORM SAYING THERE WILL BE A DISCOUNT! - steamcommunity.com/games/76189…etail/1823302204795996502

Either way you have the business sense of a 1st grader. I am looking forward to playing, if I like it I can grind to get premium, I don't mind. I just want you to picture me, and a ton of people, who didn't buy the game because you failed to carry out the discount on steam.

Bravo, see you tomorrow fellas. Sorry for the shit post, but I am honestly dumbfounded by the astonishingly poor choices made by the developers of this game.
    • Hello,

Steam does not allow for discounts running longer than two weeks at a time - which we did from March 20 till April 4.

After the discount ended, we permanently dropped the prices there to a similar level as it's on our website after a discount, e.g. the game itself is now USD19.95 instead of 29.95 as before. So the only thing missing on Steam is the shiny "-34% off".

-Talion
      Losing my insanity would mean I'm losing everything: the dreams where I can fly.
    • MonkeyJack wrote:

Copy pasta from the link you gave

"This is the last chance to get Starter Packs before they are discontinued on April 10. You can find the discounted packs in our web shop[albiononline.com]."

In my opinion its easy to understand that the discounts are on their webshop...

Title

Talion wrote:

Hello,

Steam does not allow for discounts running longer than two weeks at a time - which we did from March 20 till April 4.

After the discount ended, we permanently dropped the prices there to a similar level as it's on our website after a discount, e.g. the game itself is now USD19.95 instead of 29.95 as before. So the only thing missing on Steam is the shiny "-34% off".

-Talion
      Okay... once again this brings up a question. Why would you not do this discount... on the second week? Doing the discount from March 20th till April 4th is not entirely smart. You would likely get more by 7 days before the game goes ftp, you would gained people like me who stumbled upon it getting towards ftp.

Why you may ask?

Because you are giving people a better closing period. The game is going to be more fresh on people's minds while launch approaches. You have a better chance, to get impulse purchases when people see the rewards. I can think of a number of reasons as to why doing what you did... is really not that smart.

Now let's get to the nitty gritty. I came upon this game on April 3rd... and I don't remember seeing a single discount. I remember debating if I wanted to spend $30, and decided not to. Was it country restricted? (I don't know if steam can country restrict discounts or not) So yeah.. not the best move.

If I like Albion enough, I'll grind for premium unless there is the ability to buy premium on steam (that would be smart). If you had chosen your discount time wisely, you would have my money. I am not the only one.

Good luck with your f2p launch. Let's hope your a little more business savy in the future.
    • WolfOfOdin wrote:

Okay... once again this brings up a question. Why would you not do this discount... on the second week? Doing the discount from March 20th till April 4th is not entirely smart. You would likely get more by 7 days before the game goes ftp, you would gained people like me who stumbled upon it getting towards ftp.

Why you may ask?

Because you are giving people a better closing period. The game is going to be more fresh on people's minds while launch approaches. You have a better chance, to get impulse purchases when people see the rewards. I can think of a number of reasons as to why doing what you did... is really not that smart.

Now let's get to the nitty gritty. I came upon this game on April 3rd... and I don't remember seeing a single discount. I remember debating if I wanted to spend $30, and decided not to. Was it country restricted? (I don't know if steam can country restrict discounts or not) So yeah.. not the best move.

If I like Albion enough, I'll grind for premium unless there is the ability to buy premium on steam (that would be smart). If you had chosen your discount time wisely, you would have my money. I am not the only one.

Good luck with your f2p launch. Let's hope your a little more business savy in the future.
      Really not quite sure what you want? You've been told the game is still discounted on Steam, albeit without the actual 'discount' badge. Buy it and shut up!
    • Talion wrote:

@WolfOfOdin ..... Pwned.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Talion wrote:

Hello,

-Talion
      :D

We like shiny things! Make it shiny!
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion
    • WolfOfOdin wrote:

So yeah, been looking forward to Albion going F2P with a 34% discount before to get people to buy the game.

You see this 34% discount IS ONLY ON THE WEBSITE! MY GOD WHY! Did they not discount it on steam because steam takes a cut? Or do they think no one would buy it. They are either cheap, or dumb. My faith is shaky at best.

You see, I have steam currency. But I don't quite want to spend $30 on something that will be free soon. HOWEVER! If they gave the discount like they said they would (they just failed to disclose the discount would only be on their website), I would have purchased Albion. But now... you don't have my money. You don't have a potential influx of revenue on steam... because you are either too cheap, or too dumb to apply the discount on the platform.... especially WHEN THERE IS A POST ON THAT PLATFORM SAYING THERE WILL BE A DISCOUNT! - steamcommunity.com/games/76189…etail/1823302204795996502

Either way you have the business sense of a 1st grader. I am looking forward to playing, if I like it I can grind to get premium, I don't mind. I just want you to picture me, and a ton of people, who didn't buy the game because you failed to carry out the discount on steam.

Bravo, see you tomorrow fellas. Sorry for the shit post, but I am honestly dumbfounded by the astonishingly poor choices made by the developers of this game.
      damn you stupid fr
    • SHARKY wrote:

WolfOfOdin wrote:

Why you may ask?

Really not quite sure what you want? You've been told the game is still discounted on Steam, albeit without the actual 'discount' badge. Buy it and shut up!

I want to buy the game on steam at the same price the website carries. Did you not read it?

Midgard wrote:

Talion wrote:

@WolfOfOdin ..... Pwned.

Why wouldn't you just drop the price to it's intended discount price? Seems like they missed the boat of sales before F2P comes out by being cheap. Also how does this make me Pwned? Because the developer answered? You... make no sense.

DildoSwaggings wrote:

WolfOfOdin wrote:

damn you stupid fr
      Please explain. You see when someone calls me stupid without providing an intelligent retort, I tend to believe they lash out because they have a meager IQ. If you have an IQ of 30, that is fine, enjoy your simple life and simple remarks calling people stupid. However, if you have a shred of intelligence, tell me why I am stupid. Is it because I have an opinion? Is it because I believe they hired a 1st grader for this F2P marketing campaign?
    • I believe I realize my confusion. You see I have not followed Albion Online for long, in fact I only stumbled upon it on the 3rd. With everything I read, I see the game was at $30... usd. Since I did not have all the information, I came to conclusions.

It's $30 Canadian, I did not considering the USD price point so I thought the devs were simply being cheap steam side. My apologies, to the devs and everyone.
    • WolfOfOdin wrote:

I believe I realize my confusion. You see I have not followed Albion Online for long, in fact I only stumbled upon it on the 3rd. With everything I read, I see the game was at $30... usd. Since I did not have all the information, I came to conclusions.

It's $30 Canadian, I did not considering the USD price point so I thought the devs were simply being cheap steam side. My apologies, to the devs and everyone.
      My apologies for calling you stupid then