EU Server (STOP THIS SHAMEFUL QUEUE)

• EU Server (STOP THIS SHAMEFUL QUEUE)

Hello guys.
      Now that the game will become Free To Play, you dont think its the moment to host a server in Europe?
      Its so strange have only 1 server in USA in a game like Albion.
      Specially because you devs are german , why do you not host a server in German?
      How can grow up the community if miss server to play with a good ping (<100)+

The post was edited 1 time, last by Toriga ().

• Rictusempra wrote:

Toriga wrote:

Its a shame.
      Im from 2 hours in queue.
      And im now in 6378 position.
      Fix this problem or the game die fast.

Im already tired.
      game die fast? we are already playing this game since 2015. before F2P daily online users are already 15k+. if you dont play this game bc of hype and queue go and play mc or something.
      For you its normal a player have to wait 5 hours to play 1-2 hours? Be in a queue of 10k, and with so many players this game have only 1 server in 4 years.
      Do you think all the players that will come now will accept this situation?
      Instead to grow up hype, it delete the hype with these queue so long, im losing all my wish for this game.
      I am not a child, I do not have so much free time a day, I work, I have commitments, and I would like to play after work for 1-2 hours, instead i'm waiting from 5 hours to play only 1 maximum 2 hours. I can understand 5- 10 minutes, but not eternity. Adult people are busy.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Toriga ().

• its like a release day. what did you expect?
      when you dont have 1 or 2 days for fixes then yes, just play another game.
      i would highly prefer eu server too btw but it is like it is for now.
      give the new situation some times or go but dont cry about performance on launch.
      and btw, the game did not die without f2p players and it still wont without them.
      im happy about the wave of new players but when somebody never played on release and complain he better go back to other games.
      i payed 100EUR at the first launch and could not play. im still here....

The post was edited 1 time, last by CallMeGosu ().

• CallMeGosu wrote:

its like a release day. what did you expect?
      give the new situation some times or go but dont cry about performance on launch.
      and btw, the game did not die without f2p players and it still wont without them.
      im happy about the wave of new players but when somebody never played on release and complain he better go back to other games.
      Everything that I had already thought is happening.
      At first I was only complaining about the server not in Europe, but now the real problem is the endless queue.
      They fix all opening a new server in Europe ,thus the population vanishes somewhat.
      A queue of 10k positions is fucking crazy and really shameful.
      I can undestand a queue of 100 positions, but not so huge.
      They want force all the players to buy the premium, it is a highly incorrect policy to make money.
      This isnt a free to play. This is a hidden Pay To Play for after became a hiddent SUBSCRIPTION, because a player cant wait every time, every day 1-2 hour to play.
      They have to change, and there is no excuse for it, there isnt nothing to defend.
      100000 times better have a normal game that you pay one time and stop, better have at this point a Buy To Play of 30-40 eur without any shit in the game, or with only cosmetique things.
      Instead, now there is a shameful queue that force every people that want play to pay every month for Premium, and plus there is a "Pay To Win" system in game, for the players that resist to dont pay Premium.
      1-2 days to fix, there isnt nothing to fix, this is their decision, because anyone knew that with the advent of free play, the population would quickly almost double, they are trying to sift through money from as many people as possible.
      Or change this game in a Buy To Play or they have to remove this shit of queue with Premium Subscription Optional.
      ATM this is not a Free To Play.
    • the1uhate wrote:

Bruh queue on launch day is somewhat normal. Is this ur first MMO? If so, then that answers why. Wth! Ive been playing MMOs my whole life and been on larger queue times than this.

Stop crying and just wait it out. Lmao
      Dont cry about about queuing when you only played minecraft.

Let me guess...you must be what most ppl call the "Forumite"?? Except hot air and stupid comments, nothing constructive to say.

I Think his "crying" about the lack of servers is pretty understandable, even though most already played since 2015 or whatever.
      Yeah it was a rough start with the Free2Play opening...but in the end...every Game i played so far added new Servers even right after there start because of the mass of new players.
      All you can do is wait..or for the greedy devs...buy premium and you get instant access. Wow...Or as this nice person i quoted said in another topic...just wait. 40-60% of the new players might leave again so everything goes back to normal...GG

The post was edited 2 times, last by Evas_Flarelight: Edited out insults. ().

• SBI will never create a EU Server... This game is suppose to be a lot like EVE Online where it is a open world sandbox game so you get to choose what to do as the player.. If they made other servers it would completely defeat the entire purpose of this game.

EVERYTHING has to remain one 1 massive server or they're pretty much effectively be starting over in a sense since a good majority of the EU player base would go there. as for moving the server to EU they won't do this either unless they get some better kind of net code or something that handles requests/input better but it's hard to do because of the type of game that it is.. EVE Online works almost perfect doesn't matter where you are in the world because of the design but sadly Albion is completely different.

The Albion server USED to be in EU as well at one point and they moved it to the east coast state side and I'm willing to bet it was for a specific reason.. dunno what that reason is but if they have already moved the servers from EU to US then why would they move it back?

There's obviously more behind the scenes stuff we don't know and that could be server security or some other stuff which SBI obviously wanna keep secret or there would be a dev reply or blog post or something on why they moved the server to the US in the 1st place.

furthermore.. there are EU players in the game who've been playing before and after the server migration from EU to US and they seem to do well just fine.. I'm in a alliance and other than my guild being the only major USA players all the other guilds are from UK/EU and I never ONCE hear them complain about lag... they're only getting like 140-160ping which isn't THAT bad..

Yes there are people in the game who get 180 ping or 200+ ping and sadly there's just nothing that can be done about that... SBI isn't gonna move the server closer to you just so YOU get better ping because then everyone else who gets decent ping gets worse ping so now you're becoming favored.. and to that I ask.. "What makes you anymore special than anyone else?" why should SBI contour or cadre to you?

SBI has obviously been doing just fine before the free to play launch getting almost 12k players average and that was growing according to their 1st graph they released.. Since free to play they'll keep growing even if you decide not to play it's 1 less person who will complain and that SBI doesn't have to deal with.

eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

If you need more in-depth look... Here is the EVE Online server. If you look it only had about 9k average players from 2003 to 05 and then the next 2 years it went to 24k players. Albion is slowly going to reach their peak it just takes time. The game is still in development obviously and SBI is just getting better and better with more content and better support and as technology advances the lag n such wont be as big of a problem so on and so forth.
    • Blackstone30 wrote:

the1uhate wrote:

Bruh queue on launch day is somewhat normal. Is this ur first MMO? If so, then that answers why. Wth! Ive been playing MMOs my whole life and been on larger queue times than this.

Let me guess...you must be what most ppl call the "Forumite"?? Except hot air and stupid comments, nothing constructive to say.

I Think his "crying" about the lack of servers is pretty understandable, even though most already played since 2015 or whatever.
      Yeah it was a rough start with the Free2Play opening...but in the end...every Game i played so far added new Servers even right after there start because of the mass of new players.
      All you can do is wait..or for the greedy devs...buy premium and you get instant access. Wow...Or as this nice person i quoted said in another topic...just wait. 40-60% of the new players might leave again so everything goes back to normal...GG

The queue times won't be here for ever dude... If you seriously think SBI is just always going to have queue times you're mistaken. Free to play JUST launched... Give SBI time to assess everything and make changes to the server/network configurations... and or add better hardware etc..

EVE Online had queue times too back in the day... these games are massive on a large scale... you really need to learn these kinds of things instead of just firing off at the company..

If Blizzard which is a multi-BILLION dollar company cant get their WoW servers to take a massive influx of people especially on launch day then how do you expect companies like CCP Games and Sandbox Interactive to do it when they have maybe some millions?

Amazon is making an MMO and Amazon is probably 10x larger than any major gaming company out there... they have over 1 TRILLION dollars between Amazon and Twitch.tv and I guarantee you their new MMO on lunch day will most likely have queue times.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Evas_Flarelight: Edited out the insults. ().

• Blackstone30 wrote:

the1uhate wrote:

im not sure whyd you call me "forumite"? can explain to me? lmao.

ohh and do you really think 100% of the new players will stay here?
      hahahahaha you really dont know free2play players do you?

btw good day to you haha dont be so hot headed, it might kill you! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: Edited out the insults. ().

• Toriga wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

its like a release day. what did you expect?
      Everything that I had already thought is happening.At first I was only complaining about the server not in Europe, but now the real problem is the endless queue.
      They fix all opening a new server in Europe ,thus the population vanishes somewhat.
      A queue of 10k positions is fucking crazy and really shameful.
      I can undestand a queue of 100 positions, but not so huge.
      They want force all the players to buy the premium, it is a highly incorrect policy to make money.
      This isnt a free to play. This is a hidden Pay To Play for after became a hiddent SUBSCRIPTION, because a player cant wait every time, every day 1-2 hour to play.
      They have to change, and there is no excuse for it, there isnt nothing to defend.
      100000 times better have a normal game that you pay one time and stop, better have at this point a Buy To Play of 30-40 eur without any shit in the game, or with only cosmetique things.
      Instead, now there is a shameful queue that force every people that want play to pay every month for Premium, and plus there is a "Pay To Win" system in game, for the players that resist to dont pay Premium.
      1-2 days to fix, there isnt nothing to fix, this is their decision, because anyone knew that with the advent of free play, the population would quickly almost double, they are trying to sift through money from as many people as possible.
      Or change this game in a Buy To Play or they have to remove this shit of queue with Premium Subscription Optional.
      ATM this is not a Free To Play.
      this game was buy to plaz for 2 years now and the premium q is there to protcet paying customers from q.
      u did not want to buy the game but now when its free u want to complain and want the same priority then sum1 who pays since 2 years?
      i mean...... how selfish can sum1 be?
    • Take tibia as an example. Has multiple servers but for a long time they don't have South America servers. When they create some servers here, a lot of people returned to the game, simple because the ping. Tibia has something about 20 servers, too much.
      BUT, if Albion has 1 server in each major continent, it will be enough.

1 NA Server (actual)
      1 EU Server
      1 SA Server

Will be good for everyone! Even to communication. In Brazil, few people know english.

You can use server location in marketing as well! Saying that has local servers attracts the attention of many people and can grow the popularity of the game even more.
    • I did 4 hours on steam, where 3:30 of QUEUE.
      THIS SUCK SO MUCH.
      I'm really tired, and 4 my friends said the same thing, and unistalled already.
      For the haters, and the Albion Fans, this is not my first MMO, i play MMO from many years (Moderns , no WOW) , but i never saw a waiting of 3 hour to play.
      Who defend all this, is only a addicted fan, and is not neutral, because this situation is shameful and its not defensible, free to play where, grow up the community where, if just new players see this situation remove this game fast and never come back.
      Why did i not buy before this game? Because i wasn't attracted so much in 2015, low contents, pay to win system, problems of launch, promise of a Free To Play not kept, and other things. It' is a my decision, and is so fucking stupid complain about this. Every player, no, every people spend money how they want.
      Then, why did they change in Free To Play now? Maybe because want grow up the fame and the success of this game. And they want more money. All ok, sin that they are doing a incorrect marketing policy
      Somebody speak of WoW, i didnt play WoW, but i dont think that the players in WoW have to wait 3 hour to play, but reading on Internet, 1 instance in WoW hosts more of 50k players, and in WoW there are lots instances.
      Here we are speaking of only 10k players, there isnt comparision. Save your bullshits please because we arent stupid.
      And we are in 2019, no in 2004.
      This situation is inaccetable in 2019.
      There are many MMO with bigger community of Albion. The secret is create more instances, you cant mantain all the world in 1 instance, they have to create other instances to split the community, and they can create a server in Europe for the community of Europe, the queue reduce of 80 %, and in future a server of Asia, i cant imagine all the asians,that play to this "game" with 300-350 ping.
      I see from yesterday queue of 10k positions, i read something like "with other instances is not funny, because the map is so big, and need many people", ah really? For you 10k people cant cover a new map?
      Because if there is a queue of 10k positions, mean that the map is full, and there are 10k players that are waiting to play.

All the things i read in this topic to defend the decision of Sandbox, are only bullshit by super fans addicted without sense of critique.

The post was edited 22 times, last by Toriga ().